Pages:
Author

Topic: what profit do you need to close the long position? - page 5. (Read 2113 times)

Activity: 219
Merit: 101
it is true that in a long position we must set the target that we want in multiples, even though that is not a guarantee that it will be achieved. in a long position I usually put a target of 300-500% but now I don't feel confident.
I would say that as long as you are confident about the technology and the potential to earn in crypto, you can hold your coins for long years. Like the Twins brothers who were actually the pioneers of the idea of a social app like Facebook-who invested a whopping amount or $10million in 2010 in Bitcoin when the cost was just $49- and were called as the Bitcoin billionaires in 2017. This is what the long term investment can give and this is a rise of more than 300%. There is a big gap in the technology right now and we can make use of this time to get rich.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
If you are a long-term holder, what profit do you need to close the position?
For example, I need a minimum of + 400%
It depends on lot of factors. If the market is bullish you can achieve your target in a very small time. Also another thing to give consideration is the selection of coins. Good coins can give good profit in less time.
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
I only close my investments for the purpose of profits or earnings is when the market value is raising too high ands can be used as a goods source of funds for the benefit of my lifein future.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
depends on the coin that will be involving

Example if my altcoins onhand I prefer atleast 300% and up before i am going tl sell but it will also depend on the position of the said coin if i see good enough future then maybe i will increase my minimum profit

But if were talking about bitcoin in which my main investment no theres no specific percentage i will take,because i am willing to take atleast 10 years minimum to hold and whatever the price then will be to decide
Activity: 76
My long-term profit goal is at least 1000%.
Hahaha this is seriously a legendary statement. Although this isn’t impossible for anyone to achieve such goal but just your efforts and hard work is required. We have good stories where people gone for unbelievable results. But that race wasn’t only good words line, they have worked hard and harder for it. As much you put sugar, it would be sweeter more and more.
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
it is true that in a long position we must set the target that we want in multiples, even though that is not a guarantee that it will be achieved. in a long position I usually put a target of 300-500% but now I don't feel confident.
Target is always good but I have never really had one specifically, except I get out from a market when the trend is changing. I guess those who may be looking for very huge percentages may probably be long term holders, but as a trader entering a long position, there is nothing specific and if the market shows a sell signal or a buy signal, you do only what you have to do.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

I think 400% is not to big in terms of some altcoins, but also it can be done with BTC. If you invest today 6000$ in 1BTC and set your position on 24 000$ for maybe 1-2 years there is great probability that next big pump will broke 20k$ and you will make desired profit. But I think you are targeting on altcoins and classic pumps when some almost unknown coin is explode over night and make you rich.

For me is quite enough to just double my investment, but does that mean that I should sell BTC bought at the price of 200$? Of course not, even today my long term holding give me current profit greater than thirty times of my investment. If I'm not in need to sell before, my target would be 100 000$ - but even in that case I would not sell all.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
Activity: 75
How much duration you are saying for long term ?  For 400% or more profit you may need to wait for year or more even. It depends upon how much holding power u have.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

That's too much mate. 400% is so much of a long shot to reach because even if you want to hold your assets long term, there won't be an assurance that the time you held it for would be enough to reach that kind of profit margin. I say that because multiplying your capital and investments to that amount is just too much even for a booming industry. I think, for most people, they only try to get around 30-50%, if you are eyeing for a quicker return, or around 100-120% if you want to patiently wait so more. I am not saying that there is no chance 400% won't happen, but it's not only with regards to the time aspect, factors like the support of the community and the movement of the market, in general, should converge to make that happen.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
It's up to you what is your definition of profit in a long position. If it is 100% then tp out on 100% profit. If it is 50% then tp out on that one. That's how trading is, for you not to get burn so easily, tp out.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
I usually put my take profit orders on levels 100% and 120%. Half from my investment I try to sell at 100%, but if movement is strong enough I let the coin go up and then i put - stop loss order at +100% and take profit at +120%.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
People do have different goals or targets which means if you are a doing longer terms or holding then you would like to see 2x-10x or even more on the amount you had invested. Each people or trader is different because there are some which do easily get contended when they gain 2x which is still a good profit. On my part im not really going for long term holds except bitcoin and the rest of altcoins are traded up for short term.
Activity: 448
LETS GO ADAB

You just need to take advantage of the situation just like what is happening right now, if you invest a huge amount while the market price is very low then you will surely earn a big profit when the market price pumps up again.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 250
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
human nature is greedy, always wants to make big profits, we have to be grateful for the benefits we get, get a 20% profit this year already grateful because I know this year is a bad year but good to start investing
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642

Made me wow. I will take it if I have that kind of difference from since I bought it.

I am not much into pricing but I do look at what it is happening specially with bitcoin. Not into selling too since I am seeing a great future for it. But if ever I will pick when. I would prefer a time where it is very much used.
Merchants coming in and making bitcoin as means of payment for every item they will buy. I guess we can all say that it had already been fully grown.
Activity: 658
Merit: 1
Wow, 400% per an operation! Bankers envy you because their expectation is much less than yours. I even cannot imagine the potential profit if you would use a credit leverage.
As for me, Usually I close my positions when I understand that there is no more potential to the further growth and I do not try to achieve aims in 400% and more like you, may be I am not so skilled for that huge profits.
Activity: 22
My long-term profit goal is at least 1000%.
Activity: 588
To take profit should be according historical price of that crypto, for example the price been going up 10 times before and now the price back to the bottom so we can set the target profit the same percentace for long term trading. Target should be also according to fundamental analysis to maximum the profit because any crypto can going up to 30 times just in afew month.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Nobody can really  tell you what your profit should be however, you are the one that buy or know the really value of the asset you want to trade. Waht I will suggests to you is that you should trade or sell when it please your mind and then you can make profit.
Pages:
Jump to: