Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 80. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
I'd say lack of availbilty & security(Atleast In the U.S)

Not much you can trade for until recently, many are aware of bitcoin
I'm my community but choose not to precipitate because simply just isn't accepted amywhere.
(Gas stations, grocery stores, etc..)

Alot of people in my community sleep better knowing if anything happens to there money
they can sue someone. Or there wad of cash is safer under there pillow with a glock on the night stand.

Not to popular in the U.S (west)

Yes i think thats one of the reason of people stopping for using bitcoin because its not convinient for them to use in physical stores and they dont find it secure to store their money maybe also they dont have knowledge on bitcoin how to use it and earn by it. And the problem their is anonimosity for people who dont know about bitcoin.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Bitcoin has not received a green signal from the majority of the Governments and that is the reason people feel that it is illegal and very risky for making an investment.

brilliant main reason is government is not allow to use it by people because government are thinking bitcoin is illegal, That's why they are not allowing to use it and in market shopkeeper are also not accepting it so people where can use it?, Its very difficult for people.   

Yeah that's true unless Government don't stand beside it its really difficult to expect that normal public will start using bitcoin as a currency or as an investment.

If Governments will start supporting bitcoin then it would be an miracle, and we all know if they start supporting bitcoin the it would an end of their corrupted activities.

keep an eye on the UK government, they're going all light touch with the regulation and waiting to see what problems arise before they start getting heavy handed and finding out how to take their slice of everyone's pie :-)
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I'd say lack of availbilty & security(Atleast In the U.S)

Not much you can trade for until recently, many are aware of bitcoin
I'm my community but choose not to precipitate because simply just isn't accepted amywhere.
(Gas stations, grocery stores, etc..)

Alot of people in my community sleep better knowing if anything happens to there money
they can sue someone. Or there wad of cash is safer under there pillow with a glock on the night stand.

Not to popular in the U.S (west)
Activity: 882
Merit: 303
I guess for me the other way that will make people stop using bitcoin when they will be scam. After their hardwork in earning their coins and the end is that they will only be scammed, then it will lead them to terminate in using bitcoin.

This is one hell of a true story. Actually there are a lot of people that stopped because someone do bad to them and that is scam. I dont know how those scammers can sleep at night doing bad things to other people.
well i dont think that it is such a huge issue, if people are willing to learn something new they will definitely not stop trying if they didnt succeed once or twice

i think the main thing that stops people from using bitcoins is their governments that always try to make people use bitcoins less in order to stop the growth of it because bitcoin is dangerous for them

I agree,bitcoin is dangerous to government because they cant control it and its users and those control are needed for they to have an advantage towards everything if they cant control something then they will just spread out news something bad to bitcoin.
Plus bitcoin is TAX FREE! This is what I want in earning money. Government can't control this hehe Cheesy
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I guess for me the other way that will make people stop using bitcoin when they will be scam. After their hardwork in earning their coins and the end is that they will only be scammed, then it will lead them to terminate in using bitcoin.

This is one hell of a true story. Actually there are a lot of people that stopped because someone do bad to them and that is scam. I dont know how those scammers can sleep at night doing bad things to other people.
well i dont think that it is such a huge issue, if people are willing to learn something new they will definitely not stop trying if they didnt succeed once or twice

i think the main thing that stops people from using bitcoins is their governments that always try to make people use bitcoins less in order to stop the growth of it because bitcoin is dangerous for them

I agree,bitcoin is dangerous to government because they cant control it and its users and those control are needed for they to have an advantage towards everything if they cant control something then they will just spread out news something bad to bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Activity: 826
Merit: 502
In my opinion is the association with the dark web and illegal dealings happening that uses bitcoin as a medium of exchange, that keeps people away from BTC. Lots of my friends even think that BTC itself is illegal to own and use, which is definitely not true in my country.

Perhaps also the price fluctuations and the lack of understanding about the concept of BTC. Public figures like Peter Schiff think that BTC is a huge bubble that is destined to pop. And many investors view BTC as a risky investment.

What people thinks about bitcoin does not affect our community that much. They only say that because they do not have enough knowledge about bitcoin. All they know is that it's an online currency. People like to look at the negative side of something just to sound intelligent, so they kind of just mention bitcoin being used in darknet which is true and that leads them to just ditch their interest with bitcoin.

prohibition of the government that may stop people using bitcoin

I am pretty sure that the government can NOT affect much the growing community of bitcoin. It will be foolish if the government ban bitcoin in their country just because the government supports fiat money. Bitcoin is supposed to be used anonymously so if ever the government prohibits bitcoin in their country, a user only needs a VPN to look like he's from another country and he'll always remain anonymous.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
In my opinion is the association with the dark web and illegal dealings happening that uses bitcoin as a medium of exchange, that keeps people away from BTC. Lots of my friends even think that BTC itself is illegal to own and use, which is definitely not true in my country.

Perhaps also the price fluctuations and the lack of understanding about the concept of BTC. Public figures like Peter Schiff think that BTC is a huge bubble that is destined to pop. And many investors view BTC as a risky investment.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
I once was exchanging some money from a friend and he said he dont want to take BTC , I was surprised and ask why ? He said because he has no good sites which can provide him his local currency for BTC , then I informed about LBC. So maybe lack of knowledge is stopping people ?

It is one. No one is actually active giving informational materials about bitcoin to anyone. It spreads only thru word of mouth. But once itbis already spread widely, that will not be a problem anymore because they will start to see it in payments schemes and anywhere in the net.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin has not received a green signal from the majority of the Governments and that is the reason people feel that it is illegal and very risky for making an investment.

brilliant main reason is government is not allow to use it by people because government are thinking bitcoin is illegal, That's why they are not allowing to use it and in market shopkeeper are also not accepting it so people where can use it?, Its very difficult for people.   

Yeah that's true unless Government don't stand beside it its really difficult to expect that normal public will start using bitcoin as a currency or as an investment.

If Governments will start supporting bitcoin then it would be an miracle, and we all know if they start supporting bitcoin the it would an end of their corrupted activities.
Activity: 952

Activity: 245

Activity: 938
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
Using bitcoin in a 3rdworld country is more difficult than you think, they always stick on what they know and often adopt in new things. people like me need to be educated more. and its none refundable the possibility of scam is always their.
Who told you that bitcoin is none refundable? It is easily refundable with a number of exchanges or with a number of other means. You can easily transfer your bitcoins to dolar or euro or any other currency you want to convert them.
Activity: 812
If bitcoin gets the support from the Government then people  will surely start using it but that clause is missing at a moment and that is the reason people are not using it.
Yes you are correct, people have more believe on their government then of the other, if their governments start to adopt bitcoin their people will believe that yes it is also a currency and they will not fear then that bitcoin will ever disappear.

Honestly speaking, looking at the Governments I don't think that will be done in future, Governments are very corrupted and they will never allow bitcoin to get  on the mainstream.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
Bitcoin is just starting to be known for an increasing number of peoples, and most of them still need to learn a bit more about the real implications of bitcoin in order to remove their erroneous prejudices against the bitcoin possibilities.

But I think it is just a matter of time to see a massive acceptation of bitcoin or some other altcurrencies at everyday life.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
If bitcoin gets the support from the Government then people  will surely start using it but that clause is missing at a moment and that is the reason people are not using it.
Yes you are correct, people have more believe on their government then of the other, if their governments start to adopt bitcoin their people will believe that yes it is also a currency and they will not fear then that bitcoin will ever disappear.
Activity: 672
many people have stopped because of the intervention and the role of government there may be some people who experience it.
if the government legalize bitcoin. will certainly occur adoption of a great future

When the government prohibit to use of bitcoin, whether we want or not we should obedient for that law. I grateful that in my country bitcoin still legal to use.

Fortunately it is also not illegal to use bitcoin in my country, atleast i never heard it on news that bitcoin is bad or it is illegal to use it or it is banned within your country and if you are found using it you will be in prison.
It is actually electronic media that makes it worst for the world, they show it to the world in a negative way so that they don't use it, but it won't happen for always, hopefully.
Pages:
Jump to: