Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your trading strategy? - page 76. (Read 304648 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
May 22, 2016, 03:50:12 AM
I do not have a real strategy to trade, I just sometimes take the risk to trade on the right moment.
The thing I mostly do is looking at the upcoming future and the price it has.

I also have the same thought, just sometimes trade when you want, I do not have a real plan but I just look at the prices and sometimes at the upcoming altcoins that are growing.
When you are trading without any proper plan, then you must hold your buying for some longer period. Otherwise, making profit consistently with your trading would be very much difficult. When you're holding for some period, then the bitcoin prices would be changing significantly. But holding your altcoins would be a riskier one.
Exactly. Anyone can trade bitcoin without any strategy or even without any experience also. Because, in long-term definitely bitcoin trading would be profitable. Just buy and watch your profits growing.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 21, 2016, 12:16:43 PM
Simple strategy will work like share trading, because you can hold it until you want, so no pressure you to sell, I am using averaging strategy, when the price drop, I will buy again, when the price up I sell some of them, then wait for the drop.  There is no matter which time you enter, only matter is you must have some good amount of money and trade with small percentage.

You can also try (if you haven't already) what is called Dollar-Cost Averaging. It is a variation of an averaging strategy where you purchase shares for a fixed amount of dollars on a regular basis (say, once a month) without looking at the price of the stock. Consequently, you end up buying more shares when they are cheap and fewer shares when they are dear (since you always spend the same amount in dollars). This way you average down the price of one share which will become lower and lower over time...

And eventually you can kiss goodbye to your hated day job and live off dividends, lol
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting
May 21, 2016, 11:40:36 AM
I do not have a real strategy to trade, I just sometimes take the risk to trade on the right moment.

I also have the same thought, just sometimes trade when you want, I do not have a real plan but I just look at the prices and sometimes at the upcoming altcoins that are growing.
When you are trading without any proper plan, then you must hold your buying for some longer period. Otherwise, making profit consistently with your trading would be very much difficult. When you're holding for some period, then the bitcoin prices would be changing significantly. But holding your altcoins would be a riskier one.

Every strategy always have a risk. The problem is which strategy are we gonna use to minimalize our risk and get good payment. Because if all of them sure got risk no matter it is high risk or low risk still you have a risk to loss your bitcoin.

trading strategy has a critical part in an investment.  It is where you find your investment growing or failing.  There are different strategies to consider especially in trading considering the  individuals involve could be a part of the risk that you are evading.  So for trading the best strategy is to have a guideline on how you trade and to whom?  There are post in this forum that indicates trading done successfully you can add this to your guideline plus your own way of successful patterns then you can have a successful trading with the strategy that you can easily apply.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
May 21, 2016, 02:40:21 AM
Simple strategy will work like share trading, because you can hold it until you want, so no pressure you to sell, I am using averaging strategy, when the price drop, I will buy again, when the price up I sell some of them, then wait for the drop.  There is no matter which time you enter, only matter is you must have some good amount of money and trade with small percentage.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
May 20, 2016, 10:19:22 PM

Every strategy always have a risk. The problem is which strategy are we gonna use to minimalize our risk and get good payment. Because if all of them sure got risk no matter it is high risk or low risk still you have a risk to loss your bitcoin.
legendary
May 20, 2016, 11:15:06 AM

As the saying goes, if you don't have a plan, plan to lose.  And it seems to be even more important how are you going to deal with pending losses versus what you are going to do with expanding profits...

Just sit and watch your account being wiped out is hardly a good idea
But I too believe, in long-term bitcoin would be profitable. So simply buying and holding our bitcoin would be profitable. For that we do not need any trading strategy.
If you are able to make profit either long-term or short-term, then there is no need of worrying about pending losses or for expanding your profits

What you refer to here should rather be called investing, not trading. There is nothing wrong with this, but traders are expected to earn by buying and selling, then rinse, repeat. Novice traders usually get married to their losing positions and turn from short-term traders into long-term investors...

Consequently, closing a losing position early allows to keep on trading without getting stuck in "investing"
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
May 20, 2016, 09:11:43 AM

As the saying goes, if you don't have a plan, plan to lose.  And it seems to be even more important how are you going to deal with pending losses versus what you are going to do with expanding profits...

Just sit and watch your account being wiped out is hardly a good idea
But I too believe, in long-term bitcoin would be profitable. So simply buying and holding our bitcoin would be profitable. For that we do not need any trading strategy.
If you are able to make profit either long-term or short-term, then there is no need of worrying about pending losses or for expanding your profits.
legendary
May 20, 2016, 07:19:09 AM

As the saying goes, if you don't have a plan, plan to lose.  And it seems to be even more important how are you going to deal with pending losses versus what you are going to do with expanding profits...

Just sit and watch your account being wiped away is hardly a good idea
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
May 20, 2016, 03:56:13 AM

Keep in mind, its still a gamble.

Youre hoping to see one of the trades go in your favor using whatever trade setup you have.

So call it what you want, but if a person doesnt have any recourse on making that money back they shouldnt trade at all.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
May 20, 2016, 03:43:55 AM

Activity: 616
May 19, 2016, 08:22:34 PM

legendary
May 19, 2016, 03:09:04 PM
Simple strategy is patiently and closely monitoring the flow of the btc rate keeping updated on it.  comparing the value of the purchased btc on its specific date of purchase with the current value if it is profitable to sell.
So you consider only buying and selling of btc as Trading? I think altcoins have a better chance of making you rich , dont you agree? some coins can make you so rich if you buy some and leave it for some days . i have never traded btc , do you think should i give it a try ?

I don't know how something riskier can have a better chance of making you rich. I always thought that more risk means a higher chance of losing all...

How can it possibly be exactly the other way round?
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
May 19, 2016, 02:27:59 PM
Simple strategy is patiently and closely monitoring the flow of the btc rate keeping updated on it.  comparing the value of the purchased btc on its specific date of purchase with the current value if it is profitable to sell.
So you consider only buying and selling of btc as Trading? I think altcoins have a better chance of making you rich , dont you agree? some coins can make you so rich if you buy some and leave it for some days . i have never traded btc , do you think should i give it a try ?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
May 19, 2016, 02:16:30 PM
My strategy is simple, buy when the price goes down and sell when the price goes up. I do a 50/50 split keep fiat on an exchange incase price moves to levarage against bitcoin dropping. The bitcoin I have on localbtc

A good strategy)
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting
May 18, 2016, 08:50:56 PM
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
May 18, 2016, 06:43:10 PM
legendary
May 18, 2016, 03:28:02 PM
Yeah, that is probably true for stable values like world currencies or gold, oil and such. Though it would mean a really long term investment which most people that speak about trading here will never consider. At least for daytrading it is deadly... it broke my neck last time I tried my next run of learning how to trade. Cheesy

Of course I traded with leverage because I only wanted to risk $20 in total for that run. It's still way way better than risking more until I can be very very sure that I have a proper advantage and loss management.

I came to the conclusion that without insider knowledge and arbitrage opportunities the only viable option for trading is trading, well, options. It requires deep understanding how they work, but once you get the hang of it, you can fluently control your risk exposure without any particular knowledge about and insight into the underlying asset...

Day trading is heavy on one's psychic

Activity: 602
May 18, 2016, 02:29:16 PM
For me,the best trading strategy is patience,keep watch the price movement,have good knowledge about what you trade,and something like good funds for trade,its all depend you to brave take a risk for bigger profit with bigger funds.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Bravity is beautiful.
May 17, 2016, 03:38:48 AM
I really don't get you guys. Cheesy

They most likely mean that closing a losing position is not an option, i.e. you should always wait it over till price reverts

No, I have read that too often now. It's publicized like it would be a strategy of some kind. While it should be nothing worth to mention because it's the basic of what one does while trading. If one does not do this then he does not trade for profit.

The waiting strategy... I heard of it but it sounds highly risky to me. Deadly with leverage for sure too.
If you want to have a good trading strategy than you have to know what you must make some profit with it and that would be nice for you.
But it would be risky also if the price is not rising so you cant make also that much profit.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
May 15, 2016, 06:10:43 PM
My strategy to buy when prices fall and selling when prices rise .
it is not a strategy. it is an exact science to make trades. you must do it. strategy is how you are to take profits here. trading is easy if you have a large capital.

I say its a strategy depending on the approach thats given.

It may not be bitcoin, but it can be certainly go for the approach for alt coins then translate back to bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: