Pages:
Author

Topic: What would you do if the Internet was shut-down - forever?! - page 6. (Read 705 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019
I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD
I would invest a ton of money in whatever is going to replace the internet.

The replacement will be very popular.

Cool Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 336
Merit: 0
Cлoжнo пpeдcтaвить миp бeз интepнeтa Smiley
Activity: 21
if the internet will be shutdown forever, then our lifestyle will be back as what was in the old days where we are using phone calls as the means of communication and we will not be updated all the time if what was happening outside. There will be an advantage and disadvantage. The advantage is that our communication with our peers face to face will be back and we can have more time with the people around us especially our family.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
Does anybody have an extra set of Encyclopedias laying around.  I am laughing because I wonder how many on this forum even know what I am talking about.
I know what they are! I used to use them Smiley They were the go-to book for all my homework projects!
Activity: 10
Does anybody have an extra set of Encyclopedias laying around.  I am laughing because I wonder how many on this forum even know what I am talking about.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
The very thought of no more internet frightens me to death but, seriously, how would we cope in life? In business? In education?

Could we recover as a world society ever again without it?

Means of communication would be so difficult. Many businesses will fall down due to the delay of some goods and services specially the transferring of funds or whatsoever.
Activity: 30
I'd start an irrigation business in Florida.  Grin
Activity: 55
Then vroom.....! to the zoo
Activity: 16
I'll go to country side and plant some crops
Re-open it and make billions ;-)
Haha very clever but lets just say that's it gone, kaput. What would you do? :-)
Activity: 85
It would be the end of the world for me.
Activity: 7
Re-open it and make billions ;-)
Activity: 1061
Merit: 501
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
I think considering how much we use internet now it'd be like the end of the world haha but i would totally freak out

Yea, bitcoin rigis connection on internet and pool websites/irc channels Sad
If the internet will shut-down forever?  My life will be no meaning. Because if I have a internet their is a solution example when I cook foods I will research in the Google , shopping, movie etc. That why internet is so important.
True but perhaps we'd become more sociable beings in that you may ask a family friend or neighbour how to make something. We could go back to the VHS. Vinyl records have already made a come-back and who would have thought that would ever happen? I'd miss the internet but I do feel I spend too much time on it Smiley
Activity: 89
Merit: 1
then eventually bitcoin market will collapse down. then nothing to do with the bitcoins
its something like in revolution TV series.
Activity: 88
Merit: 4
The very thought of no more internet frightens me to death but, seriously, how would we cope in life? In business? In education?

Only way to lose the internet is complete global power failure...so in that case we would be set back to about 1880. As a data center operator I can tell you that if there was a massive EMP or something and some of the world networks got knocked out it would be horrific but we would rebuild quite quickly. There are tons of protocols, and various mediums we could use to connect and begin communication again, especially peer to peer. The internet as we know it may change, but it would adapt quickly.

There is no regulation that can stop transmission of wireless signals across borders effectively, peer to peer decentralized networks, vpn tunnels, tor network, etc. So I dont see the internet ever closing down, just adapting around an impedement.

Now total global power loss and yes, 3/4 of the population would starve or kill one another...at that point the internet would only be a footnote.
Activity: 218
Today's technology era, I never thought the internet would be closed forever, but if the internet was closed, trade between nations would be stagnant, affecting the nation's economy. We live in a compact country. To think this is horrible. I hope this never happens in this world.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
If the internet will shut-down forever?  My life will be no meaning. Because if I have a internet their is a solution example when I cook foods I will research in the Google , shopping, movie etc. That why internet is so important.
Activity: 29
Merit: 1

I think I would start doing things I've stopped doing since the internet came out, maybe met girls and party with friends ( I need to get new friends, all are from the net)
Activity: 32
Farm chickens and horses
Pages:
Jump to: