Pages:
Author

Topic: What's more lucrative - mining or high rank signature campaign? - page 2. (Read 5150 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Well, this all depends on how you go about it right.

If you outsource your writing work to kids in india, paying them $2.50 set of xyz # of accounts.

But, this is based on if a signature even survives, most of them end up dieing out unless its a well known site like primedice etc.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Unless you have this:

Mining is a suckers game at any tier or level, but especially if you don't have a good hosting/asic manufacturer bulk deal.

I'll take high rank sig campaign anyday....get paid a few bucks for typing a few intelligent lines, sign me up!  

Quote from: Possum577 on March 11, 2015, 05:01:54 AM

What's going to get you to 25 BTC faster, mining or dedication to a signature campaign with a high rank (Sr Member or Hero)?

Maybe the better question is how long does it take for a miner to get their first block reward (of 25 BTC)? I can figure out the breakeven on the sig campaigns.

His question was not which makes more profit but which will get him to 25BTC faster. So mining is the only logical answer as a person can achieve that in a day or faster with a high enough hash rate. There is no sig campaign that will pay out 25BTC in a days ( or in a month)  time even if you could post enough.

So unless he wants to give more information and or refrase the question mining is the correct answer.

In reality, wrong to both mining and sig campaigns.  This is the correct answer 11 times out of 10:

You cannot just say mining BTC to get to 25 BTC like you have unlimited budget to spend to throw at mining.  So that's 100% wrong to begin with.  You can't say I'll just eat a million dollar loss due to hosting, electrical, cooling and paying off mining partners/workers, but I'll mine a block in a day!

legendary
Activity: 1176
Unless you have this:

Mining is a suckers game at any tier or level, but especially if you don't have a good hosting/asic manufacturer bulk deal.

I'll take high rank sig campaign anyday....get paid a few bucks for typing a few intelligent lines, sign me up!  

Quote from: Possum577 on March 11, 2015, 05:01:54 AM

What's going to get you to 25 BTC faster, mining or dedication to a signature campaign with a high rank (Sr Member or Hero)?

Maybe the better question is how long does it take for a miner to get their first block reward (of 25 BTC)? I can figure out the breakeven on the sig campaigns.

His question was not which makes more profit but which will get him to 25BTC faster. So mining is the only logical answer as a person can achieve that in a day or faster with a high enough hash rate. There is no sig campaign that will pay out 25BTC in a days ( or in a month)  time even if you could post enough.

So unless he wants to give more information and or refrase the question, mining is the correct answer.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Briefly, what exactly is a signature campaign?
Not sure how that works, looks like you sell your user reputation here by allowing
ads to be posted at the bottom of your forum comments?

You have a signature space (size/features depending on rank).  You basically advertise for a company and make a little.
Not sure how that works, looks like you sell your user reputation here by allowing ads to be posted at the bottom of your forum comments? In your profile you will find a signature section you put txt/html in there.

excellent info, thanks
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Unless you have this:

Activity: 641
Merit: 253
▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen
Consider the da dice signature campaign on the other hand. If you were to buy a senior account for .3 (there are few sellers that will sell for this little however if you lurk in the digital goods section long enough you will probably be able to find sellers who will sell at this price) then you could buy four low level senior accounts for the same 1.2 btc that you spent on the S5. With the da dice campaign paying .0013 per post up to 100 posts per week, you could make .13 per week per account, or ~.52 per month per senior account. Multiply that times four accounts and you could make roughly 2 btc per month for ~1600 posts. Not only that but you could earn an additional .6 btc per month by winning the most constructive posts contest of .15 per week so your total earnings potential would be 2.68 btc per month from a 1.2 btc investment. Not only that but the value of your accounts should increase over time as they accumulate activity points and potentially rank up to hero status. Your risk however is that making that many posts may result in the temptation to make a lot of shitty posts which would result in your accounts getting banned which would stop your signature campaign revenue. This also obviously does not take into account the value of your time that you spend posting, however if you are interested in bitcoin this might not matter.

Tl;dr signature campaigns.
This looks only good in your description, the reality is a bit different.
-The future of sig campaigns is uncertain. They could disappear just like that and your investment into accounts along with it.
-If you get caught buying a Sr. account you may get negative trust and this will automatically ban you from most campaigns.
-It's not that easy to join a well paid sig campaign with 3 accounts and some campaigns don't even allow it.
-To get that much from Dadice the user would have to write 300 constructive posts a week (1200 a month). You'd have to treat it like a full time job and chances of getting banned would be very high.
-A ban in this case can be compared to all your miners catching fire at the same time Wink
-To get a weekly bonus you'd have to write at least 150 posts each week, so your monthly post count would grow by another 200.
legendary
Activity: 1456
It hard to say!
Mining is long way, you should spend large money to buy mining machines and pay electricity.
While high rank signature campaign is all about lucky.
 Undecided

I would not say it's all about luck.  Just that it takes time.  With activity level only changing on certain intervals it keeps someone from spamming to a high level.

It  does take years on some ranks.  I am almost to hit two year mark myself.
Activity: 81
It hard to say!
Mining is long way, you should spend large money to buy mining machines and pay electricity.
While high rank signature campaign is all about lucky.
 Undecided
legendary
Not sure how that works, looks like you sell your user reputation here by allowing

You have a signature space (size/features depending on rank).  You basically advertise for a company and make a little.
Not sure how that works, looks like you sell your user reputation here by allowing ads to be posted at the bottom of your forum comments? In your profile you will find a signature section you put txt/html in there.
Activity: 70

I have some miners, I know how that works. 2 x Terraminer IV's running about
3-3.2 TH/s constantly over the course of the past year + 367 days has yielded around 32BTC.
Power is about 1850W each, so 3700W for the pair. Figure what you pay for that, plus
whatever you pay for internets. I think I calc'd  BTC needs to hit about $1500 or so USD in order
for me to break even.
On the other hand, its a certain amount of entertainment and does my part to help the cause.
legendary
If you are paying a large amount for electricity then you are better off just posting. But either way its not alot of money. I make like $10 a week or so.

Pretty much pays my cell phone bill.

I wish I had your cell phone bill then.  I do it for fun.  Having a signature provides money or items for a little fun.   I have done campaigns for coins was fun.  Now I'm doing for BTC.   

I can say my mining brings more yield.  But it is less now I will say I was around 12000 Watts + during winter of mining gear.  Worked out nice.  But campaigns have been fun too. 
ZuZ
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Well, signature campaigns are much more profitable than cloud mining, because you'll just get scammed with cloud mining. Smiley
Activity: 218
Merit: 102
How can you compare that? of course it depends on too many factors like the miners you own, electricity, how many posts you make.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
If you are paying a large amount for electricity then you are better off just posting. But either way its not alot of money. I make like $10 a week or so.

Pretty much pays my cell phone bill.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
My answer that signature deals would probably be more profitable then running miners. If you take the S5 for example, it will cost you roughly 1.2btc based on what bitmain is charging right now (it will actually be a little bit more with shipping and taxes but we can stick with 1.2). In the roughly two months that I was mining with my two S5's (plus the S3 that I still have but we can add that to the calculation) I made roughly 1 BTC in mining revenue, note this is revenue and does not factor in the cost of electricity. It might have been a little bit higher but not very much so. So this means that two S5's would make roughly .5 Btc per month before electricity or roughly .25 btc per month per S5. Now you need to remember that the value of the S5 is going to decline over time as more efficient miners come to market and as the difficulty increases.

Consider the da dice signature campaign on the other hand. If you were to buy a senior account for .3 (there are few sellers that will sell for this little however if you lurk in the digital goods section long enough you will probably be able to find sellers who will sell at this price) then you could buy four low level senior accounts for the same 1.2 btc that you spent on the S5. With the da dice campaign paying .0013 per post up to 100 posts per week, you could make .13 per week per account, or ~.52 per month per senior account. Multiply that times four accounts and you could make roughly 2 btc per month for ~1600 posts. Not only that but you could earn an additional .6 btc per month by winning the most constructive posts contest of .15 per week so your total earnings potential would be 2.68 btc per month from a 1.2 btc investment. Not only that but the value of your accounts should increase over time as they accumulate activity points and potentially rank up to hero status. Your risk however is that making that many posts may result in the temptation to make a lot of shitty posts which would result in your accounts getting banned which would stop your signature campaign revenue. This also obviously does not take into account the value of your time that you spend posting, however if you are interested in bitcoin this might not matter.

Tl;dr signature campaigns.
legendary
25 BTC is a lot for either.  It depends on how much mining equipment has and how much it makes in profit.

I would say do both personally.  Yes hero normally gets paid more then Sr.  But it is in your best interest to do both.

Why though? Signature campaign is free money as it pays out for posting which one wouldve done anyway. Mining on the other hand costs a lot and is not sure to give profits. Any extra money would be better used to buy Bitcoin directly.

It depends on person.  I still am making some of mining.  I realize it's harder now then when I started but with low electricity it still can be done.

It would depend on costs of a person can do both.  If lucky you can do both.  I do agree for some buying direct is best option.  And I admit I enjoy mining so if I make a little I'm happy.  It is a fun hobby for me.

With mining you have to watch it closely. For example during winter I can expand, and in summer i sell off some.  I cannot do the 12000 watt + I did in winter for summer mining.
Activity: 584
Merit: 500
25 BTC is a lot for either.  It depends on how much mining equipment has and how much it makes in profit.

I would say do both personally.  Yes hero normally gets paid more then Sr.  But it is in your best interest to do both.

Why though? Signature campaign is free money as it pays out for posting which one wouldve done anyway. Mining on the other hand costs a lot and is not sure to give profits. Any extra money would be better used to buy Bitcoin directly.
legendary
So, this isn't a self serving question, just curiosity.

Based on your timing guess, how much equipment investment is required?

The answer to your question above in bold is mining.

25 BTC is a lot for either.  It depends on how much mining equipment has and how much it makes in profit.

I would say do both personally.  Yes hero normally gets paid more then Sr.  But it is in your best interest to do both.
legendary
Activity: 1176
So, this isn't a self serving question, just curiosity.

Based on your timing guess, how much equipment investment is required?

The answer to your question above in bold is mining.

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
well maybe 2 is too far stretched, but 1 btc is possible for sure, (i'm making more with bit-x right now), and with primedice also, i was making 1+ btc in some months

with mining you will barely roi..

I do both.  I get a fews coins a year  posting and a few coins a year mining.

Game is very hard right now.

I've tried the mining route and lost thousands. The sig. campaign route creates a little folding money to keep. (Except when there's a UFC PPV, I tend to lose a bit to the books.)

Were you mining at home?   Mind if i ask how the loss of thousands?

Yes, and yes.
When LTC started skyrocketing to $40, I paid a gentleman to custom make 2 mining rigs for me. I (stupidly) was basing my break even and profits on rising projections....obviously, LTC had peaked and my hashing power wasn't anything special as the new asic scrypt miners were being introduced. So, accepted my losses, sold off equipment and moved on.

Pages:
Jump to: