Author

Topic: What is your trading strategy? - page 113. (Read 304646 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
May 10, 2015, 12:14:22 AM
My trading strategy is to buy a coin when there were negative news and the price dropped as a result of bad news. Then hodling it for a couple of days/weeks and sell at a higher price. This worked very well so far, not for all investements, but for at leas 3/4 of them.
Like pumped and dumped? but in pumped and dumped are using altcoins not really bitcoin because the price of altcoins is lower than bitcoin so that it is better to buy and sell.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
May 09, 2015, 08:42:49 AM
My trading strategy is to buy a coin when there were negative news and the price dropped as a result of bad news. Then hodling it for a couple of days/weeks and sell at a higher price. This worked very well so far, not for all investements, but for at leas 3/4 of them.
May 09, 2015, 08:27:13 AM
waiting for the wave to start, then i buy or sell depend on trend
For the newbie you always should be careful with your trading. No one knows when the trend ends. You may be left at the peak and not get out quickly. Don't invest too much at the beginning.
Observe first the trends and if you see that the trends is good. now you can invest your money any value you want.

Its not that simple. If youe really know the first trend, bitcoin is too volatile and you need to play it fast if not you will lose some profit. Like for example the trend is going up and you are buying and wait it till its highest then suddenly drop instantly and you still hope it will raise again. That will make you lose a lot from it
Yeah its not simple if you are beginner in cryptocurrency buy if you are veteran and you know what will happened to the trend for sure you wouldnt loss any bitcoin. In beginner you would have a trial and error so that you can predict when the trends going up or going down.

Do you trade intraday or on longer timeframes? I would like to know how often you trade and what chart time resolution you use. Because its really not seldom for me that i think the trend is clear but it breaks.
I do not often to trade, i more likely to offer a service so that theres no risk. But i know the strategies of trading like i said but low sell high but it doesn't mean that is simple like that.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
May 09, 2015, 02:50:54 AM
I guess that trial and error is for the veteran not in beginner using because that is still hard to predict even tough you already calculate well but you still have a chance to miss it again. And for the veteran i guess they already know how to calculate it well
But all of we or all of the buyers of bitcoin used a trial and error because you wont perfect it if you didn't failed. But i think veterans tooks 1-2 years to master how to calculate trends. It takes time Sad

In the cryptocoin world it is not about calculating trends. It is about waiting until some big fish decides to pump one or another coin and jumping on the bandwagon (and off) at the right moment...

Just don't get delusional

But if you just wait for the big fish to do that. You are not making any progress, how about if they do nothing? We are just sitting like that and didnt get any profit? I dont want it to be like that, if everytime we can get profit why we dont do that? Why we are just waiting for them to pump it? We can try it other way right?

What I said is not relevant to day trading or scalping (but this is not for newbies) where you are trying to catch small price movements (fluctuations) in the right direction and therefore don't care where the price will go tomorrow (i.e. you don't follow mid-to-long term trend). Furthermore, there are a lot of cryptocoins out there. Personally, I don't watch them closely, but surely one of them gets pumped right now (and others get dumped), since big fish also don't like doing nothing. In fact, trying it any other way (i.e. not following big fish) is a sure way to lose in the end (and not only in the cryptocoin world)...

The most recent example that I saw pumped and dumped (I even profited a little, just for fun) was the DarkNote coin. Also noteworthy is huge prolonged dumping of Dogecoin as of late
we had better use the quick method of selling and buying fast, because if we are too long to hold our coins, sometimes we will be hooked to sell it at a cheaper price, it is of course detrimental to us.
When waiting for the big fish, sometimes the price becomes unpredictable, perhaps more decisive veteran experience in this regard
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 08, 2015, 10:28:21 AM
I guess that trial and error is for the veteran not in beginner using because that is still hard to predict even tough you already calculate well but you still have a chance to miss it again. And for the veteran i guess they already know how to calculate it well
But all of we or all of the buyers of bitcoin used a trial and error because you wont perfect it if you didn't failed. But i think veterans tooks 1-2 years to master how to calculate trends. It takes time Sad

In the cryptocoin world it is not about calculating trends. It is about waiting until some big fish decides to pump one or another coin and jumping on the bandwagon (and off) at the right moment...

But if you just wait for the big fish to do that. You are not making any progress, how about if they do nothing? We are just sitting like that and didnt get any profit? I dont want it to be like that, if everytime we can get profit why we dont do that? Why we are just waiting for them to pump it? We can try it other way right?

What I said is not relevant to day trading or scalping (but this is not for newbies) where you are trying to catch small price movements (fluctuations) in the right direction and therefore don't care where the price will go tomorrow (i.e. you don't follow mid-to-long term trend). Furthermore, there are a lot of cryptocoins out there. Personally, I don't watch them closely, but surely one of them gets pumped right now (and others get dumped), since big fish also don't like doing nothing. In fact, trying it any other way (i.e. not following big fish) is a sure way to lose in the end (and not only in the cryptocoin world)...

The most recent example that I saw pumped and dumped (I even profited a little, just for fun) was the DarkNote coin. Also noteworthy is huge prolonged dumping of Dogecoin as of late
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 08, 2015, 08:42:50 AM

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:12:08 AM
For the newbie you always should be careful with your trading. No one knows when the trend ends. You may be left at the peak and not get out quickly. Don't invest too much at the beginning.
Observe first the trends and if you see that the trends is good. now you can invest your money any value you want.

Its not that simple. If youe really know the first trend, bitcoin is too volatile and you need to play it fast if not you will lose some profit. Like for example the trend is going up and you are buying and wait it till its highest then suddenly drop instantly and you still hope it will raise again. That will make you lose a lot from it
Yeah its not simple if you are beginner in cryptocurrency buy if you are veteran and you know what will happened to the trend for sure you wouldnt loss any bitcoin. In beginner you would have a trial and error so that you can predict when the trends going up or going down.

Do you trade intraday or on longer timeframes? I would like to know how often you trade and what chart time resolution you use. Because its really not seldom for me that i think the trend is clear but it breaks.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 08, 2015, 06:46:27 AM

In the cryptocoin world it is not about calculating trends. It is about waiting until some big fish decides to pump one or another coin and about jumping on the bandwagon (and off) at the right moment...

Activity: 495
Merit: 250
May 08, 2015, 06:04:27 AM
Simple strategy. Buy when the price is low and wait until your desired price comes. Then you know what to do. Sell it.
May 07, 2015, 08:15:48 PM

legendary
May 07, 2015, 02:33:25 PM

May 07, 2015, 12:30:25 PM

legendary
May 07, 2015, 08:04:14 AM

May 07, 2015, 07:25:30 AM
legendary
Activity: 950
Merit: 1000
May 07, 2015, 06:12:53 AM
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
May 07, 2015, 06:08:49 AM
May 06, 2015, 08:12:23 PM
Simple. When the price goes up sell you bitcoins. and when it goes down buy some bitcoins!  Grin

so simple to trading, just buy and sell. but not easy to get profit for your trading.
because we dont know about market or you know when the price up or down?
Thats right it just simple to say that "it is easy to trade buy low sell high" but in reality example you buy a cellphone that worth $120 and you want to sell it for $130 it is so hard to sell it with having a profit $10 . It so hard to do that.
Activity: 706
Merit: 500
https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout
May 06, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
lately i just trade against the majority, its too choppy to rely on TA IMO

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1007
May 06, 2015, 06:18:18 PM
Simple. When the price goes up sell you bitcoins. and when it goes down buy some bitcoins!  Grin

so simple to trading, just buy and sell. but not easy to get profit for your trading.
because we dont know about market or you know when the price up or down?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2015, 05:16:36 PM
My trading strategy would be buy when the value of bitcoin is less and buy in bulk watever possible from my end i would rather invest everything if the prices are down and be patient and when the prices goes high would sell part of bitcoins and keep rest of it with me and again would wait to for prices to go down.
Jump to: