Pages:
Author

Topic: What's the longest shift you've ever worked? - page 2. (Read 801 times)

Activity: 433
Merit: 5
I worked for 24 hours, 2 hours of sleep

Once I worked like that, and after that I fell asleep right at my workplace!
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I did usual 12-hour shifts 2/2 for about a year or something around it.
I wouldn't say its exhausting if you at least somewhat enjoy your work.
However its kinda funny how people were making unions and were fighting for more hours and days off work to be with relatives and just live.
Now people trade their free time for temporary goods.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
I worked a 14 hour shift 8am-10pm

all my shifts are 15 hour shifts Tongue so im kinda use to it, use to work 16-18 hour shifts sometimes when i worked in a restaurant that was pretty much torture.
Activity: 34
I worked for 24 hours, 2 hours of sleep
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
I worked from 7am to 1am..... Lot of work pressure for 3 days. Oh don't want those days back..
are you serious with this long time of working?
18 Hours of working a day?this is not a human work seems like robotics mate and how can you stay awake for that margin of time?

i cannot imagine your Eyebags and how you looks like when you are still working that days?
Activity: 11
Never worked for more than 8 hours in a day. What's the point?
Seriously. I have never worked for more than 9 hours.
Activity: 60
Hmmm that was like the worst day and I won't try such again, so am a Nurse and I needed to take a day off cos of family issue and decided to work double shift which is approximately 24hrs. Won't forget that day
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Some shiftless people don't work very long shifts.     Cheesy
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
HODL is the key to wealth
10 12-hour days then 4 days off for one year as a land surveyor for the Appalachian Trail mountains in the 100 Mile Wilderness.  Often had to canoe on remote lakes with our supplies to get to our ad hoc website.
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
Sunday lunch time through until 8pm on Tuesday. I was a senior programmer working on a real time mainframe project for stock brokers, and we were getting close to going live. I had to cat nap behind the printer a few times, and I didn't get paid overtime, as I was on a monthly salary. I was called in on Sunday because the mainframe operator had put the wrong paper tape loop on the printer. That shows you how long ago it was. Smiley

That's insane since you were on salary, do you feel you got more opportunities down the line for the sacrifice you did for that company? Or did they just expect that from you?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 268
February 26, 2020, 06:07:09 AM
I worked from 7am to 1am..... Lot of work pressure for 3 days. Oh don't want those days back..

You're right these days are a lot of trouble They really don't want to get back  but I've worked on the shift from morning to night  Yours is very good At first I was very sick for 5 days working but now I don't want to do these good things anymore.
Activity: 127
Merit: 31
The real Jet Cash.
February 26, 2020, 04:28:48 AM
Sunday lunch time through until 8pm on Tuesday. I was a senior programmer working on a real time mainframe project for stock brokers, and we were getting close to going live. I had to cat nap behind the printer a few times, and I didn't get paid overtime, as I was on a monthly salary. I was called in on Sunday because the mainframe operator had put the wrong paper tape loop on the printer. That shows you how long ago it was. Smiley
Activity: 15
February 26, 2020, 02:15:57 AM
When i was 22 i worked a shift from 7 am to 2 am and this was the longest shift i have ever worked
Activity: 32
February 25, 2020, 10:19:01 AM
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
February 25, 2020, 05:44:51 AM
I had worked once from 8AM to 10PM. It was long and tough day. And it was really difficult to get up and go to work next day.
And for one month I had 10 shifts. From 7AM to 7PM. It was really difficult, because it was hard physical work. After work I had almost no free time and only wanted to rest after coming back home. I left this job soon because money that I got wasn't worth all efforts.
at least you tried your best to stay for a while mate,and what you've did is the best action for that since the Payments is not worth of the work.

i will do the same if i am in your situation.
I work 10 hours a day, I have enough of this time to get tired completely
well 10 hours is actually more than enough for a day ,because regular hours is 8 and this must be Over Time.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
February 23, 2020, 05:30:28 PM
I had worked once from 8AM to 10PM. It was long and tough day. And it was really difficult to get up and go to work next day.
And for one month I had 10 shifts. From 7AM to 7PM. It was really difficult, because it was hard physical work. After work I had almost no free time and only wanted to rest after coming back home. I left this job soon because money that I got wasn't worth all efforts.
Activity: 10
February 23, 2020, 04:42:33 PM
I work 10 hours a day, I have enough of this time to get tired completely
Activity: 961
Merit: 110
SweetBet.com
February 22, 2020, 09:31:35 PM
I did a 12 hour shift a few times in a liquor store many years ago.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1568
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
February 22, 2020, 03:16:47 PM
well I remember once I stayed at work for 2 entire days and slept there for 4 hours only to wake up and continue on the project which we finished only 5 hours before the deadline and avoided a penalty for the company

I did something like that as well, there was no deadline but servers went down and remained there to assist the sys/net admin for recovering things when needed.

Well after that 2dayish "shift" i think we had an extra non working day immediately after the event that week. It was simply a recovery from downtime situation.
Activity: 33
February 22, 2020, 09:14:19 AM
I once had done overtime and that was close to 9hours continuously and I guess this is the only longest shift I've ever worked on.
Pages:
Jump to: