Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your trading strategy? - page 78. (Read 304648 times)

Activity: 363
Merit: 250
May 12, 2016, 10:00:10 AM
When i see a big bloody red bar, i usually buy. Because that big red bar is usually followed by big green one. The opposite is also very doable. When i see a good pump, it is usually followed by a nice dump.
Yes, but in some cases the price keeps dropping after a red candle and another red candle.

It doesn't always work in your favor unless you have enough funds to buy till the bottom of that day.
The best trading strategy that you can have is that you have to know that you must make some profit with it otherwise it will be bad and also sin for you with trading.
You have to be almost for sure that you can earn money with it and that is perfect but that is also risky of course.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 12, 2016, 07:16:21 AM
Many people will say: "Buy low, sell high" and this is so true!
In my case the only way to do that is to watch the MACD and the volume.
It is very easy to lose the profit in beeing too greedy. +0.2% is better than -1.00%

It means that you should add stop-losses lower than that, i.e. +0.2% for a take-profit, then -0.1% for a stop-loss. Otherwise, you'll be losing big and winning small

It's also nice to temper your greed while also managing your fear. Never be too emotional when you see wild swings here and there. Setting stop-losses is a good way to preserve capital, which you can then move to other altcoin with potential.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 12, 2016, 06:06:45 AM
It is very easy to lose the profit in beeing too greedy. +0.2% is better than -1.00%

It means that you should add stop-losses lower than that, i.e. +0.2% for a take-profit, then -0.1% for a stop-loss. Otherwise, you'll be losing big and winning small
Activity: 675
Merit: 254
So far so good
May 12, 2016, 06:01:19 AM
It is very easy to lose the profit in beeing too greedy. +0.2% is better than -1.00%.
legendary
May 12, 2016, 05:34:31 AM
When i see a big bloody red bar, i usually buy. Because that big red bar is usually followed by big green one. The opposite is also very doable. When i see a good pump, it is usually followed by a nice dump.
Yes, but in some cases the price keeps dropping after a red candle and another red candle.

It doesn't always work in your favor unless you have enough funds to buy till the bottom of that day.

Adding up to a losing position is never a good idea. Even if do get away with that this time (or however many times before), you acquire a false feeling of being always right (bordering on perkiness and recklessness), and one day your account gets wiped away (if you are trading on margin) or you are stuck with garbage, be it some shitty altcoin or stock of a failed company. It may take years, but the end is always the same...

Most learn this rule the hard way, though
Activity: 294
May 12, 2016, 05:25:53 AM
Buy low, sell high. Only bet on guaranteed bets. Only trade on legit sites.

There used to be a really big arbitrage opportunity with BTC-e prices really off compared to other exchanges. Now there is no more loophole like that. Regularly, at least Cry
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014
May 12, 2016, 05:24:00 AM
I usually trade altcoin, and my strategies start when I see the new coin in [ANN] that will enter exchangers, and then when I'm ready to buy the coin I try to get the lowest possible price and wait until the price is really high, or invest buying coin-based ICO.

a good strategy, I also do the same. but when investing coin-based ICO we must be careful, because not a few of them do scammer.
but if it is not a scam, we will gain high profits, I can usually get 2-fold profit of initial capital investment.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
May 12, 2016, 05:21:38 AM

Activity: 700
May 12, 2016, 05:06:28 AM
I usually trade altcoin, and my strategies start when I see the new coin in [ANN] that will enter exchangers, and then when I'm ready to buy the coin I try to get the lowest possible price and wait until the price is really high, or invest buying coin-based ICO.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
May 11, 2016, 03:51:53 PM
legendary
May 11, 2016, 03:43:00 PM
I mostly put in orders for a lot of small sells for spikes in price.  Then I put in orders to buy on the dips.  This helps me avoid impulse buying and selling.

This strategy is called averaging up and down. If you correctly determine the price range, this strategy would work just fine. If you fail, you will either suffer losses when the price falls below the lower limit of the price range or lose profits when the price breaks through its upper limit...

So it all depends on how good you are at finding the right price range
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
May 11, 2016, 01:31:35 PM
I mostly put in orders for a lot of small sells for spikes in price.  Then I put in orders to buy on the dips.  This helps me avoid impulse buying and selling.

What do you make on a crash? Being bankrupt? I think alot of traders already had this idea and... well it does not work out at the end. It might work some time but it only needs one time to break everything.
Activity: 378
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 11, 2016, 12:49:28 PM
Activity: 350
May 11, 2016, 11:19:52 AM
My strategy is to hold bitcoin and do not trade them until the fluctuations increase, although it may seem risky strategy.

It doesn't look to be risky. Buying and holding for certain time period is a good option to get a high profit. Fluctuations always give profit when these fluctuations turn as a gradual rise.

trading strategy would be try not to lose your coins before pump! Just hold and wait.
The best trading strategy that you can have is that you have to buy low as possible so the chance to make profit will be also much higher for you and that is perfect.
And you must also make money with it and dont lose money with it otherwise that will be sin for you.
Activity: 658
May 11, 2016, 08:16:21 AM
Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

i usually buy bit bitcoin when their price is small and i wait for even a tiny price rise and then i sell my bitcoins, i do this with every currency and when i think that price is good, i buy/sell them

and if i see that when i bought price started to fall, i don't panic and i don't sell them,  i just keep coins in my wallet and wait for price rise, so this is my trading strategy
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting
May 11, 2016, 01:07:37 AM
Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

other than buying at a low price and selling at its highest peak you have to make sure that when you buy btc its from a trusted and legit trader otherwise whose gonna release first?  if its a trusted trader you can pay the amount and the trader will send your btc.  one way of it is opposite you send the payment or the btc and after confirmation its only when they send the payment or btc.  in this business you have to know the trusted ones and the legitimate traders from the scammers.  Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
Activity: 336
April 20, 2016, 10:31:07 AM
The best strategy is that you have to make some profit with it and than you have to be also for sure that you can earn some profit with it otherwise than it can be wasted money.
The only thing is that you never will know it from before what is going to happen with the value.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 20, 2016, 08:02:26 AM
i dont have trading strategy,its why last week i loss when trade etherum Sad maybe i lost the point that when i'm try to trade altcoins i must looking for information about the price,but last week i didn't do that.
if you do not have a strategy, at least you have a chat group or some friends who have the expertise to analyze and you can follow their trading. I also usually do this, when I am confused in choosing coins.
To have a good strategy you must be patience otherwise you are going to lose money fast and that is bad, so you need first not to make any profit.
And just build it up later so you can also make more money later in the future when you have more skill.

I would definitely do the same which is buy bitcoin when the price is very low and cheap then after wait for the desired amount or high value of bitcoin then you will be able to sell for your preferred amount. This is for me a good strategy
Activity: 271
April 20, 2016, 05:21:31 AM
i dont have trading strategy,its why last week i loss when trade etherum Sad maybe i lost the point that when i'm try to trade altcoins i must looking for information about the price,but last week i didn't do that.
if you do not have a strategy, at least you have a chat group or some friends who have the expertise to analyze and you can follow their trading. I also usually do this, when I am confused in choosing coins.
To have a good strategy you must be patience otherwise you are going to lose money fast and that is bad, so you need first not to make any profit.
And just build it up later so you can also make more money later in the future when you have more skill.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
April 19, 2016, 11:44:39 PM

a friend is a lot different with a chat group or in other words pump and dump groups. it is a terrible idea to join any of these pumping groups because they are all scammers and their only purpose is to find some gullible people to fool into buying their sell orders.
Pages:
Jump to: