Pages:
Author

Topic: what profit do you need to close the long position? - page 6. (Read 2113 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251
If you are a long-term holder, what profit do you need to close the position?
For example, I need a minimum of + 400%
Honestly, I don’t have exact amount of goal in long term. Obviously everyone aims to earn substantial profits but it’s not like that I would say I want to earn 400% and then I will sell my investment even there is probability to earn more. You may call this greed, but I think this entirely depends on the market conditions which vary continuously. If I suspect any danger, I would definitely sell them even before reaching my goal.

When you're in panic that will going to happen you could sell at wrong time. If you prefer to choose long position you should have firm decision with their assets to take longer trades. And upon survival on that situation the reward is really profitable. You won't regret by the time you'll sell a good price in the exchanges that you ever wanted to trade with. It would be more valuable and meaningful trading if you surpassed the challenges in trading specially, when you've controlled yourself over panic situations.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Interesting this is x4, is it worth long-term? What is personally for you long-term? A year, or may be 5 years, we should concretize time period. Personally I prefer buy-sell strategy in ICO niche. This is working pretty nice for me, I'm searching interesting project, then participate in them get my $$$ and move forward. Here is food for thought Very promising upcoming project  Wink Wink Good luck!
Activity: 728
Merit: 275
Honestly, I don’t have exact amount of goal in long term. Obviously everyone aims to earn substantial profits but it’s not like that I would say I want to earn 400% and then I will sell my investment even there is probability to earn more. You may call this greed, but I think this entirely depends on the market conditions which vary continuously. If I suspect any danger, I would definitely sell them even before reaching my goal.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
400% is not easy, and you need to be a professional trader so if you want to start, stop asking such questions.
There are several ways to achieve this:

Luck: If you're lucky the price of some coins may increase by more than 400% without your intervention. "I do not think this is possible with Bitcoin, but it may happen with Ether."
 Bump/dump shitcoins: The risk seems high but perhaps this way to achieve such gains, follow the news and know what expected currency rise and then invested in a short period and so on. ex adToken earn 293.68% last 24 hour source ---> https://coinmarketcap.com/gainers-losers/
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
It all depends on what altcoyins I sell or keep. The coins that I received from the company of generosity, I will sell if they show at least the X10. The coins into which I have invested my money will be held to the pampas, and then sold in accordance with my trading strategy. I expect to receive at least 500%.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
Usually I am completely relying on my emotions if I will see you that really profit is significant I am going to close that, I'm not counting the percentage of that.
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
You are very greedy,dont be like this because we never know how much our coin will increase but in cryoto currency 400% is not a big number but still when you enter the market is really matter.I will be looking for 50% profits from my altcoins then I will sell it for bitcoins because I will hold the bitcoin all the way.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
This is depend on the price level that i bought the coin, if i  bought in the deepest just like now so i will set my target profit 10 times for 6 to 12 month, because the price of all coins now in the bottomed and has possibility to going up to the peak price again. For Long term trading actually possible to make that profit if you bought right now.
Activity: 868
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
I think the traders can earn a lot of money when they hold a long time but the bitcoin has fallen far too far but bitcoin is so small that since then it has been a bit of a pity that the price of bitcoin has increased.
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
I'd be more inclined to say "what does the market have to do to make you close a position" because of the constant flux of variables. It's really hard to calculate a position based on the number (profit, price, etc.) except when major psychological barriers are hit, i.e. $10,000 BTC.

It's better to observe trends. Fibonacci levels, momentum, volatility levels, pivots, etc. Crypto markets tend to move much faster and more violently than any other markets, but they also tend to follow similar patterns. If you know a particular pair quite well, you can ride the waves. It's always hard to know exactly when enough is enough, but you can at least protect your profits by setting conditions for exit.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

400% is very high profit, are you sure about this?. So far 100% profit is minimum, about how long you can hold it that is not become problems because hold is depend our patience. When you calculate everything in trade/ invest strategy the number should be realistic because number is reality not dream or mystic. Think again and good luck to you.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
that is hard to answer to be honest because long term is not just a fixed amount of profit. it is the futuristic value of bitcoin that is important. for example when I started with bitcoin and its price was about $200 I wasn't buying it to sell it at $1000 (400% profit). I was buying because I knew it can one day be worth a lot, possibly even $1 million. and of course there is always the fact that bitcoin is the only decentralized currency and I want to have a bigger share of this scarce currency.

with that said I have sold at $1000 but only a small amount. this is the long run game and the more bitcoin that I have the more successful I can be in the future. at the same time risk management suggests selling something at least to enjoy the profit. and for that I don't really set a % instead I look at the market and see whether I can predict a sure drop then I sell before it happens and I usually buy back after the drop.
Activity: 196
“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

That's quite a big number for me. Usually, how much time do you need to reach that profit?

I do believe it's flexible, you should consider market conditions too. In the recent market, I think short-medium term trading is more profitable than long-term holding as long as you can ride with the waves.
At me it occupied last year from 2 till 4 months. I opened positions in August, September, October, November and closed in January. I believe that for some altcoins excellent prices for a set of positions now. But decisions on ETF bitcoin can delay the growth of altcoins.

I'm not saying that I close all positions at + 400%. Some were closed + 30%, and some + 1000%. Just when I was making a portfolio of altcoins, I was not nervous and did not sell at growth + 100%, but I expected more.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252

Well I am happy with 10% profits also but I will take 400% if there is any single chance of getting it.  Tongue

I would be happy to see any legendary trader making that kind of returns on investment in the crypto. Im not saying its impossible with this sarcastic statement but im saying thats too much ROI and can take forever.

Just be happy with 10-20% of trade profits and re-invest your profit thus making it a compounding trade and earning even more money from it.

Minimum : 5%
Max : 20%

If loosing money then will bear - 5% loss but not more than that.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
400% is very big to me actually i entered into crypto market in last November at that time all coons are nearly at ATH. And now BTC around 6k-7k so now roughly I'm in 50-60% loss but i believe that it will surely recover but i can't say exact deadline. First thing what i do is of i get some profits I'll try to take initial investment back and then keep profits in crypto so that even price drops don't effect to me. But at this moment i can't say when i will get safe zone.
Activity: 602
Merit: 259

Thats huge buddy. You ca end up having hard time if you keep waiting for that long time and it could be hard to even achieve those kind of hikes within small periods. Im sure you might need to wait more than a year or couple to achieve those hikes for some good coins if they do exists for that long terms.

I have never keep that high goals because I think its impossible to earn that much or it goes into the level of greediness and thus can be disturbing over the time. The reason is volatility of the market.
Activity: 910
Merit: 351

That's quite a big number for me. Usually, how much time do you need to reach that profit?

I do believe it's flexible, you should consider market conditions too. In the recent market, I think short-medium term trading is more profitable than long-term holding as long as you can ride with the waves.
Activity: 196
“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”
Pages:
Jump to: