Pages:
Author

Topic: What percentage of people on Earth will own Bitcoin by 2020 - page 22. (Read 46516 times)

Activity: 375
Merit: 250
And what percentage of people are now aware of Bitcoin? Surely no more than 1. Therefore, four years later, this percentage may increase by 2-3 times, not more than

That could be right. The rate of increase could be around 20 to 50% per year. So in 4 years, could be just 1%.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
And what percentage of people are now aware of Bitcoin? Surely no more than 1. Therefore, four years later, this percentage may increase by 2-3 times, not more than
Activity: 342
Merit: 10
It is actually not possible to predict anything at all because of the fact that we don't know right now if how much percentage of the world is owning or using bitcoins.
But still as an estimate i have selected 20-30 percent because i feel that the growing users database would probably make it reach that extent by then.

Yes well said, no one can predict the accurate figures. I am surprised with your prediction of 20% to 30% people will be using bitcoin by 2020. I am not saying that it’s impossible but to reach such milestone, we as a bitcoin users community should give our best to build awareness about crypto currency technology and bring more and more people on the board to use bitcoin. Government policies will play a huge impact of the growth of bitcoin users in both positive and negative sense.
Not even close, we are just less than 5% of the total population of the world although the adoption rate is increasing, we are not as many as you think guys so some people should stop fantasizing that we will be replacing dollars soon or bitcoin will become the mainstream currency.

Exactly, I never said bitcoin will replace dollar but it will emerge as a good payment alternative for fiat currencies but a support from major players such as amazon, paypal etc. Yes bitcoin adoption rate is increasing but it should increase constantly in order to enter as a leading player in world fund transfer industry.

Donald Trump is going to cut taxes in US, that means he has to borrow a lot. So the Dollar value will reduce. People will seek bitcoin.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
I can't either say that it would be a less than or more 50% of the world's total population. I think that it would really depend on the government if the government will support blockchain technology then it would probably get to more than 50%
Well, you wish for that but it will never happen, the government does want for us to adopt with their rules but we know bitcoin has it's own feature and we are transaction in a decentralize platform, government wants to take over and want to make it a centralized one. do we allow that?

How pretty sure are you that it would never happen? you can't really say that it would not happen. The bitcoin feature is just to strong and even the government can't control so that's the real impossible one. First thing is that it is hard to trace up bitcoin transcation and then persons being involved so centralization is far from reality from now.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
It is actually not possible to predict anything at all because of the fact that we don't know right now if how much percentage of the world is owning or using bitcoins.
But still as an estimate i have selected 20-30 percent because i feel that the growing users database would probably make it reach that extent by then.

Yes well said, no one can predict the accurate figures. I am surprised with your prediction of 20% to 30% people will be using bitcoin by 2020. I am not saying that it’s impossible but to reach such milestone, we as a bitcoin users community should give our best to build awareness about crypto currency technology and bring more and more people on the board to use bitcoin. Government policies will play a huge impact of the growth of bitcoin users in both positive and negative sense.
Not even close, we are just less than 5% of the total population of the world although the adoption rate is increasing, we are not as many as you think guys so some people should stop fantasizing that we will be replacing dollars soon or bitcoin will become the mainstream currency.

Exactly, I never said bitcoin will replace dollar but it will emerge as a good payment alternative for fiat currencies but a support from major players such as amazon, paypal etc. Yes bitcoin adoption rate is increasing but it should increase constantly in order to enter as a leading player in world fund transfer industry.
Activity: 952
I can't either say that it would be a less than or more 50% of the world's total population. I think that it would really depend on the government if the government will support blockchain technology then it would probably get to more than 50%
Well, you wish for that but it will never happen, the government does want for us to adopt with their rules but we know bitcoin has it's own feature and we are transaction in a decentralize platform, government wants to take over and want to make it a centralized one. do we allow that?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BULL RUN until 2030

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
2% of the total world population = 148000000
I think somewhere around 0-2%.

60% of the world does not have internet access as of 2016, let alone cryptocurrencies.

So, I guess the total number of Bitcoin users will be somewhere between 0 and 148000000 Smiley
I guess they should even be more than 2% because of the incessant popularity and acceptance of bitcoin adoption that too happening very rapidly, the number of people using bitcoin should be reaching like 5% of the total world population which is over 200 million people by 2020.

If there are more than 10 million people using the regularly, that is already good achievement for the bitcoin.

It's possible it can reach that or it has already reached that number. In some countries bitcoin is already accepted in businesses and other transactions so it would be safe to say that it can very well exceed 10million users
Activity: 342

60% of the world does not have internet access as of 2016, let alone cryptocurrencies.

So, I guess the total number of Bitcoin users will be somewhere between 0 and 148000000 Smiley
I guess they should even be more than 2% because of the incessant popularity and acceptance of bitcoin adoption that too happening very rapidly, the number of people using bitcoin should be reaching like 5% of the total world population which is over 200 million people by 2020.

If there are more than 10 million people using the regularly, that is already good achievement for the bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

Activity: 756
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
2020 will come in 4 years later, it suppose to be  5-10% population of the world are using bitcoin. That's big numbers for people adopt bitcoin seeing it growth every month and more people invest in it. Well, it just speculation, we can't sure of it because to many variables that could affect bitcoin. Population of the world now around 7,5 billion >> 5-10% means 375-750 million people, it's about all of people in Europe using bitcoin. I think it not impossible since the most population in China and also the biggest transaction of bitcoin there.

That's overly optimistic. Bitcoin won't grow that fast, because the infrastructure is not yet ready to support this. Another huge problem is the lack an easy way to buy the currency. Maybe I'm overly pessimistic but I would consider anything around 1% a huge success. However in case we enter a fiat currency crisis with huge inflation for USD / EUR, Bitcoin adoption might occur much faster.

Still, Bitcoin adoption in the emerging markets remains a big question. My estimation could be entirely wrong if India and China see increased adoption, because these two countries alone have 2.5 Billion people. Out of the two, I would consider India a first mover, because they have a less oppressive form of government that is also encouraging technological growth.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 1036
Merit: 514
2020 will come in 4 years later, it suppose to be  5-10% population of the world are using bitcoin. That's big numbers for people adopt bitcoin seeing it growth every month and more people invest in it. Well, it just speculation, we can't sure of it because to many variables that could affect bitcoin. Population of the world now around 7,5 billion >> 5-10% means 375-750 million people, it's about all of people in Europe using bitcoin. I think it not impossible since the most population in China and also the biggest transaction of bitcoin there.
First of all, there is still no data that accurately gives the number of actual bitcoin users, hence it would be hard to come up even with a modest projection if there's no base number. But I guess bitcoin has still a long way to go in terms of number of users because it is clear that bitcoin is not anywhere near the realm of consciousness of the masses. It would be a welcome surprise if bitcoin becomes a common digital currency a few years from now that serves even a fraction of the world's population.
Yup there are no accurate data that can give us the full number of people who really using now in the world and its really hard to us to compute how much them now are using and then not using not just because of bitcoin wallet we can determine them how about those people who uses multi bitcoin address right? but in the near future why not and count the real population of bitcoin users.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
First of all, there is still no data that accurately gives the number of actual bitcoin users, hence it would be hard to come up even with a modest projection if there's no base number. But I guess bitcoin has still a long way to go in terms of number of users because it is clear that bitcoin is not anywhere near the realm of consciousness of the masses. It would be a welcome surprise if bitcoin becomes a common digital currency a few years from now that serves even a fraction of the world's population.
You're right, 14 years i think is too a short a time for people to get used to something they're not accustomed to. Highly possible though that bitcoin would have a considerable increase in awareness then. People will know more about bitcoin but the use is not  going to be that much yet
Activity: 714
Activity: 84
By 2020, I think it bitcoin users all over the world would not even reach 6% of the world's population. At the current rate of new sign ups and new people introduced to bitcoin everyday, only 2-5% of the world's population will use bitcoin by that time since there aren't that much ads that promotes bitcoin on television. It is also possible to go higher than that though depending on everyone's interest on bitcoin.
Good projection, at least we have to increase so the price will also soar, although we cannot really determine the total number of users but we can feel it, and what I feel now is that we are increasing constantly and that is a good sign for success.

You're right, it's all guesswork, but even if 1% of the global population will be using bitcoin by 2020, that would be a massive achievement and it's price is destined to grow if not soar in that case. Anyway, we'll see what happens as such impressive growth won't happen overnight anyway.
20-30 percent of people who already knew about bitcoin in that year if the bitcoin still alive and still kicking ass i trust bitcoin and hoping in the next generation bitcoin will more than we are expecting and let our child use this bitcoin too and teaching them what to do so in this bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: