Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do if you are deceived? - page 3. (Read 17462 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
March 17, 2019, 07:35:26 PM
I think the easiest thing to do is to contact the developers before investing or before you decide to participate in the bounty of this project. You need to contact directly by phone, if it is specified or it is best to go and look at the address indicated on the website, is there really such a company. If this is not possible, but create a theme and ask people to find out if there is such an organization or people.
At the moment, it is almost impossible to find scammers and the police rarely take up such cases.
This method will not help everywhere, if the project is created by professional scammers, they will think through all the details and you will be deceived.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
March 17, 2019, 07:32:36 PM
ICO for me won't die however scammers are increasing by time. There are many solutions to avoid scam project actually. some are from ourselves and others come from the event. Binance has built a great solution for people to invest in a trustable project by inventing launchpad. The more trust-worthy exchange to provide ICO launching service is the more we can avoid scam project. But, rmemeber that scammers are smarter day by day.
Activity: 598
Merit: 10
March 17, 2019, 07:17:31 PM
it is difficult to punish people who commit fraud because of the lack of legal guarantees from the government, making it difficult
to get people who commit fraud in crypto to be arrested and imprisoned
if crypto has been legalized by the state, surely there will be rules to protect crypto users
Yes it's true, because at this time Crypto has not been legalized in all countries, so Crypto is still vulnerable to fraud which leads to loss for users, so in Crypto we have to be very careful.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
March 17, 2019, 07:07:31 PM
it is difficult to punish people who commit fraud because of the lack of legal guarantees from the government, making it difficult
to get people who commit fraud in crypto to be arrested and imprisoned
if crypto has been legalized by the state, surely there will be rules to protect crypto users
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
March 17, 2019, 07:01:37 PM
Yes, it will be useful to check the validity of the location and identity of the team. However, even this will not save you from scams. Because there are times when the project simply could not achieve development and dies, because the team did not cope with it.
Activity: 644
March 17, 2019, 06:59:57 PM
I think there must be a regulation that defies the new ICO projects created by the developers, every ICO that will come out must be able to prove that they are really supportive of the project being made and there must be a check to make sure, if they are rejected it was easy to look for it and fell in punishment according to his actions which made many victims deceived.
Activity: 810
Merit: 101
March 17, 2019, 06:30:46 PM
Yeah, right. You should do a thorough research before investing. Even if you do not manage to bring fraudsters to justice, such a measure of caution will still not be superfluous.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
March 17, 2019, 04:58:30 PM
Interesting ideas for checking projects, but I personally have not invested money at the ICO stage for a long time, participate in bounty campaigns and trade. I don't see any effective tools yet. Unless if before the ICO, the project should be ready for launch.
I guess it might be the best choice if you stay away. It is just more logical to continue with more reliable ones. This could be a new currency to be created by CEO of any successful project, or Binance's sales or...
Activity: 2856
Merit: 655
March 17, 2019, 04:13:44 PM
Calling them on phone wouldn't make any sense. You're calling a scammer on phone and what do you expect them to tell you, to reveal to you that they are scammers? Lol, they wouldn't do that.

I think the best thing is just for you to work on your research and know what is right and wrong and you should also discuss whatever project you want to invest in the forum with people, and not just in the forum, you should also post it on Reddit and have experts look into and tell you whether you should go on with it or not. If they see anything suspicious, they'd probably tell you to give up on it.
A wise thing to be done which if you are already coming to a point where you have doubts and would want to verify something then asking out the community
isn't really a bad idea yet you can able to see peoples insights towards a certain project and with that you can make your own decisions towards on majorities inputs but
be careful because some of it would really be just shills or lies.
Activity: 616
March 17, 2019, 04:01:51 PM
All the suggestions or opinions of the people here are very good for me and need to be tried because if you just say it without doing it, it doesn't seem serious. To defeat the deceiver we must unite to create a group and continue to find a good solution. Honest is not an easy thing but this is for the sake of ICO's future to be safe.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
March 17, 2019, 03:41:36 PM
The best way to protect investors from fraudsters is to enter a third party into a transaction so that it receives money and issues them to developers only after a phased execution of work.
Right now they have come up with such an option as an IEO, where large exchanges have begun to appear as a third party, which guarantees that investors will not be deceived.
Activity: 619
Merit: 352
March 17, 2019, 02:59:25 PM
Interesting ideas for checking projects, but I personally have not invested money at the ICO stage for a long time, participate in bounty campaigns and trade. I don't see any effective tools yet. Unless if before the ICO, the project should be ready for launch.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1268
Life's but a walking shadow!
March 17, 2019, 01:38:53 PM
The best decision is to try your best not to be deceived, because it's difficult to get back at scammers in this network.
Though certain actions can be taken, but mostly it doesn't yield anything, do a proper study of the project before giving them your money, so you wouldn't have to run around to retrieve it in the first place
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
March 17, 2019, 01:37:11 PM
Calling them on phone wouldn't make any sense. You're calling a scammer on phone and what do you expect them to tell you, to reveal to you that they are scammers? Lol, they wouldn't do that.

I think the best thing is just for you to work on your research and know what is right and wrong and you should also discuss whatever project you want to invest in the forum with people, and not just in the forum, you should also post it on Reddit and have experts look into and tell you whether you should go on with it or not. If they see anything suspicious, they'd probably tell you to give up on it.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
March 17, 2019, 01:31:53 PM
I do not believe that ICOs would die because of increasing amount of fraud projects. Just look at IEOs this is a new stage of holding a token sale, but you are right we need to find a way of how to protect people from taking part in scam projects.
Activity: 316
Merit: 1
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
March 17, 2019, 01:31:49 PM
Maybe there's not much I can do because whatever I do, our assets will still not return. This is a valuable lesson for me and maybe more careful in maintaining the digital assets that I have. I am very disappointed with this hacker because it annoys me.
Activity: 554
Merit: 11
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
March 17, 2019, 01:26:29 PM
As long as the developers have not received your money, they will answer your questions in every way, be active in communicating with the community. They publish the latest news on Twitter and other social networks. However, as soon as their ICO ends, they disappear with your money. Invest better when ICO is over and tokens are placed on exchanges.
Activity: 728
Merit: 104
March 17, 2019, 01:14:38 PM
This is a very frequent occurrence in cryptocurrencies and you should try to prevent this, of course it is said that it is very easy, but I think that you can write a statement to the police. Many projects today represent their team and this has already become the norm.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 253
Margin Trader
March 17, 2019, 08:15:10 AM
There is no way to avoid punishment. Eventually all those cheaters and robbers will be punished.As for me I was deceived multiple times, but I just keep going.
Crypto is tricky, you have to be prepared
Activity: 588
March 17, 2019, 07:44:32 AM
First of all you need to educate yourself from that deception. I mean, as humans we learn by experience and so getting deceived should add up to your list of lessons and then know what to do next time to prevent it.
And then your next option maybe to find out how authorities can get those deceivers punished (if any).
Pages:
Jump to: