Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen to blacklisted coins? - page 4. (Read 3598 times)

Activity: 576
Merit: 503
August 20, 2015, 08:54:02 AM
Stop spreading FUD please.

We can see every address that coins go to, or come from. Even passing thru a tumbler taints the outputs to some extent.
I send 'tainted' coins from address A to address X (which happens to be a mixer, but besides the mixer admin and myself, nobody can know this).

I receive different, untainted coins (completely unrelated to the ones I earlier sent to X) from a different address Y to address B.

There exists NO chain of transaction between X and Y. Also not indirect, or coinjoined, or whatever. Nothing.

How are my coins in address B still blacklisted?

I did say 'taints ... to some extent'.
The anonymity set size of a single transaction is limited by the number of parties in it, obviously.
Unless chaumian blinding, zero knowledge proofs, or something dazzling has occurred, my statement is correct.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
August 20, 2015, 06:20:54 AM
Are those guys aware that every coin in the world most likely has gone true silkroad just like every 50 dolla bill is used to sniff cocaine or to trow at a hooker? How is it even possible that bitcoin XT is launched?
I am really losing faith in bitcoin. If it becomes centralized it isnt worth more then citybankcoin.

I don't understand the term "blacklisted coin".  How can be blacklisted a coin produced in the legal way? While about the bitcoin xt I have heard the opposite. The bitcoin XT is not centralized but liberalized. I'm not an expert so my word can be taken with caution but from what I have heard from a person that seems very informed is that what was happen. 
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
August 20, 2015, 06:15:55 AM
Stop spreading FUD please.

We can see every address that coins go to, or come from. Even passing thru a tumbler taints the outputs to some extent.
I send 'tainted' coins from address A to address X (which happens to be a mixer, but besides the mixer admin and myself, nobody can know this).

I receive different, untainted coins (completely unrelated to the ones I earlier sent to X) from a different address Y to address B.

There exists NO chain of transaction between X and Y. Also not indirect, or coinjoined, or whatever. Nothing.

How are my coins in address B still blacklisted?

August 20, 2015, 06:07:44 AM
Even if someone was really trying to create a blacklisting mechanism to be used in bitcoin, I don't think it would be possible due to the nature of the system, in a centralized system like Ripple it can be made, not in bitcoin.

Can you elucidate us on how this could be achieved?

Isn't it obvious?

I suggest you read up on CoinJoin and the various implementations it already has as well as the potential it offers for anonymizing coins.

Are you suggesting they don't taint the coins to some extent?
Well, I'll be fkd. we have anonymity easily after all. Lol.
legendary
Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015
August 20, 2015, 06:06:14 AM
Even if someone was really trying to create a blacklisting mechanism to be used in bitcoin, I don't think it would be possible due to the nature of the system, in a centralized system like Ripple it can be made, not in bitcoin.

Isn't it obvious?

I suggest you read up on CoinJoin and the various implementations it already has as well as the potential it offers for anonymizing coins.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
August 20, 2015, 05:35:55 AM

Isn't it obvious?

It is not obvious, can you explain how it would work?
August 20, 2015, 05:31:29 AM

Isn't it obvious?

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
August 20, 2015, 04:53:21 AM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 19, 2015, 07:10:44 PM
blacklist ?
not in the Bitcoin Network ...

So there will be no coins in the future. Must be an epic pump n dump get rich quick ponzi scheme lol
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 19, 2015, 07:09:29 PM
Are those guys aware that every coin in the world most likely has gone true silkroad just like every 50 dolla bill is used to sniff cocaine or to trow at a hooker? How is it even possible that bitcoin XT is launched?
I am really losing faith in bitcoin. If it becomes centralized it isnt worth more then citybankcoin.

Another idiot believe in FUD. Wow..... Bitcointalk......can you do any worse?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
August 19, 2015, 07:08:49 PM
blacklist ?
not in the Bitcoin Network ...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 19, 2015, 07:06:49 PM
Pages:
Jump to: