Pages:
Author

Topic: What wallets do you use and why? - page 15. (Read 34691 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 505
September 16, 2016, 05:39:21 PM
I have three classes using the wallet if it is blockchain, Xapo and coins.ph . The blockchain or Xapo is used to withdraw to online gaming or the investment site . Coins.ph and here I am moving from my blockchain and Xapo . Consequently in our country the local wallet is strictly prohibited that they not be used to gamble and the investment site coins.ph . So I just used it as cash out . Because if you know coins.ph from the gambling investment and settled them may be able to block your account .
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
September 16, 2016, 05:19:42 PM
i use a paper wallet for long term storage and i then use breadwallet for small change, i think it is a great little app.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037
BTC price road to $80k
September 16, 2016, 05:04:10 PM
I'm using the blockchain wallet because its a pretty safe one and its also a easy platform plus the fact is that it has a good security.
I love the 2fa security option from google.
The blockchain is a good wallet but you have to keep in your mind that its an online wallet so its not 100% safe, I think the blockchain is okay, I'm also using it but only for some payments.
For other than that I'm not using the blockchain at all.
we all know online wallets are risky, but we also want bitcoin to be easy to use and it is always an argument why bitcoin is not growing faster.
i think if other online wallets would use at least the same standard as blockchain it would be very good for bitcoin.

I also think that is true what you are saying but its always very difficult to say most of the times its risky to store your bitcoins on a online wallet but it feels okay and its easy to manage too.
I use the blockchain sometimes and I'm happy with it.
Few months ago i experience delay in coinbase i dont know about the problem maybe they are not accepting gambling address to receive funds from gambling site to coinbase after send in few days or weeks before they solve this issue. but i search here and found some thread that they are not accepting gamlbing site to receive funds from gambling site.. thats why i stop using them instead i convert into electrum is easy to use than the other wallet..
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 16, 2016, 04:57:19 PM
I'm using the blockchain wallet because its a pretty safe one and its also a easy platform plus the fact is that it has a good security.
The blockchain is a good wallet but you have to keep in your mind that its an online wallet so its not 100% safe, I think the blockchain is okay, I'm also using it but only for some payments.
we all know online wallets are risky, but we also want bitcoin to be easy to use and it is always an argument why bitcoin is not growing faster.
i think if other online wallets would use at least the same standard as blockchain it would be very good for bitcoin.

I also think that is true what you are saying but its always very difficult to say most of the times its risky to store your bitcoins on a online wallet but it feels okay and its easy to manage too.
I use the blockchain sometimes and I'm happy with it.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 605
September 16, 2016, 04:50:10 PM
I use coinbase to trade and coinomi because is a multicoin wallet
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 16, 2016, 04:48:19 PM
I use online blovkchain.info wallet because I dont have much coin to keep them on my computer
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
September 16, 2016, 04:46:33 PM
Activity: 406
September 16, 2016, 03:25:00 PM
September 16, 2016, 03:16:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
September 16, 2016, 02:33:38 PM
Before i use coinbase wallet and xapo before but i am halving problem about those online wallet in coinbase i hallving delay it takes week before my pending receive bitcoin are fix also in xapo i am halving problem when i am loging in verification error so i change my wallet and convert into electrum its more easy to use.. and never had any problem..
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)
September 16, 2016, 12:59:49 PM
from the beginning using bitcoin, I always use the wallet blockchain.info. for me, blockchain.info known and trusted. also use very easy. I use it on my PC and android. really easy to send anytime and anywhere. for security I use google authenticator(2FA) and until now either never lose.

That's good until the site you are holding your bitcoins specifically blockchain.info may be hit by a Ddos attack or decide to close up shop. What would you do in such situation ? If I were you I would try to change wallet immediately to one I and only I am the only one being in charge of my private keys. Remember you only own bitcoin when you also own the private keys and don't rely on third party to hold your coins.

And a last note. Blockchain.info is still the wallet with the most hacks in all bitcoin history in case people reading this don't know yet.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
September 16, 2016, 12:54:18 PM
I use bitcoin address wallet where im base si i can easily used bitcoin to spend or to lay electricity bill in my country if you are going to withdraw in banks , or any caeless anytime its free and there are no fee and for the remitance there are of course you need to focus before it send
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
September 16, 2016, 12:50:48 PM
blockchain.info, it can creates multiple addresses and no need to download the whole blockchain. I can get various addresses after i recieved money
Nothing wrong with using Blockchain for storing small amounts, but I'd keep larger amounts in cold storage or at least a desktop wallet that's secure.
But amounts under 1 Bitcoin should be fine to keep on Blockchain.info
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
September 16, 2016, 12:49:19 PM
from the beginning using bitcoin, I always use the wallet blockchain.info. for me, blockchain.info known and trusted. also use very easy. I use it on my PC and android. really easy to send anytime and anywhere. for security I use google authenticator(2FA) and until now either never lose.
September 16, 2016, 12:41:59 PM
I'm using the blockchain wallets for some payment and I also have a cold storage for my large amount so it cannot get stolen.
I'm doing it all for the security only handling small amounts on blockchain.
Activity: 756
Merit: 504
September 16, 2016, 12:33:15 PM
blockchain.info, it can creates multiple addresses and no need to download the whole blockchain. I can get various addresses after i recieved money
I am also using this and its very easy to use without any hassle and we no need to download any software we can create many addresses which is very good option have full trust in this
Activity: 294
September 16, 2016, 12:31:20 PM
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 16, 2016, 12:28:23 PM
Blockchain is my most trusted wallet because it's official. Other all 3rd party wallet looks scam for me but coindesk, xapo looks quit legit but with with money I can't take any risk. So in my opinion blockchain is best wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
September 16, 2016, 11:39:28 AM
I think I will use also xapo wallet or any other wallet that is safe. That my money will be safe because my friend wallet hacked so it is used by someone else so I will double check if that wallet is safe of not.

About the safety thing, all web based bitcoin wallet are not safe to consider since you don't hold your private keys here. Even in those reputable bitcoin exchanges aren't safe.

But it doesn't mean they aren't trusted. Let's just hope for the best they will not become a fraud someday as web wallets have a services that really gives comfortability to it's users.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
September 16, 2016, 11:15:24 AM
I'm using a online wallet called the blockchain, of course everyone knows this one but I'm simply using this one because its easy.
Another fact is that its easy with small payments I have to do with the bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: