Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your trading strategy? - page 80. (Read 304648 times)

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 14, 2016, 11:03:14 PM
My strategy is to hold bitcoin and do not trade them until the fluctuations increase, although it may seem risky strategy.

That's good, it doesn't look to be risky as entire bitcoins were in your wallet. It becomes risky when long time fluctuations lead to decrease in price rather than a increase. So you need to sell upon keen observation of price.
Activity: 145
Merit: 112
To the moon!
April 14, 2016, 07:29:50 PM
keep jumping 1 satoshi above max bid order and 1 satoshi below min ask order every 5 ms through the API.

All strategies are the same.  You buy low, sell high.  It is tough to actually do this though because you are trying to predict the future.  Predicting the future is about as good as gambling though.

Its the same, but most wont be able to execute what they want to see lol.

The whole buy low and sell high is sort of a dream in my view, since the reaction to execute the trade. Then actually seeing it back with whatever fees etc, back to your btc balance is hard in my view.

Agreed. I always end up with unmet bids/asks once the price goes out of range and then they just sit there reserving the funds or get cancelled.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
April 14, 2016, 07:27:46 PM
keep jumping 1 satoshi above max bid order and 1 satoshi below min ask order every 5 ms through the API.

All strategies are the same.  You buy low, sell high.  It is tough to actually do this though because you are trying to predict the future.  Predicting the future is about as good as gambling though.

Its the same, but most wont be able to execute what they want to see lol.

The whole buy low and sell high is sort of a dream in my view, since the reaction to execute the trade. Then actually seeing it back with whatever fees etc, back to your btc balance is hard in my view.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 14, 2016, 03:00:29 PM
My strategy is to hold bitcoin and do not trade them until the fluctuations increase, although it may seem risky strategy.
Activity: 406
April 14, 2016, 01:33:02 PM
Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

my strategy is pretty simple, based on halving, i bought as many bitcoins as i could now because their price started to rise now, so likei said, bought as many as i can to sell later for more

after halving price will be very huge so if we will sell then, we should get lots of profit, so that is my plan/strategy
To the moon!
April 14, 2016, 07:47:14 AM

It should collect the next order on either buy or sell and it will close the spread. I have a sample one here: https://github.com/AdamCox9/nickelbot/blob/master/bots/light_show.php
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 14, 2016, 07:44:26 AM

To the moon!
April 14, 2016, 07:38:53 AM
April 14, 2016, 07:36:58 AM
I trade with several alt coins now, I don't have strategy for that, I'm still in some learning faze. There is a lot of coins out there, for me its interesting to buy and sell in moments I feel like I'm somewhere on wall street. Of course I trade with small amounts, I don't have knowledge for bigger investments. In this case even if I lose something I don't feel bad about it or nervous.
For now basically I see price changes and volumes in last couple weeks, then I come here check some comments about specific coin and then I buy it if I think price will rise.

Before buying your coins decide how much profit or loss you can take from that trade. Which ever you reach first sell it, do not think any other things.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
April 13, 2016, 02:42:46 PM
I trade with several alt coins now, I don't have strategy for that, I'm still in some learning faze. There is a lot of coins out there, for me its interesting to buy and sell in moments I feel like I'm somewhere on wall street. Of course I trade with small amounts, I don't have knowledge for bigger investments. In this case even if I lose something I don't feel bad about it or nervous.
For now basically I see price changes and volumes in last couple weeks, then I come here check some comments about specific coin and then I buy it if I think price will rise.
April 13, 2016, 02:32:55 PM
Buying low and selling high. Never forget to have patience when buying.
And don't trade with big amounts and don't try to make big profits in one buy-sell cycle.
Be satisfied with small amounts and small profits.

sell my bitcoin when the price is in high and I use to buy whenever the price is low. But when selling and buying I use to find a right traders.
Activity: 924
April 13, 2016, 11:09:00 AM
Buying low and selling high. Never forget to have patience when buying.
And don't trade with big amounts and don't try to make big profits in one buy-sell cycle.
Be satisfied with small amounts and small profits.
Activity: 364
April 13, 2016, 09:51:40 AM
My strategy is that you must dont make some profit in the beginning because you have to learn and see what other people wants so that is important for trading.
If you are doing good than you can make more profit later if there are a lot of people is still using Bitcoin and if the value is not that high now.
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
April 13, 2016, 07:01:50 AM
I want to share to everyone my trading strategy is very simple all u need is do some research about this coin. Buy low and sell high. Look the previous price of the coin. And patience is virtue.

Correct, you just need to remember that the price of BTC always repeats itself, if it went down, it will go up for sure and and if it went up, you already know that dumps do happen... Wink
So yeah, patience is all you need in order to succeed in trading BTC...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
April 13, 2016, 03:33:32 AM
I want to share to everyone my trading strategy is very simple all u need is do some research about this coin. Buy low and sell high. Look the previous price of the coin. And patience is virtue.
Doing good research about Bitcoin before you invest your money into it can work out pretty well.

But when it comes to doing research about altcoins, then you can do as much research as you want, but you still need a lot luck to see the coin you look to invest in get pumped. That's why I see investing in altcoins quite the same as gambling.
April 13, 2016, 03:20:13 AM
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
April 12, 2016, 02:32:21 PM
Best trading strategy is to first study as much as you can about the coin which you are going to buy. Do not buy in hurry, or in comment of any spammer around here. Otherwise you are only gonna have losses like me... Have lost more than 0.30 BTC in last 30 days in trading... Roll Eyes
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
April 12, 2016, 02:26:19 PM
The best thing that you can do is just that you must make in the beginning make some small profit and not that much otherwise nobody wants it and you have to learn in the beginning.
And later you can also sell it with a higher profit so you will have more money.

The best strategy is to research about the coin that you want to invest in. and join groups that are traders and maybe they are preparing any pump and dumps and you can loose or win. Most of the time you can check yourself and see the difference when users are most online and when there are more trades.
Activity: 252
April 11, 2016, 10:37:16 AM
don't trade for a year!

well actually this is pretty good strategy because holding bitcoins for year might bring lots of profit, it's not a trading, but profitable thing to do anyway

and my strategy with trading is for example if  i buy bitcoins at 400% price, i will sell them only when it will rise by 20%, so i will sell them at 480$, and i won't ever sell them at smaller price, this was is slow but it gives you profit

Activity: 271
April 11, 2016, 10:10:34 AM
The best thing that you can do is just that you must make in the beginning make some small profit and not that much otherwise nobody wants it and you have to learn in the beginning.
And later you can also sell it with a higher profit so you will have more money.
Pages:
Jump to: