Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do if you are deceived? - page 8. (Read 17459 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
dApps Development Automation Platform
January 08, 2019, 09:17:37 AM
I think that this is becoming more and more common lately, so what can we do to ensure that responsible people can be punished?

I think the easiest thing to do is to contact the developers before investing or before you decide to participate in the bounty of this project. You need to contact directly by phone, if it is specified or it is best to go and look at the address indicated on the website, is there really such a company. If this is not possible, but create a theme and ask people to find out if there is such an organization or people.

In general, by any means to identify the identity of these people. As soon as we can add personal identification, these people will not be able to just fool us. Because you can write to them in the police under the article fraud.

The most important thing is that today there is everything necessary in order to really find and punish the people who are deceiving us. I think it's time for us to start doing it, otherwise the ICO may die.

If you have any other suggestions, I will be glad to hear them.

Maybe everyone all wants to do this but it is impossible because not everywhere and everytime you can do research in reality and contact or identity of leaders are just also relative
copper member
Activity: 411
Merit: 1
January 08, 2019, 09:08:57 AM
The ICO space is already messed up but still doesn't stop people from falling into web of being deceived. Not all have access to the right information even if they go deep in research. The easy thing is to regulate ICOs.
Activity: 319
Merit: 2
A nexgen decentralized ride hailing
January 08, 2019, 09:04:16 AM
I always think that if there can be an organization where everyone planning to own a project will have to registered and got an approval from the organization which we investors can also confirm their identity for investing and if there's any issue they will be easy to deal with.
Activity: 700
Merit: 14
January 08, 2019, 09:00:08 AM
Note to all of you here (basing from my experience). Whenever someone directly messages you or send you an email with vast amount of offer, it is mostly scam. Nobody gives free money anymore with all the crises we have from countries to countries. Especially when you are visiting a public chat support of projects, deceivers are just waiting for you and directly sends you a PM asking of your credentials or a wallet address to invest. Block them and better add a comment to that wallet they sent like at etherscan so others may know of their wrong doings.
Activity: 504
January 08, 2019, 08:54:59 AM
What you are offering is unreal. If scammers are smart, then they can cheat on the phone and at the address. You are proposing "to create a theme and ask people to find out if there is such an organization or people." What kind of people? Where to find them? If people don’t invest, they don’t want to know what’s what. As for the managers who lead the projects, they are also not always honest. The main thing is that they are paid for their work, everything else does not bother them. There is one conclusion - fraudulent ICOs thrive on impunity.
Activity: 252
January 08, 2019, 07:24:15 AM
I do not think that responsible people can be punished especially in our industry. Spend some time by researching any ICO in what you are going to participate in and within some time you would be able to detect scam projects.
Activity: 242
Merit: 103
January 08, 2019, 06:59:51 AM
I know that some projects use fake team photo. So it is really useful to find all participants on third-party sites. And check if all is ok.
Activity: 322
https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything
January 08, 2019, 05:32:33 AM
It's very difficult. We all know that laws around crypto are sometimes vague, sometimes non-existent, and vary from country to country. It's very difficult for scammers to be apprehended. The best we can do is thorough research before we get involved with a project.

I'm astonished, to be honest, that there're few murders and other crimes in this sphere. In some countries and some spheres, people are killed for much smaller sums of money, and there're millions of dollars!
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
January 07, 2019, 09:59:42 AM
when I was deceived, maybe what I would do as you mentioned, but I prefer to introspect myself, why can I be fooled and make a note of what made me deceived so that the hope in his situation will not happen again.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 110
January 07, 2019, 08:23:29 AM
First of all, you should inform and warn others about what happened, so that other people would not fall into the same trap as you. Next, find out if there is any possibility to return your funds and punish exchangers.
Activity: 158
January 07, 2019, 07:57:01 AM
I think that this is becoming more and more common lately, so what can we do to ensure that responsible people can be punished?

I think the easiest thing to do is to contact the developers before investing or before you decide to participate in the bounty of this project. You need to contact directly by phone, if it is specified or it is best to go and look at the address indicated on the website, is there really such a company. If this is not possible, but create a theme and ask people to find out if there is such an organization or people.

In general, by any means to identify the identity of these people. As soon as we can add personal identification, these people will not be able to just fool us. Because you can write to them in the police under the article fraud.

The most important thing is that today there is everything necessary in order to really find and punish the people who are deceiving us. I think it's time for us to start doing it, otherwise the ICO may die.

You have a point there to have personal communication with people you invest your money to. But some people because of the attractive promise of big returns get easily deceived and invest without doing deep research about the project. They tend to be trusting in exchange for the promised big rewards. I think this is where regulation comes in useful. Regulating policies in crypto trading would somehow minimize scam project.
Activity: 518
January 07, 2019, 07:19:52 AM
If you have already been deceived, then it seems to me that you can do a little.  But to prevent this from happening, KYC for project teams would seem to help us!
If you are deceived and you sent your money or stolen then you will not do anything in the cryptocurrency , unless of course you know the person who did it then you can personally present, and so you will not do anything
Activity: 179
January 07, 2019, 07:19:39 AM
Yes, the author is right there are many people from different countries and it is possible to create a base of associates who in their area could personally verify that the project exists in reality.
Activity: 322
January 07, 2019, 07:11:38 AM
If you have already been deceived, then it seems to me that you can do a little.  But to prevent this from happening, KYC for project teams would seem to help us!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
January 07, 2019, 06:59:29 AM
It's very difficult. We all know that laws around crypto are sometimes vague, sometimes non-existent, and vary from country to country. It's very difficult for scammers to be apprehended. The best we can do is thorough research before we get involved with a project.
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
January 07, 2019, 06:55:57 AM
ICO nowadays are dying because of multiple scam projects recorded on 2017 and 2018. Crypto investors are also aware that this project are nothing but a trash after a week getting listed to the exchange. I could say that the best option to check if the project is legit or not is to check carefully their team member if they have an active social accounts and if they are willing to show their faces on a video about the project or conferences they participated.
Activity: 623
Merit: 262
January 07, 2019, 06:39:42 AM

Your thought is something out of my mind should I call it as "sarcastic". I really don't think this is a right idea as we are risking our self by investing without knowing anything about the person. I personally feel its a waste of time contacting them about the prospectus and all, due to a massive downfall in the market a lot of ICO's are yet to launch its project else they might have started the process already.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
January 07, 2019, 05:45:56 AM

Those projects whose team are fair and trustworthy enough usually show some proofs. For example by linking their team members social media accounts and by passing KYC on icobench. Usually in this case project won't deceive people.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1618
January 07, 2019, 05:15:36 AM
2 precautions you can take: either 1) Risk only an amount you are comfortable with losing 100% as an ICO investment, and / or

2) Have the means to personally and physically find the owners of the ICO and hold them accountable in case of a scam or gross negligence of their duties and promises...
Activity: 1638
Merit: 262
January 07, 2019, 05:11:58 AM
nothing to do. there is no protection of the consumer's right to lose or be deceived. that's the biggest weakness in the crypto industry, and always remember the quote "crypto is like a chocolate box that we don't know what it contains".
Pages:
Jump to: