Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 137. (Read 202140 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
December 31, 2015, 03:54:49 PM
Kinda troublesome or a turn off for some to buy bitcoin, as you need to get your id verified.
Not many place or even online accept bitcoin payment.
There are better payment methods or we are comfortable to use it.
(credit cards. Paypal/Debit cards etc)

The price of bitcoin can be a heart attack for some, it goes from 1k + to 200+ back then, and
recently bounced to 400+ usd average a btc.

Lastly, in my country if they report anything about bitcoin in news... it's something bad -_-''
(Like Mt gox, or people use bitcoin for drugs, weapons etc due to anonymity)

The power of media can be very powerful, with bad news about BTC, they will think twice
to use it or even use REAL money to buy it.

Well said, plus don't forget that for common people handling decimals, authorization keys, wallets, addresses as long as line of code and many other "easy to use" features are completely out of their league. We may be comfortable with them because we are a bunch of nerds but Bitcoin has a long way before it's being considered as a hassle free method compared to Paypal, CCs, etc.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.
December 31, 2015, 03:52:14 PM
What's stopping people from using bitcoin are all the scam artists who are attracted to the technology.  People are afraid to associate themselves with a product that has a bad reputation and they are afraid of having their money stolen by thieves that they can't catch...That's what's stopping people from using bitcoin....scams!
Yeah. The reputation of Bitcoin does take a hit from how it's known to be used in dark web purchases and ponzis. The Mt. Gox incident also ruptured the reputation ob bitcoins. I guess people think that it's unsound to have the same currency as criminals, or they don't understand how it works and don't have enough faith to check it out.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
December 31, 2015, 03:51:38 PM
Kinda troublesome or a turn off for some to buy bitcoin, as you need to get your id verified.
Not many place or even online accept bitcoin payment.
There are better payment methods or we are comfortable to use it.
(credit cards. Paypal/Debit cards etc)

The price of bitcoin can be a heart attack for some, it goes from 1k + to 200+ back then, and
recently bounced to 400+ usd average a btc.

Lastly, in my country if they report anything about bitcoin in news... it's something bad -_-''
(Like Mt gox, or people use bitcoin for drugs, weapons etc due to anonymity)

The power of media can be very powerful, with bad news about BTC, they will think twice
to use it or even use REAL money to buy it.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 31, 2015, 02:29:28 PM
trust , bitcoin cant be reverse .

i thought that the fact that there is no chargeback is a plus, since many hate paypal for that

so that ca not be really a valid reason, trust only appear for the price, for the instability, which i may find a it like a valid concern, if people keep thinking about the value as the last one achieved, instead of thinking that the average increase matter more

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
December 31, 2015, 11:28:30 AM
I think that I will stop using bitcoin maybe if in my real life i have much enough of money ..  but for now i will stay using bitcoin  Wink

Once you start using bitcoins you can never stop yourself from using bitcoins, I believe holding and earning bitcoins is something like addiction where you want more and more bitcoins in your digital wallet and I bet when people starts using bitcoins they will never quit.
yes i totally agree. when I know bitcoin my life began to improve. I helped financial side, bitcoin give me kindness and serenity.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
December 31, 2015, 11:27:46 AM
What's stopping people from using bitcoin are all the scam artists who are attracted to the technology.  People are afraid to associate themselves with a product that has a bad reputation and they are afraid of having their money stolen by thieves that they can't catch...That's what's stopping people from using bitcoin....scams!
Activity: 938
December 31, 2015, 10:30:22 AM
I think that I will stop using bitcoin maybe if in my real life i have much enough of money ..  but for now i will stay using bitcoin  Wink

Once you start using bitcoins you can never stop yourself from using bitcoins, I believe holding and earning bitcoins is something like addiction where you want more and more bitcoins in your digital wallet and I bet when people starts using bitcoins they will never quit.
Activity: 672
December 31, 2015, 09:02:22 AM
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
December 31, 2015, 08:57:35 AM
trust , bitcoin cant be reverse .
Activity: 714
December 31, 2015, 08:56:20 AM
Fiat is something you can touch ,bitcoin is just virtual,till people understand it and understand what is bitcoin we will have a bit more time,some years will be needed to people accept bitcoin.

no sense, fiat is also electronic, and people use it all the time more than cash so the reason is not that by a long shot

average joe actually like that they money is controlled by a central activity this is the worse reason...

Sure fiat has digital as well but the thing is bitcoin is one face and wont change .My family would try bitcoin if they could pay food with it,or any other thing.

We can transfer fiat digitally through internet banking. But we still need the involvement of a banking system. With bitcoin, we can transfer directly.

Banks will never come in support of bitcoins as they view bitcoins as a threat to their banking system, and if have bitcoins then why do we need banks, we have our own bank in the form of bitcoins and block chain where we have total control over our money and no involvement from banks and government is an added advantage.

Amazing explanation that's what I feels why do we let the government control our money Bitcoin itself is our bank and banks see Bitcoin as the game spoiler for them.
Activity: 952
December 31, 2015, 08:52:44 AM
Fiat is something you can touch ,bitcoin is just virtual,till people understand it and understand what is bitcoin we will have a bit more time,some years will be needed to people accept bitcoin.

no sense, fiat is also electronic, and people use it all the time more than cash so the reason is not that by a long shot

average joe actually like that they money is controlled by a central activity this is the worse reason...

Sure fiat has digital as well but the thing is bitcoin is one face and wont change .My family would try bitcoin if they could pay food with it,or any other thing.

We can transfer fiat digitally through internet banking. But we still need the involvement of a banking system. With bitcoin, we can transfer directly.

Banks will never come in support of bitcoins as they view bitcoins as a threat to their banking system, and if have bitcoins then why do we need banks, we have our own bank in the form of bitcoins and block chain where we have total control over our money and no involvement from banks and government is an added advantage.
Activity: 537
Merit: 100
December 31, 2015, 06:33:11 AM

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
December 31, 2015, 02:23:08 AM
Bitcoin is like cash: If you don't care about your security, then it's gone. Why using bitcoin if you can go with Paypal or banking with more customer support?

Someday if bitcoin rise more that paypal will also see the market they can earn with bitcoin and adapt it too. Many large companies have bitcoin now due to its success in rising.
Activity: 560
December 28, 2015, 08:37:00 PM

Activity: 441
December 28, 2015, 08:09:15 PM
They already have PP, why would they need BTC?

Thats what people think anyway.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 28, 2015, 08:08:32 PM
Bitcoin is like cash: If you don't care about your security, then it's gone. Why using bitcoin if you can go with Paypal or banking with more customer support?
Activity: 392
December 28, 2015, 08:05:19 PM
Bitcoin is not suited for use in all possible use cases, where you want to pay for something. I personally dont like waiting 10 min or more for a confirmation of my transaction. Its faster to use paypal. I also cant use it without internet. So what's the point of bitcoin or another cryptocurrency if there is no internet access.

So I just only use it when it make sense for me. Like sending money overseas. Its cheaper and faster for this purpose.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 28, 2015, 04:10:27 PM

Activity: 560
December 28, 2015, 03:46:46 PM
Activity: 631
December 28, 2015, 03:35:17 PM
For the most of them bitcoin is too new and to hot.
They don't understand it, and lack interest or time to research it.
In time they will hear more and more about bitcoin and it will come out of themself.

You are right on this. Bitcoin is something you have to spend time before you can understand.
For me it was the same reason for not using it. It seemed to complex for me.

That is the case with the most of the people as they are not aware about the concept of bitcoins and even if we introduce them to bitcoins they would surely hesitate in investing into something they really don't know and that is the problem we all are facing as we want that the adoption level of bitcoins should be much higher but as people have more faith in fiat and they don't want to risk their money by investing into crypto.
Jump to: