Pages:
Author

Topic: What speed are your getting CPU mining TENEBRIX? - page 6. (Read 13566 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
Alright, so I've figured out how to run this thing (I think), but the pool doesn't seem to be getting any blocks and it's been around 4 hours.

All I have is an estimated .133 tenebrix.... doesn't seem worth it.

TBX Estimate: 0.13307985 TBX

Simplecoin updated the payouts, my 10 hours of mining on a dual core CPU has gotten 17 TBX!  Thanks Simplecoin!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Well it sure bring the clock backwards into pre GPU times Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
2600k at 4.2 with linux minerd and HT on, 13kh/s running 7 threads.
Activity: 242
i7-2600K @ 4.4Ghz
HT enabled: 1.19 x 8 threads = 9.52Khs
HT disabled: 2.2 x 4 threads = 8.8 Khs
Solo mining, one block ~ 5 hours.
legendary
Alright, so I've figured out how to run this thing (I think), but the pool doesn't seem to be getting any blocks and it's been around 4 hours.

All I have is an estimated .133 tenebrix.... doesn't seem worth it.

TBX Estimate: 0.13307985 TBX
bz
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I've got two systems with i7-2600Ks (3.40  GHz). I have 3 GPUs in these systems so am mining TBX with 7 threads (instead of Cool. Each thread is getting about 1 khash (7 khash per CPU). I've got two other miners that have only semprons in them. I'm wondering if I should upgrade those systems to use 6 core Phenom IIs...
Activity: 127
Getting about 1 kh/s per core on my dual core pentium E2220 (2.4Ghz) when nothing else running, and about 0.7kh/s per core when working on the pc with quite a bit of stuff open.

bulanula, at difficulty of 0.041, it should take an average of 6.79 hours ish for your zippy 7.2 kh/s.
Activity: 518
Only running on my headless miner. It's a 4core 3+ghz Phenom II, getting 1.8kh/s per core

So are you telling me that your AMD is better than my 2600K at this ? LOL then it seems like Intel is the next Nvidia when it comes to CPU mining !

Anyone with a 2600K wanna try ? Maybe it is just me and I am doing it wrong etc. !?

How long to get a block with 7.2 khash/s ?
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
Darn, I thought it was going to be easy... gotta wait till I have time to figure this stuff out.  I thought the pool was gonna make it easier!!!  oh well...

Are you on linux or on windows?

If on windows, just get the Windows Pak and BLAST AWAAAY! Cheesy

http://www.tenebrix.org/get-started.html
legendary
Darn, I thought it was going to be easy... gotta wait till I have time to figure this stuff out.  I thought the pool was gonna make it easier!!!  oh well...
Hillariously voracious
Pool open @ simplecoin.us

Doesn't seem functional just yet.  Can we use GUIMiner for this?  IF so, do we use ufasoft (CPU miner)?  Mine doesn't seem to be working yet.

No, Tenebrix is cpu mining only via Tenebrix Miner so far (minerd), it's included in the windows pack, linux users can find it on github and build.

And it works like a charm - my Tenebrix miner is finding moneys and not afraid of anything !

The windows pack of guiminer?  Sorry, I'm dumb and haven't been keeping up with all the latest versions of things.  Does anyone have a link to get that miner?

check out www.tenebrix.org

And no, that is not a GUIMiner, that is specialsauce Tenebrix miner
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Only running on my headless miner. It's a 4core 3+ghz Phenom II, getting 1.8kh/s per core
legendary

Doesn't seem functional just yet.  Can we use GUIMiner for this?  IF so, do we use ufasoft (CPU miner)?  Mine doesn't seem to be working yet.

No, Tenebrix is cpu mining only via Tenebrix Miner so far (minerd), it's included in the windows pack, linux users can find it on github and build.

And it works like a charm - my Tenebrix miner is finding moneys and not afraid of anything !

The windows pack of guiminer?  Sorry, I'm dumb and haven't been keeping up with all the latest versions of things.  Does anyone have a link to get that miner?
Hillariously voracious

legendary

Hillariously voracious
Activity: 518
Don't really know if I am doing this correctly but mining on a 2600K at stock everything gets me around 0.95 for each thread so about 0.95*8 in total 7.6 khashes/s. Anyone else with a 2600K ? Might try to OC.
Hillariously voracious
Phenom II costs a fraction of a top GPU and is far more commonly encountered that high-end videocards.
Activity: 210
Average CPU is probably a core2duo, it'll get between 2 and 4kh depending on the model, OS, and overclocking.
Top mining CPU is almost certainly a 990x heavily overclocked, say 4.0-4.4ghz or so.
It should weigh in at 16-20kh/s.
So yeah, there's a smaller gap, but it's still mighty large.
Have fun finding a block with a core2duo Tongue
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
CPUs follow the same curve as GPUs.
A server that uses DDR1 will consume at least 2-4 times as much power per hash as a modern one.

Anybody who thinks using CPUs removes the benefit of throwing modern hardware at the issue is deluding themselves, really.
The ultimate setup for bitcoin is an AMD board and 5870 class cards (6970, 5970, 6990), the ultimate setup for Tenebrix is likely Phenom II X6 CPUs in a board, or 2600Ks.
Either way the people with access to more money get more hashes.
Hell the price of a one-unit upgrade is even about the same.
PhII+cheap mobo+ cheap ram is around $200-240, same as a 5870 was.

the average cpu is a lot more competitive relative to a top mining cpu then the average graphics card v a mining card.  Non high end ati cards are completely worthless for mining.
Pages:
Jump to: