Pages:
Author

Topic: what profit do you need to close the long position? - page 2. (Read 2113 times)

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
I dont target for more than 25%. If I get that much then it is good for me. Most of the time I reach 10-20% in longs and shorts but its not every time. There are losses too so be aware of the market and trade safely.
Earning those kind of profits consistently is very difficult but if you can do it then even if you are only able to select a winning trade about half of the time you will still have substantial profits if you set a stop loss that goes accordingly to the volatility of the market, people concentrate too much in trying to win a trade and while there is nothing wrong with that the most important part is how much you lose per trade, it doesn't matter if you earn 25% for each winning trade if you lose 30%, after just a few trades you will face bankruptcy.

So it is better to aim for lower profits if that means that your losses are lower as well, but as you may know there are many ways of trading the market and as long as you're making money then you are doing it right.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
If you are a long-term holder, what profit do you need to close the position?
For example, I need a minimum of + 400%

there is no profit target in the world of trade, because we expect a lot of profit but what we get is usually the opposite, so if the value of the coin we buy has gone up even though it will be a little better if we sell it and of course we have gotten good enough, don't be too greedy in seeking profit ... because cryptocyrrency prices are very unstable, don't wait for prices to rise too high ,,
I think cryptocurrency investment should be for long term because in short term it will not give you any profit. The only way to get profit in short term is trading but we all know that trading is not easy. It needs experience, knowledge and skills to trade on daily basis. Anyway I want big profit against my investment because I have invested in crypto for making huge money from it.
I just close my trades with whatever profit I got as the marketvolatity  is raising too high and it can be utilized asassets to help my life future.
Activity: 980
Merit: 261

there is no profit target in the world of trade, because we expect a lot of profit but what we get is usually the opposite, so if the value of the coin we buy has gone up even though it will be a little better if we sell it and of course we have gotten good enough, don't be too greedy in seeking profit ... because cryptocyrrency prices are very unstable, don't wait for prices to rise too high ,,
I think cryptocurrency investment should be for long term because in short term it will not give you any profit. The only way to get profit in short term is trading but we all know that trading is not easy. It needs experience, knowledge and skills to trade on daily basis. Anyway I want big profit against my investment because I have invested in crypto for making huge money from it.
People greedy nature needs to make enormous benefits, we must be thankful for the advantages we get, get a 10% benefit this fact that I know this year is an awful year in term of bitcoin price.

since holding is the topic here 10% is too low for a long term benefits,10% is very easy to reach if the market moves specially when the bull arrives for me as long as the market is not yet stable I will continue to hold coins specially bitcoins, but it is not clear yet if the price will boom this year. Since we are doing a holding it is better to keep it 6 to a year frame from today's market.
Activity: 70

People greedy nature needs to make enormous benefits, we must be thankful for the advantages we get, get a 10% benefit this fact that I know this year is an awful year in term of bitcoin price.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
I don't have a goal to achieve a certain profit. I just buy and sell in different cycles of growth and fall, sometimes doing a rebalancing. Sometimes for me + 20% is joy, and sometimes I'm worried because of + 100% when I close the position early.
Personally, all I do is to monitor the trend.
I am simply a swing trader and I take advantage of trend changing which happens a lot and always the best way to go when you do not have much time trying to scalp the market.

Closing long position certainly depends on my strategy as I do not always close it once, and I do that gradually, which is why I believe that as long as you have your plan and strategy and you are able to follow it through, it should always be an easy decision to make, most especially going totally out when a trend is changing.
Activity: 422
Merit: 9
It is depend on market condition. But 400% is really big profits. I usually like to get minimum 150-180% on long-term trading. Cause I don't like to be greedy small profits is better for me.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
It all depends on the target of each person because everyone must have their own profit target. The most important, amount to close a position is greater than the amount when starting. Whether it's 50%, 100%, or even 500% depends on each person and the most important thing is to make a profit. The profit targets that I set must be different every time I trade sometimes 20% or even 45% depending on current market conditions . I have never set a profit to close a position in the amount of 80% and above because it is very large in my opinion.

Dependencies on what coins you want to hold

does it worth it?

FA's comes unto this, I usually check history,status and successes

The deepest and the highest gain of certain decent coin

If Im certain that the coin would go back to its moon price, 400% is attainable

Of course this is far different from a short term trades I am taking

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
That's quite a big profit that you expect there and for me my target is based on the timeframe of the investment, usually i expect a 50-80% profit in less than a year time frame but for the long term one i don't set any target as i will sell it if i don't want to hold it any longer or i find that the coin can't grow anymore or i find a better investment somewhere else.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
i normally do not keep much hope in amount gained for one year i expect around 50%.of im happy i will start to sell at small quantities to get price average.
I also hope the same. 50% is enough, I think if my investment gives me 30% profit I will sell some of my holding to get this profit. The price of bitcoin is not increasing and it is worrying thing because all the investors want profit against their investment, but due to volatility in the price many of the investors lost their money and many convert their money to Altcoin.

These are the major mistakes happening in the market because we cannot control our emotions when the market is kept going down. If we don't have control it is impossible to make money, you will make a profit only when you have patience towards the market fluctuations.
Control is not just only the thing, knowledge is one thing that is always required to make any good market decisions and the reason why a lot of people cannot control their greed is because they do not have a strategy and simply do not know what they should always do at certain points in time.

Ask some traders today, they will tell you they do not use stop losses in their trade, but in that case, what do you expect from such a person if the market keeps going down, or when it has attained a height in which there could be a possible reversal. The level of profit we need to book should be decided my the strategy we do follow bur definitely not by the wish we do make time to time. If we decide on our own wish then greed will come into play to collapse everything.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
I don't have a goal to achieve a certain profit. I just buy and sell in different cycles of growth and fall, sometimes doing a rebalancing. Sometimes for me + 20% is joy, and sometimes I'm worried because of + 100% when I close the position early.
Activity: 700
Merit: 12
i normally do not keep much hope in amount gained for one year i expect around 50%.of im happy i will start to sell at small quantities to get price average.
I also hope the same. 50% is enough, I think if my investment gives me 30% profit I will sell some of my holding to get this profit. The price of bitcoin is not increasing and it is worrying thing because all the investors want profit against their investment, but due to volatility in the price many of the investors lost their money and many convert their money to Altcoin.

These are the major mistakes happening in the market because we cannot control our emotions when the market is kept going down. If we don't have control it is impossible to make money, you will make a profit only when you have patience towards the market fluctuations.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
I dont target for more than 25%. If I get that much then it is good for me. Most of the time I reach 10-20% in longs and shorts but its not every time. There are losses too so be aware of the market and trade safely.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
It all depends on the target of each person because everyone must have their own profit target. The most important, amount to close a position is greater than the amount when starting. Whether it's 50%, 100%, or even 500% depends on each person and the most important thing is to make a profit. The profit targets that I set must be different every time I trade sometimes 20% or even 45% depending on current market conditions . I have never set a profit to close a position in the amount of 80% and above because it is very large in my opinion.
Activity: 279
Merit: 100
Profits up by 400% are a big number and few people will make such a profit except December last year. Some Altcoins with stable prices only increased by 20% to 50%.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
For current situation of market  is hard to make big profit because not any new money come in to the  market  so to get profit in consistently we should be take profit betweem 10% to 30% pertrade and stop loss 6%. Since there no any big good news, the crypto will move just like now. But when any big news we can make target profit minimum 30% pertrade and maximum 1000%.
In my opinion the numbers that you are giving are too high, making 10% to 30% per trade is going to be almost impossible in a market that is going down so fast and the worst part is if you really try to get those kind of profits then that means that you will need to invest almost all your capital in a single trade and if that is the case then it's likely that a few losses of 6% are going to destroy your bankroll, after all there are more chances that you fail at trading right now because the market is in a very unstable state.

So you may ask yourself, what to do now? And the answer to this is obvious to me, you need to lower your expectations about what you are going to get out of each trade, if you do that then you will keep getting profits in this market but if you don't then most likely you're going to lose your money.
Activity: 126
Having a new profit can feed us for a long time, but if we find that the market will soon recover, so do not be too anxious, be patient, because patience is the key to success.
Activity: 86
Merit: 2
Activity: 75

Activity: 294
Merit: 1
You have your profit limit as when it reaches that limit, you can close your long positions. No one can advice you as to know when to close your positions. You are the one that would be able to close your positions when the profit is satisfactory
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
yes you are right I agree with you at least I have to need + 350% I already have enough and I have to be able to take advantage of cryptocurrency price movements as best as possible to get profit.

What makes you think that this is right. I dont agree upon this heavy loads of profits. They are impossible to achieve as long as there is no overhyping of the crypto currencies like that happened back in December 2017. This is not possible for many reason, because what you expecting is more than 100% and its even impossible in the crypto that they will give us quick 100% ROI's. You have to wait for the right opportunity and right time to buy and sell to cut through those profits. Even holding will take tough time grabbing those profits as long as they dont get overhyped mate.
Pages:
Jump to: