Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 86. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Maybe the fact that bitcoin is digital currency! Psychologically people believe more in those things which they can touch. And also the fact that we do not have much options to use it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
You just have to wait so long with Bitcoin and people simply just do not have the patient for this. People now a days want to make easy and fast money. Waiting is not a option for them.

I dont get wat is taking soo many time,you meaning to be at signature campaigns to earn free bitcoins?Well if all were able to join and earn bitcoins doing signatures wouldnt be interest at the rankings,and no differences between.As you soon get a bigger rank you can start earning bitcoins,i believe in less then 2 months you are able to be at signatures somde of them the others will take you 4 months.

I guess @Agraoclya is talking about the growth in price that takes time and he is talking about holding bitcoins for profit and people don't have that much patience for holding them for so long.

Majority of people are not aware about bitcoin yet and if we try to explain them then they ignore it or hesitate in investing their money in something which is really new to them.

Exactly, and no one can force someone to use it, we can just suggest it to them and if they are not willing to use it then they won't, we should give them and bitcoin some time to catch up, bitcoin will surely takeover those people who are hesitating right now, when bitcoin will get more popular in outside world then they won't hesitate to use it like they use fiat.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Majority of people are not aware about bitcoin yet and if we try to explain them then they ignore it or hesitate in investing their money in something which is really new to them.
Activity: 560
You just have to wait so long with Bitcoin and people simply just do not have the patient for this. People now a days want to make easy and fast money. Waiting is not a option for them.

I dont get wat is taking soo many time,you meaning to be at signature campaigns to earn free bitcoins?Well if all were able to join and earn bitcoins doing signatures wouldnt be interest at the rankings,and no differences between.As you soon get a bigger rank you can start earning bitcoins,i believe in less then 2 months you are able to be at signatures somde of them the others will take you 4 months.
Activity: 938

Fast money in bitcoin is possible by gambling  Grin but I would not recommend to go for it, as people have gone through many losses and now they start hating  bitcoin.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I think some people do not even know the bitcoin with its advantages they are thinking its just another currency.
If these people just know it works they will most likely gonna use it because the best advantage the bitcoin has is that you can control your money by yourself if people know this they will like it and use it for sure.

Yes, for more people which stay away from bitcoin is their unawareness, they do not know how it works, If they know about how to use it, how to convest it and how to earn bitcoin, they will readily adopt it and will not go back.
yeah people don't much know about this. bitcoin has many functions. especially if they get to know about the "profitable" from bitcoin. This course is a great job for many people.
Activity: 644
I think some people do not even know the bitcoin with its advantages they are thinking its just another currency.
If these people just know it works they will most likely gonna use it because the best advantage the bitcoin has is that you can control your money by yourself if people know this they will like it and use it for sure.

Yes, for more people which stay away from bitcoin is their unawareness, they do not know how it works, If they know about how to use it, how to convest it and how to earn bitcoin, they will readily adopt it and will not go back.
Activity: 798
So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

some people stops using bitcoins because of gambling, they lose lots of money because of gambling and then they be very angry on it

and some don't even start with bitcoin because they think that it is not safe, or they are used to fiat and don't want to change it for now

I think what people stopping using bitcoin ia they have double doubt about it maybe their not educated properly and also maybe they are afraid to stake their hard money because they dont want to be scammed. Other factor for that is theyr not really sure what they are  into.

Lack of knowledge is the key factor here for stopping people using bitcoin, as they don't  have any knowledge of it and they hesitate investing their money into it.

Yeah lack of knowledge plus price fluctuations makes people to stay away from bitcoin as if price drops people start believing that bitcoin will not survive for a long time.
Activity: 840

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

some people stops using bitcoins because of gambling, they lose lots of money because of gambling and then they be very angry on it

and some don't even start with bitcoin because they think that it is not safe, or they are used to fiat and don't want to change it for now

I think what people stopping using bitcoin ia they have double doubt about it maybe their not educated properly and also maybe they are afraid to stake their hard money because they dont want to be scammed. Other factor for that is theyr not really sure what they are  into.

Lack of knowledge is the key factor here for stopping people using bitcoin, as they don't  have any knowledge of it and they hesitate investing their money into it.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Lack of awareness of the people, as well as their reluctance to learn about cryptocurrency. People are used to living simply because they live, and anything new they do not need. Or afraid of innovations that disrupt their comfort zone, and they will have to do something.
In addition, the negative attitude of the state to cryptocurrency, and people are accustomed to trust the state.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
It partially boils down to education, people flat out don't understand it. It's different than anything they've ever experienced. Money not issued by a government is something nearly unheard of for most. There needs to be some sort of effort getting bitcoin into retail establishments. It needs to say bitcoin right along with Visa, Mastercard, next to the cash register. Maybe the same approach is needed. A sales force going out and signing up retailers to accept bitcoin and receiving a commission, just like visa salespeople. Hell I'd do it in the town I live in.
Activity: 756

That could be a valid reason for people to start using bitcoin that they can have control on their money every time, but it will take some time for people to understand all the factors of bitcoin and by then it's price will also be better then now i guess, so there will be no more issues of people stopping using bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

I am sure that if the average human being was knowing that they can store money outside the current banking system, they would definitely look into Bitcoin as investment and store of wealth.

What more can they wish for as banks have been screwing up every bit of trust people had in them.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
And its price which is going down, also a cause of stopping people from using Bitcoin.
The price fluctuation is not important for the general bitcoin users but is affecting the miners to very large extent and the traders are just utilizing it and will always do.IMO the not very easy to use algorithm of bitcoin or the more amount knowledge required to use than fiat is somewhat a drawback.

sometimes even in a family only one knows about it..  Smiley
It doesn't matters if your or mine family members start using it cause they don't add anything significant to it like stocks ,institutional funds or tech companies could do.
i agree the fluctuation is not important for general bitcoin users,but for layman's... It need to be further considered...
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
Only the rumors which the people are spreading in order to support other currencies and those who want others to sell their coins to them on low price. The other thing is its price going down.

Most probably those heresy are the most common thing that hinder people from using bitcoin...They are afraid to try because they were blocked by the thought that something would go wrong with bitcoin in the long run..

We cant take out the thoughs like that to the other people because where talking money here. But i think halving is have a big big effect on price per btc. And we are hoping that this is good news for bitcoin users and industry so lets see how it cam affect us.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
Only the rumors which the people are spreading in order to support other currencies and those who want others to sell their coins to them on low price. The other thing is its price going down.

Most probably those heresy are the most common thing that hinder people from using bitcoin...They are afraid to try because they were blocked by the thought that something would go wrong with bitcoin in the long run..
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
Pages:
Jump to: