Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 133. (Read 202140 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047
Id say that the principal reason is that many bought till btc got to 1000+ and didnt sold in the way down, probably got out with a loss and quit, id also say the high rate of scams and the silkroad fucked by the fbi was a big factor. I also believe gamblers kinda lost what they afforded to lose, bitcoin needs promotion people needs to know about it.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
2) People tend to find using bitcoin harder than using fiats.

Can you please let me know how using Bitcoin is harder than fiat???
In fact, there are many apps that are being developed even for fiat currencies nowadays in regards to Bitcoins which are easy to use and sent in one go...
Also, you can do everything anonymously without leaking any of your information to anyone...
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
1) There's a lot of people out there that doesn't know bitcoin, soo the information about bitcoin is lacking.

2) People tend to find using bitcoin harder than using fiats.

3) Fiats is still commonly used everywhere than bitcoin, people tend to use the common one rather than the one that's less used.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
nothign is stopping me. I love using bitcoins Smiley))

But does not aware of bitcoins, Once bitcoin reaches to all common people It will come and arise to the all category people. Still so many people near my location they don’t know what is it. When I explain about that. They didn’t believe as well. We should solve these things

I also think the ignorance of bitcoin stops people from using bitcoin. Not many people know about bitcoin or the benefit of bitcoin.

It mostly is ignorance, yes. Laziness plays also a big part here. Some people do know Bitcoin, but they just don't want to do some research about it. It not hard at all to learn about the basic things of Bitcoin. For the average Joe there is no need to go in depth. I think that the biggest hassle is the signup and verification process on Bitcoin exchanges and setting up a wallet that must sync the entire Blockchain.
Activity: 537

But does not aware of bitcoins, Once bitcoin reaches to all common people It will come and arise to the all category people. Still so many people near my location they don’t know what is it. When I explain about that. They didn’t believe as well. We should solve these things

I also think the ignorance of bitcoin stops people from using bitcoin. Not many people know about bitcoin or the benefit of bitcoin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
perhaps because bitcoin prices are very volatile, people become worried, especially when prices plummeted
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
it is ponzi matter.
people starts to stop believing bitcoin because they were scammed via bitcoin which could be easily prevented. Huh
if you are smart enough then you are safe from them.

That are just one story of so many people that have been stopping people from using bitcoin. Gambling, media making it bad and a lot more  that the government does just to make people think that it is not good.
Activity: 994

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
it is ponzi matter.
people starts to stop believing bitcoin because they were scammed via bitcoin which could be easily prevented. Huh

Ppl are being scammed for fiat as well all the time. Its not like bitcoin is an exception from scammers.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1006
beware of your keys.
it is ponzi matter.
Activity: 182
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
A friend of mine couldn't really understand it for some reason and just decided he was not interested. I felt bad for him.

He will be working at the c-store in chilly Canada all winter when I am in Florida in, likely, Naples, Fl USA all winter in 30

years. If it could be more widespread and not as technical, he may stand a chance.
Activity: 392
From my experience, for most people, when I explain how to use bitcion and any benefit ot, I find it is just to complicated to use.

- How do you get bitcion?
- Well, easiest to go to exchange.
- Is it free and easy?
- Its not free, you have to pay exchange fees and usually provide full id to use it.
- oh ok. Maybe I pass then. Have no time for this.

- What is benefit of bitcoin?
- You are not censored by your bank?
- What do you mean?
- [Explaining how banks are evil]
- People have been using banks like for ever. I dont see why it is bad suddenly.

- How do I make transaction with bitcoin.
- You send some bitcion to destination adress, and then wait 10 or more minutes for confirmation.
- Why 10 min? Credit cards and paypal are instant? Is it at least free?
- Not really. You have to pay transaction fee.
- Ah ok, so I stick with my credit cards as I have to time waiting 10 minites for some confirmations.

And goes like this for ever.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Most people are reading negative things like scammers, criminals and bitcoin in 1 sentence.
This negative PR makes them frighting to use it. Which is why we see so many people ignoring it.
Activity: 294
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I think the answer is simple: for the vast majority of transactions for the vast majority of people there is no material advantage to using Bitcoin so why would they use it?

Not when you shop at your local store where cash is best and this represents majority of transactions indeed. But when you start consider cross border payments and transfers, this is Bitcoin main advantage as other options are ineffecient and costly today - but your right these cross border payments and transfers are not used by majority of people, but Bitcoin is limited with number of transactions per second anyway so no big deal Bitcoin has no reason to be used everywhere and by everyone
legendary
The thing is bitcoin still growing slowly,year by year,till the day we can walk and pay a coffe,a cake a clothe with bitcoin,paying less,as it should be,bitcoin will still and keep the place it is now.

Yeah I wish we could just but something with bitcoin the store that they accept it.
I know that they are some that accept it, but not a lot.
Also it will be nice if we have more ATM for bitcoin, so we can just cash out.

ATMs are way too much expensive when it comes to cashing out, yes I know that you can get your BTC instantly, but the fees are much more than if you go through exchanges like LocalBitcoins and Coinbase...
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
New technologies which people in different parts of the world have never heard of
Activity: 476
The thing is bitcoin still growing slowly,year by year,till the day we can walk and pay a coffe,a cake a clothe with bitcoin,paying less,as it should be,bitcoin will still and keep the place it is now.

Yeah I wish we could just but something with bitcoin the store that they accept it.
I know that they are some that accept it, but not a lot.
Also it will be nice if we have more ATM for bitcoin, so we can just cash out.
legendary

That's true, but we need to take a step ahead in order for this to happen...
A friend of mine runs a small coffee shop near my city, and has both options to pay via BTC or cash...
A person managed an event where he allowed people to buy tickets using BTC and they were given 50% discount on those tickets, just to spread awareness...
YOU ARE THE CHANGE, if you won't do anything, nothing would change... Wink
Activity: 154
Isn't purse.io basically a way to buy carded shit with bitcoin?

what you mean? you can basically buy everything on amazon

How naive are you? Carders do the buying, that's where the "50%" savings come from. Check out some carding forums, you'll find better deals.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2po40d/since_my_house_is_being_searched_right_now_small/

well that's obvious what is your point? you're example does not make sense since they buy form amazon

there is nothing fraudulent here...

Purse.io business model is rooted in crime: carding. No carding -- no savings. That's my point.
Your seeing nothing wrong with profiting from criminality is exactly why Bitcoin has such a shitty public image.
Jump to: