Pages:
Author

Topic: What's more lucrative - mining or high rank signature campaign? - page 4. (Read 5150 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Asking this is like asking how long a piece of string is. Also, it cannot be accurately answered because we don't know how much you are willing to spend on equipment. Willing to buy a mining farm? Then mining will get you 25btc quicker. Willing to spend money on a few miners? Then signature campaigns is more likely to get you it....eventually, but to get 25btc you would need many accounts on many high paying campaigns and a long long time so likely neither will get you 25btc so signature advertising is probably more profitable as you don't have to spend anything upfront (unless you are going to buy accounts).
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
If you are purely after BTC and you have a few thousands of dollars for a decent mining gear and not interested in the profitability of your mining operations (or you have free electricity) then you go for mining but probably you can get more BTC if you spend the price of the miners and the electricity on buying BTC directly.
With high spec sig campaigns like Bit-X you can make 5-6 BTC per year if your rank is high enough and you have enough time to make 4-500 meaningful posts per month. Pls don't forget that this is true at the current rates. If prices going up probably Marco will adjust (lower) his rates.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
I use faucets  Grin
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
Eternal, thank you!

I definitely realize my question was vague because a huge mining operation would get to 25 BTC faster than one machine in an apartment some where.

To use the calculator you shared I need some more education, what's an average hash rate? I have no idea.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Guys, you're all missing the point. I'm not asking how to make money. (I HAVE AN AD IN MY SIGNATURE SPACE!)

I'm asking which would take longer, earning 25 BTC through mining or through a signature ad campaign as a Sr. or Hero Member?

If you don't know, don't respond.

P.S. CIYAM, if you're out there, i'm starting to see the frustration you see in people posting bullshit posts just to get paid...

Well your question wasn't clear enough on the amount of hashing power you had
If you could find a block because you had a lot of mining power then of course its easy to get 25 BTC
Here use this should be simple enough to get an estimate
https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

Then choose a miner
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-manufacturer-trustworthiness-guide-1st-feb-2016-456691
Loose lips sink sigs!
If you have no money, join the Bit-X sig campaign. No limit to how many posts you make and payouts are weekly.

If you have money, you could try mining. The best money from mining comes from the lowest price of electricity.

There are no official limits via the campaign, but if the forum begins turning to garbage because of one person trying to make 25 BTC by mindless, constant posting- they will be suspended and make nothing...I've been around for a while, it is difficult to make 1-2 worthwhile posts in any given day.
Mining, even with low electricity costs becomes almost a certain loss unless the person is able to find themselves in the first batches of newest miners. Mines whatever possible for 2-3 weeks and SELLS the miner as fast as possible. If one cannot hit those spots, at this point in BTC time, they cannot make coin, most likely will have a negative ROI.

Best, easiest, fastest way to obtain 25 BTC...just BUY THEM and...that's it. Target hit.

Speaking of mindless posts, yours is a great example.

I'm not trying to "hit a target" i'm trying to figure out how long it takes to mine 25 BTC.

THanks to the moderator for putting this thread in a section that may have people who know!
Loose lips sink sigs!
Guys, you're all missing the point. I'm not asking how to make money. (I HAVE AN AD IN MY SIGNATURE SPACE!)

I'm asking which would take longer, earning 25 BTC through mining or through a signature ad campaign as a Sr. or Hero Member?

If you don't know, don't respond.

P.S. CIYAM, if you're out there, i'm starting to see the frustration you see in people posting bullshit posts just to get paid...
Activity: 882
If you have no money, join the Bit-X sig campaign. No limit to how many posts you make and payouts are weekly.

If you have money, you could try mining. The best money from mining comes from the lowest price of electricity.

There are no official limits via the campaign, but if the forum begins turning to garbage because of one person trying to make 25 BTC by mindless, constant posting- they will be suspended and make nothing...I've been around for a while, it is difficult to make 1-2 worthwhile posts in any given day.
Mining, even with low electricity costs becomes almost a certain loss unless the person is able to find themselves in the first batches of newest miners. Mines whatever possible for 2-3 weeks and SELLS the miner as fast as possible. If one cannot hit those spots, at this point in BTC time, they cannot make coin, most likely will have a negative ROI.

Best, easiest, fastest way to obtain 25 BTC...just BUY THEM and...that's it. Target hit.
Activity: 518

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Sheesh... I have tried mining and signature campaigns .... and not one of those options will get you to 25 BTC very quickly. {Combined you might take baby steps towards 1 or 2 BTC per year}

I would also suggest buying low and selling high... with the BTC you have now... and build on that to grow your BTC faster.

I also take part in other forums, where I gain some income and I get the odd income from ChangeTip and gambling referral income...

The best option, for me... is to buy small chunks of BTC with the leftover fiat money I have, after all debt is paid at the end of each month and then to wait for the price to rise and to sell it for some profit. I then wait for it to drop again, and I buy in again... so it grows slowly.. bit by bit...  Grin
Loose lips sink sigs!
Thanks for the responses so far.

I'm still looking for the answer to my question.

More clearly, how long (on average...just an educated guess) does it take to achieve on blockchain award (of 25 BTC)?
Activity: 676
Mining is now the least profitable and safe way to earn bitcoins, unless you have a mining farm in a country with really cheap electricity.
Home-scale mining will not let you earn as much as a good sig campaign with high rank at the moment, if you ever break even what I doubt.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

Hi again, Possum577

I don't think there is ANY easy way to get large quantities (say, over 0.1 BTC) in a short time frame -- other than BUYING them.

The reading I do on the mining pools is mostly that the investment return is either negative or so small it takes a LONG time to get your investment back.

I think it is no longer realistically possible to mine BTC by yourself, the hashes/second are way too high to have even a 1% chance to win a block (25 BTC) in a week.  Even if you have a garage full of ASICs, cheap electricity and cooling...
Loose lips sink sigs!
So, this isn't a self serving question, just curiosity.

What's going to get you to 25 BTC faster, mining or dedication to a signature campaign with a high rank (Sr Member or Hero)?

Maybe the better question is how long does it take for a miner to get their first block reward (of 25 BTC)? I can figure out the breakeven on the sig campaigns.

Based on your timing guess, how much equipment investment is required?
Pages:
Jump to: