Pages:
Author

Topic: What will you do if Bitcoin hits $1m in the future? - page 12. (Read 3468 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 10
Well, it's a distinct possibility. I recommend that you study the Bitcoin mining method. As a result, I'll only go over a few things quickly. Bitcoin's cumulative output is finite (21 million). There will be no more BTC after the last BTC has been published. So, in plain logic, supply is being restricted, and as supply becomes limited, demand rises. The supply of BTC will be depleted in 2140. Previously, the amount of BTC released was gradually declining. As a result, this would aid in the pumping of BTC to unthinkable levels.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
It will never hit $1m in the future. That is what you would expect an 8 yo kid to ask.

Oh boy. See you in 5 years Wink
Many people are talking about Bitcoin hitting $1 million USD in the future. Crypto enthusiasts are very optimistic, as they believe their dreams will come true with a Bitcoin halving taking place every 4 years. If Bitcoin hits such price levels, many early adopters will become millionaires. It could be tempting to either sell all of your Bitcoin or "hodl" it for the long term.

What will you do if Bitcoin hits $1m in the future? Will you sell all of your Bitcoin for cash? Or will you go long in the hopes of Bitcoin reaching higher prices on the market? Will you donate your profits to a charity? Just curious to know. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Smiley

Yeah, It is very possible. II suggest you to study the process of Bitcoin harving. So  I will tell some points briefly. Bitcoin has limited total supply(21 million). After releasing the last BTC , BTC there is no more BTC to come. So in simple logic, there is supply getting limited and when supply getting limited demand is getting higher.  In 2140 BTC supply will be finished. Before that, the releasing amount of BTC is partially decreasing. SO this will help to pump BTC to a value that we cant think.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
The early adopters I still wonder how many of them will hold for years just to see Bitcoin reach one million dollars. If the price happens to reach that price anytime soon, I am going to sell all my coins, and use the money to do other things, though I might still invest in it again.

You can’t really tell what you will do in the future, you might be thinking now that you’re going to be holding the funds forever even if it reaches up to that one million dollars, but situations can change and your mind can as well change and everyday there are new ideas that comes into your head and you’re likely to change your mind concerning a decision you made in the past.

That's certainly true, mate. No one knows what will happen in the future. It's important to know that nothing is set in stone. If Bitcoin reaches $1m, I'm sure many early adopters (like you and me) will sell most of their "hodlings". Even if this doesn't happen, you can always make profit if you buy low and sell high during certain "pump and dumps". A new ATH is certainly a good profit opportunity for any early adopter. It's always important to preserve profits in order to stay ahead in the game.

Whenever you decide to sell your coins or "hodl" them for long, it's up to you. Most people are greedy so they'll decide to "hodl" forever even if they end up losing everything in the long run. You should sell whenever you see the opportunity in order to maintain yourself financially stable. "Hodling" forever won't contribute much to the decentralized economy. For what I know, $1m per coin is just speculation. Bitcoin could reach that price if it continues to increase in popularity worldwide. The problem is knowing when will this happen. After all, crypto land behaves in many strange and bizarre ways. As long as Bitcoin works as intended, nothing else matters. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 898
Merit: 284
Many people are talking about Bitcoin hitting $1 million USD in the future. Crypto enthusiasts are very optimistic, as they believe their dreams will come true with a Bitcoin halving taking place every 4 years. If Bitcoin hits such price levels, many early adopters will become millionaires. It could be tempting to either sell all of your Bitcoin or "hodl" it for the long term.

What will you do if Bitcoin hits $1m in the future? Will you sell all of your Bitcoin for cash? Or will you go long in the hopes of Bitcoin reaching higher prices on the market? Will you donate your profits to a charity? Just curious to know. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Smiley
I would not sell all my BTC. I would prefer to use it for transaction rather than converting it to fiat. What is the point of haveing cryptocurrency if you eventually sell it for fiat?
Hols, spend and trade
Activity: 342
Merit: 24
We really need to bury the halving and not mention it again until years later. The next one is three years away. Let this bull run finish first and start discussing the fourth halving in 2023. First this bull run, then the one or two years bear market and after that is the next halving. It is important but right now it is institutional interest we care about and brings prices of Bitcoin higher. There will be a top in this bull run and eventually another bear market, because this is how Bitcoin prices move. Remember to buy when everybody will be crying, when Bitcoin is proclaimed dead and most news are negative after an 80% price drop.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 185
Wouldn't most people be selling their btc once it hits say 50k or l00,000?  So wouldn't it be hard to hit that price?

Also how much btc would that person have?  I mean... if someone has say 0.05 btc, well million dollar would only be 50,000 dollars.  But for someone with one btc... thats million dollars.
Activity: 1021
Merit: 12
if I had 1 bitcoin then I wouldn't sell it in its entirety. Selling it as needed for life is necessary. Why? because if bitcoin reaches $1M even 10% of it is quite enough for my living expenses. and some can be traded. and partially stored for bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 267
Reaching $1 million is a much later matter.  However, everything is possible with Bitcoin.  A few days ago, many people said that Bitcoin will not be able to cross 40k but Bitcoin has shown that.  When The Bitcoin will reach at $1 million then we all have to adapt to that situation
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
If it ever hits at that point, I just want to be sure that I am hodling a lot of bitcoin in my wallet so I can fully enjoy when that moment happens. But that is just a pipe dream, that amount wouldn't hit unless something so big that I can't imagine yet will happen like the supply of bitcoin is steadily declining and the rate of bitcoin pouring back in to refill the supply is not enough or a lot of bitcoin was lost which contributes far more to its rarity.
Then you have to start buying Bitcoin now while the price is still low. But never mind thinking about $1mil, pretty far from its reality. We may buy more Bitcoins or altcoins not for this sake that Bitcoin reaches such highs, $50k, $100k is something near to that. Well, I'm not giving up on this.

Anyway, if that $1mil will come, I definitely have to sell my Bitcoins and convert them to fiat money. I'm going to invest my money in the local stock market which is less risky than crypto.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
If it ever hits at that point, I just want to be sure that I am hodling a lot of bitcoin in my wallet so I can fully enjoy when that moment happens. But that is just a pipe dream, that amount wouldn't hit unless something so big that I can't imagine yet will happen like the supply of bitcoin is steadily declining and the rate of bitcoin pouring back in to refill the supply is not enough or a lot of bitcoin was lost which contributes far more to its rarity.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
It will never hit $1m in the future. That is what you would expect an 8 yo kid to ask.
You are just one of the beginners that underestimate bitcoin, if you look on how bitcoin is designed, it will later hit $1 million in the future, it will later be the world digital gold. Bitcoin is deflationary and also people are getting to know about it. Like me I have already been holding bitcoin, so I will not escape the gain to make before it got to such price if it will be early.
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Buy Bitcoin in Dubai | Buy Bitcoin in Istanbul
If Bitcoin reaches $ 1 billion in the future, we can probably see smaller currencies than Satoshi. On the other hand, considering the limited number of Bitcoin, I don't think anyone will ever hodl all bitcoins. For Bitcoin to serve its initial and primary purpose, a significant portion of it must circulate in the market. Otherwise, the price could suddenly drop. In the possible scenario, if Bitcoin becomes 1 billion, smaller currencies will be bought and sold.
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
The early adopters I still wonder how many of them will hold for years just to see Bitcoin reach one million dollars. If the price happens to reach that price anytime soon, I am going to sell all my coins, and use the money to do other things, though I might still invest in it again.
The majority of the early adopters including me are not holding the coins indefinitely without booking the profit, i booked my profit in the last rally in bitcoin as well as the dozen of alts i am holding and i purchased back most of the top coins once the market went down and i am still waiting for the right opportunity to book my profit in this bull run and i will repeat the process.   
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1129
The fact is that this is most likely meant, not specifically $ 1 million. And the fact that bitcoin will grow all the time .. If we talk about the very distant future, then it seems to me that this is possible due to the fact that bitcoin is limited
It would grow but not into this certain extent.Even on my wildest dreams this situation wont really happen and consider on how much money do get involved when we do talk about the entire cap.

Lots of discussions or topics about getting price to a million or even talks about on reaching back to $0. On this speculative market then you would really see different words about possible price
that would able to reach out but realistically speaking then it is really a hard thing to believe on.

If ever it would hit then we would really be able to buy on what we had wished for but thats if you do save up enough.

If I am readily aware or confident that bitcoin will reach $1M as early as now, then the most logical action is to buy more, since that is going to give me more chance to earn more. However, let's say I'm a normal guy with no clairvoyant powers, if in the case I have some bitcoins in me and it happens to reach $1M in the future, then I'll go cashout some of my earnings, drink a beer, then buy a lambo. In cash, give money to the poor in my community, donate to charity, invest some of it back, and finally settle inside my house and lay my back.

If by chance bitcoin reaches $1 million, early adopters of bitcoin or anyone that acquired and hodl bitcoin would earn huge profits. However, with such probability, I think everyone already has their plans in place. Anyway, if the moment Bitcoin hits $1mil it takes some time. Maybe another 10-20 years. So In my point of view as a crypto trader you have to collect satoshi as much as you can. It will be never worthless.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
The fact is that this is most likely meant, not specifically $ 1 million. And the fact that bitcoin will grow all the time .. If we talk about the very distant future, then it seems to me that this is possible due to the fact that bitcoin is limited

It is limited but that kind of price is still far since that is quite expensive and I don't think we could or we would be able to reach that kind of demand to have that value or price. Still, I am not expecting this to happen since bitcoin's price reaching that high of a price seems impossible, it is possible but I think I would be dead at that time for sure.
Activity: 516
Merit: 1
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

You can’t really tell what you will do in the future, you might be thinking now that you’re going to be holding the funds forever even if it reaches up to that one million dollars, but situations can change and your mind can as well change and everyday there are new ideas that comes into your head and you’re likely to change your mind concerning a decision you made in the past.
Well, we really don't know what we're going to do in the future but at this question I feel that most of us will feel very regretful when perhaps the majority of us are selling bitcoin soon or at a higher price right now but of course, a million dollars is a price we never have the courage to hold, the higher the price, the more our minds will be affected and an act of protecting our wealth like selling it all for cash is what will do. Only a handful of people are lucky and brave enough to hold bitcoin until it reaches a million dollars but the question remains as to whether this is really possible with bitcoin or not
Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

Pages:
Jump to: