Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 152. (Read 202140 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
November 20, 2015, 09:48:32 PM
So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

Access.  For most people, it seems hard to get a few thousand sats and easier to use their credt card to buy coffee.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 20, 2015, 08:20:48 PM
It's very easy to lose if it were to drop randomly.
You can't chargeback if you get scammed. (At least to my knowledge you can not.)
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
November 20, 2015, 08:19:15 PM
in most cases the only way to pay for something using btc is by going through a 3rd party. this kind of defeats the basic purpose of btc. besides btc is too expensive and hard to get, and most holders are holding out of speculation. you would have to be rolling in btc to even think of spending it.

this will change when it is common to do all types of transactions in btc and they are done directly i.e. i get paid directly in btc from my bosses wallet to mine, and i can pay all my bills directly.

3rd party processors do more harm than good to the btc ecosystem. i really wish people would get that through their heads.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 20, 2015, 04:06:10 PM
One big wall is even when you invest some fiat into bitcoin or you earn bitcoins with your work and time,who to sell and is it safe,i had sold some coins itno a person and the money went into my bank account without problems ,but i dont believe there are around more then 10 people buying and honest people doing this,i know there are services but the fees are bigger then to buy or sell direct to the person.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 20, 2015, 12:36:12 PM
People fear to try new things and also without knowing all about how bitcoin works people don't like to convert their fiat into bitcoin, which one is quite complex.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
November 20, 2015, 12:15:48 PM
Most people around me don't even know about btc, and for those who ever heard about it either they don't get the point of using it or they are not confident enough in using technology.
yeah here too.
many people do not want to use digital currency like bitcoin, they prefer to use real money because they are lazy to understand the digital currency
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
November 20, 2015, 05:02:49 AM
The link BTC/Terrorism/Drug and so on is one the biggest problem BTC community/ecosystem has right now. If there's so much noise from the mainstream media and people think of BTC in these terms there's no way we will ever reach the average Joe
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
November 20, 2015, 04:50:49 AM
Most people around me don't even know about btc, and for those who ever heard about it either they don't get the point of using it or they are not confident enough in using technology.
Same here, they don't even know earning money via btc. The only thing they know to earn online is selling cosmetics, clothing, etc. Plus they dont know much about computer thing. They prefer going to farm or going to their day jobs.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
November 20, 2015, 03:52:49 AM
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
November 20, 2015, 03:24:56 AM
Many places still bitcoins are not accepted as a formal currency so many people hesitate to invest money in these bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
November 20, 2015, 02:51:01 AM
You're asking a very complex question. This question can not be answered with a reason or two. There are many factors in play. Maybe Bitcoin is still too complex for some people. Besides, the majority are ignorant and closed-minded (change is hard to accept).

yes i agree. most people dont know that btc it exist at all and some of the
that know bitcoin are afraid to invest because of its anonymity and are afraid to
lose their money.

These are all most common hiccups usually all new technologies encounters.
For mass adoption of bitcoin we need more time. I believe the price increase of bitcoin will make more people to know it / believe it / accept it. Yes, popularity and using of bitcoin will come only after bitcoin goes to a bigger price levels.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
November 19, 2015, 12:32:02 PM
You're asking a very complex question. This question can not be answered with a reason or two. There are many factors in play. Maybe Bitcoin is still too complex for some people. Besides, the majority are ignorant and closed-minded (change is hard to accept).

yes i agree. most people dont know that btc it exist at all and some of the
that know bitcoin are afraid to invest because of its anonymity and are afraid to
lose their money.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2015, 12:12:47 PM
I think there are several things keeping people from using it.

#1-It isn't easy
Despite what many people think Bitcoin is not easy.  Imagine explaining Bitcoin to someone who didn't know anything about technology.  Come back in a couple years after you are done explaining it to them please.

#2-People don't trust it
Some guy invented his own currency and we are just supposed to say, yeah definitely this is awesome.  People don't adapt to change like that and are brought up to question everything

#3-People think it isn't safe
People think they will lose their identity if they use Bitcoin, or will lose all their coins by getting hacked or something like that.

Activity: 364
November 19, 2015, 12:10:13 PM
People don't know how to use it or what to do with it.

And yeah Bitcoin is a new thing and alot of people still haven't heard about BTC.
Activity: 952
November 19, 2015, 10:46:40 AM
use bitcoin that bebaslah that allows people stop using bitcoin like drug deals, etc
What are you talking about, I think you're misunderstand sir. Are you talking about what thing that we should stop?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 514
November 19, 2015, 10:40:08 AM
use bitcoin that bebaslah that allows people stop using bitcoin like drug deals, etc
Activity: 952
November 19, 2015, 07:41:12 AM
there may be some people who stop using bitcoin, i think they stop because this several reason:
- the price is unstable, we can not predict when the price will go up or down
- bitcoin has not been recognized their the country
- boring, for people looking for bitcoin from zero maybe feels so boring
I refuse the third reason, because if you start without something you will be even more interested because you can earn free money online without a big asset (even with no asset).
Activity: 294
November 19, 2015, 07:35:39 AM
there may be some people who stop using bitcoin, i think they stop because this several reason:
- the price is unstable, we can not predict when the price will go up or down
- bitcoin has not been recognized their the country
- boring, for people looking for bitcoin from zero maybe feels so boring
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
November 19, 2015, 03:33:26 AM
there are many reason to stopping people from using bitcoin,and some of it :
- Boring,some people may bored with bitcoin,they have no more effort to earn and transaction with it.
- lack of knowledge,some of them also have a lack knowledge,they dont know how to do with their bitcoin.
- banned,maybe some country decided ban and make bitcoin illegal,and it make some of bitcoiner stop.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
November 19, 2015, 02:08:08 AM
I'm from a 3rd world country.. even so the usage of BTC has picked up speed spurred by blue ocean opportunities people here see as an investment tool and/or as a hedge against fledging national currency
Jump to: