Pages:
Author

Topic: What scares them the most? - page 4. (Read 1172 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
October 29, 2017, 08:13:45 PM
Some of the people I know get scammed by those shit coins and ponzi schemes using digital currency like moonspace and the like. So, now, they are afraid to touch bitcoin or any cryptocurrency thinking it is just another scam or hyped digital currency. I cannot force them to use any crypto but it's their lost not mine.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
October 29, 2017, 08:06:40 PM
Bad publicity of financial institutes and low knoledge where the reasons, but it is turning right now, as Bitcoin has stable ups and cryptos get more and more acceptance by merchants.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
October 29, 2017, 07:49:40 PM
What are some of the reasons you've heard from people as to why they're afraid of cryptos?
Probably people are afraid of cryptos because of one feature it has and that feature is anonymity. This one feature of cryptos are what makes some stay away from it, since it is easier to scam people when one is granted anonymity and it being paired with irreversible transaction makes it the perfect tool for scamming others. Another reason why people is afraid of bitcoin is the technicality of buying it and crypto's volatility, buying on an exchange would be hard for a person that is not immersed with technology.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
October 29, 2017, 07:30:41 PM
Your picture NOOB when they get it from the exchange you signed up at while checking if you paid you crypto taxes.
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor
October 29, 2017, 07:18:38 PM
What are some of the reasons you've heard from people as to why they're afraid of cryptos?

The most common reason I think is that these are scams. The second is probably that cryptos have no real value. I have read a very professionally written post in an online news that cryptos have value only in the online world because they are online currencies. They do not know that these cryptos can be traded and converted into fiat to purchase the stuff that we need everyday. There is still a lot of education needed for people like these.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
October 29, 2017, 07:12:28 PM
A lot of people afraid of change, bitcoin and the whole crypto are something really new what could scare current cash users.
Usually crypto is related with hackers, drug dealers etc. for newcomer who listen the TV or else media is must be very unpleasant experience.
The main reasons. Maybe the bitcoin price lately also.(bubble)
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
October 29, 2017, 06:57:37 PM
How you need to be become a tech savvy because cryotocurrency are too dificult to understand. Some of my friends are also scared that they might be tagged as a criminal because they think cryptos are only used by malicious groups like hackers to ask for money with a ransomware, and drug dealers are using it because cryptos are untraceable.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
October 29, 2017, 06:40:41 PM
You can see it in so many articles in the crypto related news site. As per the previous month just like Jamie Dimon's said that gives you an answer about the reason that makes people are scaring with crypto.
The possibility of the fraud system, Easy to run a Ponzi scheme or game just like bitconnect, and another technical reason just like a lot of phishing site from the hackers or if you're forgetting your key and you lost everything in crypto I meant about the private key.
Activity: 675
Merit: 254
So far so good
October 29, 2017, 06:35:44 PM
It is too "technical" my girlfriend who use a computer for emails etc. (but she's not really tech savy) would be completely lost if she wanted to buy cryptos.
The other issue is the volatility. You buy a token today for a certain price and in the next week, your token might be +10% (or more) or -10%. Not everyone is into gambling.
Also Bitcoin as an example has been associated with hacking and money laundering too many times by too many medias. The reputation is not that good anymore.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
October 29, 2017, 06:34:12 PM
Most people are just confused as to what it is, and how to purchase/use crypto.
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
October 29, 2017, 06:31:10 PM
The most common reason I hear from people I know that are scared of cryptos is that they are afraid to use it because they believe crypto is fake and is a dirty money used by hackers and people in the deepweb. Every time I try to defend bitcoin and explain to them that it isn't what they think it is, they just refute my reasoning with unreasonable logic and they tend to stick to their belief that crypto is dirty money. Well I hope they would realize soon that it is good.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
https://goo.gl/ePsALC
October 29, 2017, 06:25:16 PM
Pages:
Jump to: