Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 83. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 502
What's stopping people from using bitcoin is that they are being so close minded whenever you introduce bitcoin to them. You'll always encounter airhead people saying stuffs like: "lame, does not work, zzz, scam". They just don't get the importance of bitcoin and how it is different from fiat. They only hear topics that do not require any knowledge. They don't want to research about bitcoin. They just don't want it. They don't want people introducing new topics to them. Most people just want to do what they used to do. Since fiat is the money the got used to spend, they only stick to that.

Yeah, I experience similar problems when I trap people in elevators and try to teach them about Beanie Babies -- shallow, ignorant sheeple just don't want to learn! Too busy with their mindless sheeple shit, like curing cancer, raising kids, making music, reading dumb books.
Brainwashed losers, Xenophoto. Not like us.

The media has been doing this for years. Even if we keep on pointing this one out, those people will never make any action on themselves. They want to earn dollars but they don't want to acquire any knowledge first before earning dollars. They just want to directly earn dollars. Nothing more, nothing less. They don't mind being an airhead though. And yep, another thing is that some people tend to read dumb books that are always about sex and money. They get to read an entire book but got no time to read a single article about bitcoin. We can not force them though. The best thing to do is leave them alone together with their nonsense stuffs.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
What's stopping people from using bitcoin is that they are being so close minded whenever you introduce bitcoin to them. You'll always encounter airhead people saying stuffs like: "lame, does not work, zzz, scam". They just don't get the importance of bitcoin and how it is different from fiat. They only hear topics that do not require any knowledge. They don't want to research about bitcoin. They just don't want it. They don't want people introducing new topics to them. Most people just want to do what they used to do. Since fiat is the money the got used to spend, they only stick to that.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I guess a critical point is that it's extremely boring for most people. There's nothing that can really attract the masses.
it's true, but I think boredom is not a major factor they stop using bitcoin, but maybe they were disappointed because they may lose their money because bitcoin
I think that's also one of the factors why they got tired of using Bitcoin. But I think people who have grown tired of using Bitcoin are those which are affected by the waffle people who say that Bitcoin could keep him in jail, because many people who say that Bitcoin is where digital currency that is used by the mafia to do the transaction.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
I guess a critical point is that it's extremely boring for most people. There's nothing that can really attract the masses.
it's true, but I think boredom is not a major factor they stop using bitcoin, but maybe they were disappointed because they may lose their money because bitcoin

Price volatility makes people to think negative about bitcoin and that is the reason people prefer to stay away from bitcoin, if price goes higher and remains stable then we can see more users.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
When government banned and jailed people who use bitcoin because illegal, it will makes people stop using bitcoin. Luckly no country jailed people who use bitcoin.

That might be few exceptional cases, I believe as only a very little percentage is using bitcoin right now people have a little hesitation initially, this would change when mass adoption happens.
Yeah I doubt this would happen in the US or within the EU member states, that would still be a huge market for Bitcoin.

Yes and I think even if the Asian countries starts using it then we can see the huge market cap as the population of those countries is too high which can make a difference.

China is already in control of nearly the entire mining aspect of Bitcoin, but that doesn't mean the price will go up significantly.

And it shows as the market cap is still fairly low for such an amazing technology as Bitcoin. We need wealthy investors from anywhere to bring their money into the Bitcoin economy. That's when we'll see the market cap shoot up to insane hights.
Activity: 938
When government banned and jailed people who use bitcoin because illegal, it will makes people stop using bitcoin. Luckly no country jailed people who use bitcoin.

That might be few exceptional cases, I believe as only a very little percentage is using bitcoin right now people have a little hesitation initially, this would change when mass adoption happens.
Yeah I doubt this would happen in the US or within the EU member states, that would still be a huge market for Bitcoin.

Yes and I think even if the Asian countries starts using it then we can see the huge market cap as the population of those countries is too high which can make a difference.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
people still don't realize what kind of a big change this Bitcoin technology really is for all of the people out there and the whole world. Even us on this forum are not realizing this. And then we tend to rush and ask these kind of questions.

IMO, not all know bitcoin at all...even those who are always online in facebook, if you ask them what is bitcoin, they don't know about it, and sometimes they search the internet just to answer your question...So by that, I could tell that only few knows about bitcoin...So those changes that you mention won't be possible for them to realize...

most people dont need bitcoin as they dont have were to spend it!Womans like to shop ,open a store and accept bitcoin soo the mans can gift them and well they can talk each others saying i paid with bitcoin,my man gaved me and i bought a new jeans with it
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
people still don't realize what kind of a big change this Bitcoin technology really is for all of the people out there and the whole world. Even us on this forum are not realizing this. And then we tend to rush and ask these kind of questions.

IMO, not all know bitcoin at all...even those who are always online in facebook, if you ask them what is bitcoin, they don't know about it, and sometimes they search the internet just to answer your question...So by that, I could tell that only few knows about bitcoin...So those changes that you mention won't be possible for them to realize...
Activity: 910

This will not happen i think in future also. But if any country government think about it seriously means some country may ban because here no tax deduction is there so no profit for government. But now people why they stopping using bitcoin means most of people got cheatting in some business and some people are telling there is no security for digital currency so people are slightly stop using bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
They are only stopping when they see that the value is quite low and they are negative about the value but that is not needed because it will rise in the future and that will be nice.
Around this time the value is now quite stable and a lot of people are not happy with it because they want to earn profit.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Activity: 672

Exactly.
More people will start using bitcoin when they will see others using it and having no problem because of it.
Not all the world will always be scared of some cases that happened in fast and will never use bitcoin.
They will surely use it one day or another, but they are just hesitating now because the users are too little right now.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯

The truly reason is they have lots of hesitation by using it because they dont know or no gauramtee that they can earn by using it. They dont also know the system how to earn and what is benifits by using bitcoin.they afraid to lose monet because its online wallet and very hackable by pro hackers.
For that people i can say they need education or mentor so they can know more deeper about bitcoin.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

Activity: 560
I remember some use that lost almost all its bitcoins because the goverment went at his company and took all and he lost some fiat money as well.This isnt jail but sure would scare the most to keep or be at bitcoin .
Activity: 420
Activity: 560
People do remember bitcoin price were at 1000 dollars ,and the same way they exposed it then they made the same when the price went to 200 dollars soo i believe this is the main reason and the others is the image connected to dark marketplaces.
Pages:
Jump to: