Pages:
Author

Topic: What speed are your getting CPU mining TENEBRIX? - page 2. (Read 13566 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I think that Intel makes and markets them only for the very narrow niche where some "enterprise software" licenses are sold "per-socket".

Which is exactly where we use them.  You either pay intel or you pay Microsoft.  Either way you are going to pay.  Personally I prefer paying Intel.  Too bad AMD DB performance is craptastic (well that is an exaggeration) or someday we may have a some AMD heavy iron.  Then again if you are old enough you remember the saying "Nobody ever got fired buying IBM".  Well today it is "Nobody ever got fired buying Intel".  Not sure I would be willing to put my career on the line for a $20K+ AMD Server. 

AMD + Linux = you don't pay anyone Wink
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
I think that Intel makes and markets them only for the very narrow niche where some "enterprise software" licenses are sold "per-socket".

Which is exactly where we use them.  You either pay intel or you pay Microsoft.  Either way you are going to pay.  Personally I prefer paying Intel.  Too bad AMD DB performance is craptastic (well that is an exaggeration) or someday we may have a some AMD heavy iron.  Then again if you are old enough you remember the saying "Nobody ever got fired buying IBM".  Well today it is "Nobody ever got fired buying Intel".  Not sure I would be willing to put my career on the line for a $20K+ AMD Server. 
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

Paying 2000 USD just for the CPU = EPIC !

Care to explain please with idiot proof instructions on 64bit linux

Intel doesnt suck that much actually. I have a g6950 @ 3.8ghz doin nearly 3.7kh / core. Also, my i3 550 @ home @ 4ghz does 4kh/core
Sure, still not as good as AMD but a lot closer then some of the posted results ive seen in the forum.

If I can get my 2600K to do 30 khash/s in total then it is worth it. Otherwise, no. AMD folks easily getting 34 khash/s with their junk chips.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

Like THAT will help. Scrypt just sucks on Intel because of architecture just like Nvidia sucks at SHA256 etc.

Use SC2. Probably a trojan in there too.

Intel doesnt suck that much actually. I have a g6950 @ 3.8ghz doin nearly 3.7kh / core. Also, my i3 550 @ home @ 4ghz does 4kh/core
Sure, still not as good as AMD but a lot closer then some of the posted results ive seen in the forum.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Like THAT will help. Scrypt just sucks on Intel because of architecture just like Nvidia sucks at SHA256 etc.

Use SC2. Probably a trojan in there too.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Damn it !!! How can I optimize my crap 2600K !?

You folks with AMD Phenom II at 3.6 GHz getting 16 khash/s on only 5 cores
Me with Intel 2600K at 4.2 GHz getting 9 khash/s on all 8 threads

Fuck Intel !

The 2600K doesn't have 8 real cores.  It merely tricks the OS into thinking there are 2 cores for each real core to keep the CPU more efficiently loaded. Internally there are 4 actual cores.  

HT isn't a performance doubler because the CPU only has 4 physical cores not 8.  Some applications perform slightly faster w/ HT.  Some perform faster w/ HT off.  All out database servers have HT turned off for example because we see higher throughput w/ HT turned off.  The more the pipeline can be kept full the less advantage HT provides (eventually reducing performance when pipeline is continually full).   

Your comparison should be based on 4 cores not 8. The 2600K has 4 cores and will perform as 4 core processor when performance per thread is maxed out.

Damn it ! Should have waited till Bulldozer with 8 REAL cores !!! FU Intel.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
That's smoothie the fudmonster.  Ignore him.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Damn it !!! How can I optimize my crap 2600K !?

You folks with AMD Phenom II at 3.6 GHz getting 16 khash/s on only 5 cores
Me with Intel 2600K at 4.2 GHz getting 9 khash/s on all 8 threads

Fuck Intel !

The 2600K doesn't have 8 real cores.  It merely tricks the OS into thinking there are 2 cores for each real core to keep the CPU more efficiently loaded. Internally there are 4 actual cores.  

HT isn't a performance doubler because the CPU only has 4 physical cores not 8.  Some applications perform slightly faster w/ HT.  Some perform faster w/ HT off.  All out database servers have HT turned off for example because we see higher throughput w/ HT turned off.  The more the pipeline can be kept full the less advantage HT provides (eventually reducing performance when pipeline is continually full).   

Your comparison should be based on 4 cores not 8. The 2600K has 4 cores and will perform as 4 core processor when performance per thread is maxed out.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

Huh

Is it possible to get 1mh/s using scrypt? OR the miner on Mac is just calculated the hashrate mistakenly?

No, just error in compiling.
It doesn't really earn anything... But it looks cool  Grin
mrx
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Huh

Is it possible to get 1mh/s using scrypt? OR the miner on Mac is just calculated the hashrate mistakenly?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I have two dually xeon poweredge servers I'm going to power up today to run this new CPU miner. I just hope BTC-E comes back online for trading. I just deposited BTC to get some TBX and the damn site goes down lol
legendary
Activity: 2450
Mining w/ an i3 550 @ 4ghz using virtualbox and archbang x64 in windows 32bit host my result is about 3.8kh/s / core w/ HT. Without HT its around 2.5kh/sec / core.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
I wonder if someone could compile this package for Windows i5 & i7 users ?

If you want to do a port, pick up a copy of cygwin or Visual Studio and do it yourself.  It shouldn't be impossible, it's only a command line program.
For SandyBridge CPUs (corei7 with four digit model numbers).

git the package.
./configure
(screw the flags)
gedit Makefile
find "CFLAGS = "
Change that line to: CFLAGS = -march=native -O3 -Wall -msse2 -msse3 -msse4.1 -msse4.2 -msse4 -mavx
Brought my performance from 2.6kh/s per core (running one thread per core) to 3.66-3.7kh/s per core.

Tested with 6 threads, +2 kh/s in total.
HT works now!
Just needed some hardcore flags, that's all.

I'm waiting for this as well.
Activity: 822
For SandyBridge CPUs (corei7 with four digit model numbers).

git the package.
./configure
(screw the flags)
gedit Makefile
find "CFLAGS = "
Change that line to: CFLAGS = -march=native -O3 -Wall -msse2 -msse3 -msse4.1 -msse4.2 -msse4 -mavx
Brought my performance from 2.6kh/s per core (running one thread per core) to 3.66-3.7kh/s per core.

Tested with 6 threads, +2 kh/s in total.
HT works now!
Just needed some hardcore flags, that's all.
LOL no wonder you are getting all of the blocks mate with that kind of speed  Shocked

So, it seems that Apple devices really are MAGICAL huh !?
Pages:
Jump to: