Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do when being scammed - page 7. (Read 1089 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 251
July 26, 2018, 01:20:08 AM
Sorry to say but it can't be undone. Once you sent your bitcoin to other people's wallet, there is almost no way to get your bitcoin back. Unless that person want to give it back to you, which is absolutely impossible i think.
I hope you don't lose a big amount of bitcoin, since it really must suck. I'm sorry for you to experience that, but you shouldn't believe that kind of scammy message in the first place. It's absolutely weird, there's no way they will give you btc if you give them btc. Well just make this as a great lesson, be careful and don't believe that kind of thing anymore so in the future you'll be fine.
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
July 26, 2018, 01:15:19 AM
your transaction cannot be canceled, and the BTC you send to the scammer will not come back again after you have gone through several transaction stages.

I think you should be careful when you receive an obscure message. and has no purpose.

and do not respond to messages from people you do not know. unless you have to use escrow.
Activity: 311
Merit: 10
July 26, 2018, 12:57:12 AM
You just have to moved on and learn from it, by the next time you will be able to handle or secure your account and may that be a lesson for you to learn on how to be safe in all aspects of life. Just be attentive enough and learn different things on how to secure your account.
Activity: 156
July 26, 2018, 12:54:36 AM
Do first is open a proper scam report on this forum. Try to track down the scammer depends on the method he/she used. Bitcoin transaction are irreversible.
That's right. You should take an action for it. You should be careful in joining campaign because there are two things thst will might happen its either you gain some token or you lose. You should be wise in this industry.
Activity: 314
Merit: 20
July 26, 2018, 12:52:06 AM
We already experience a scam and Yes it's irreversible. Good thing we lost only around 250 USD and not more. What we experience is a phishing site who looks exactly the same on a website that we are currently working with. That person told us to open our account on the link they sent and the site look the same and they will send us bonus BTC for doing so. We put the credentials then they took our money.
Activity: 186
Merit: 0
July 26, 2018, 12:34:46 AM
Hi readers,

Two days ago I have been scammed a message lured me to sent btc's to be rewarded with btc's. Is there a way to undo the payment?   I bought with a credit card for the first time btc's and open an Electum wallet where my btc's can transfer to. From the wallet I did the payment to the scammer(s).
output btc 1FWgupudCV4RQtZXhHtN9qPsWgphZFefa5
transaction id: 3d04e9a146ea666433f24579a4452534a05d3c106703a5771d9e97b88e9e92c1

Hope it can be fixed.

Kind regards,

4everfriend 

I'm not scummed yet but it happens to me that maybe I'll cry because I'm missing out on bitcoin. I know we're in the scummer and we keep our private key so no scummed bad guys.
copper member
Activity: 448
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
July 26, 2018, 12:02:16 AM
I don't think there is anything you can do if scam in Bitcoin, just forget and move on then learn from your mistake for it not to happen again, make sure you don't click any how site and always check the url very well before you input your details has many site are phishing one now adays, make a good password and also Google authentication to prevent your account for been scam and also use hardware wallet to store your coins or cold wallet which you have your private key and never let anyone has access to it.
Activity: 27
July 25, 2018, 11:50:48 PM
You cannot reverse a bitcoin transaction. Treat it as a lesson and be careful in future not to do the same mistake.
Activity: 784
July 25, 2018, 11:44:19 PM
I think you should report your account, if you are joining bounty campaigns, let the bounty manager know about your account that is being hacked. And if you can open your account, transfer the important things and coins to your new account in order to have savings left to you.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
July 25, 2018, 11:40:08 PM
When you see get rich quick scheme, someone else is trying to get rich of you. Sorry for your lose mate.
Activity: 106
July 25, 2018, 10:49:03 PM
Learn from your mistake.Be very cautious next time.You need to verify if the site you are logged in to is legit.Read reviews.Tell others to be careful as well.
Activity: 210
July 25, 2018, 10:42:59 PM
Well, your bitcoin is already sent and they are not irreversible, you just have to accept it that Btc is lost. And learn our lessons through this. Next time you have to check properly and don't be hook by false promises...
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
July 25, 2018, 10:42:32 PM
Hi readers,

Two days ago I have been scammed a message lured me to sent btc's to be rewarded with btc's. Is there a way to undo the payment?   I bought with a credit card for the first time btc's and open an Electum wallet where my btc's can transfer to. From the wallet I did the payment to the scammer(s).
transaction id: 3d04e9a146ea666433f24579a4452534a05d3c106703a5771d9e97b88e9e92c1

Hope it can be fixed.

Kind regards,

4everfriend 

First time i've been experience scamming on my wallet,i feel disgusting to my self,because i  thinks im idiot,why just happen to me,that i've become a victim of scamming until then i realize,that maybe i need a lifeline helps in those MEW  support,and they advise me ,thats everythings they could not do that to get back my crypto coins,because everthings has a records in transaction hush,until i forget those my bad experience and i make those a lesson as a part of experience.

Activity: 266
July 25, 2018, 10:38:20 PM
Hi readers,

Two days ago I have been scammed a message lured me to sent btc's to be rewarded with btc's. Is there a way to undo the payment?   I bought with a credit card for the first time btc's and open an Electum wallet where my btc's can transfer to. From the wallet I did the payment to the scammer(s).

Hope it can be fixed.

Kind regards,

4everfriend
First of all, I am so sorry for what you face dude. Blockchain technology is a secure technology, and so you cannot reverse what you do in the network (Sending BTC). It is a decentralized technology, unlike banking. So next time, you should be careful before sending funds from your wallet to the other wallet. And never send BTC to people that you don't know.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
July 25, 2018, 10:33:57 PM
Hi readers,

Hope it can be fixed.

Kind regards,

4everfriend 
When being scammed, of course we need to move on and find out why do we scam. Make it a lesson learn after we this situation. I was scammed before, a lose a lot of money but I never stop looking for the business or jobs that I really need. I ma so thankful I found this forum because here I found the true answer to my needs. I am looking forward to learn more things being discussed here.
Activity: 182
July 25, 2018, 10:30:06 PM
If you are cheated, you should be smart as soon as possible away from the place where you cheated and you also have to warn people around the people involved to hold their information to stop investing.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
July 25, 2018, 10:19:06 PM
Take it as a loss and accept it? I mean there's really nothing you can do with Bitcoin except attempt to expose the scammer for what they are an attempt to stop them from being able to scam in the future. You can't reverse a transaction with Bitcoin, once it's sent it's sent.

You're going to have to take this as a lesson and move on, it does suck to lose money but it's like losing cash -- be more careful next time in who you trust with your hard earned money.
Activity: 198
July 25, 2018, 10:15:52 PM
one owes himself the responsibility of safe guarding his wallet or bitcoins and every other cryptocurrency assts the person has. if you ever get scammed it means you did something wrong in safeguarding your wallet so you have to increase your security level
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
July 25, 2018, 10:14:08 PM
What to do when being scammed

If the scam took place with fiat currency involved in it:

There are some departments of government to deal with such scams as far as fiat currency is involved. You can file an initial complaint and let the investigating officials do their work.

If the scam took place with cryptocurrency involved in it:

Learn from it, help others to stay safe from such kind of scams and move on from it. Crypto is all about self-responsibility, it is strong as a technology but nothing can be done in case of the carelessness of the user. I don't see any practical cases when investigating agencies helped in the case of crypto scams.
Activity: 139
July 25, 2018, 09:35:24 PM
if you expect to cancel the transaction I do not think it is possible, you should be more careful in believing someone else next time.
Pages:
Jump to: