Pages:
Author

Topic: Whats the longest you have waited for one confirmation?? - page 4. (Read 4861 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
actually i dont understand about this
why do we need a long time to wait for confirmation?

yes I also do not understand about this, ought 0 confirmation is enough Smiley
because the system is waiting for confirmation that is too long, can not cancel delivery
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
actually i dont understand about this
why do we need a long time to wait for confirmation?
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
Currently I have waited 3 hour Undecided

7 or 8 days, but I didnt pay a fee, the TX never confirmed I had to doublespend it.
If you had to wait that long then the tx should have fallen out of most nodes' mempool well before that time.

In the past no fee tx's of mine has fallen out of most nodes' mempool after several blocks (maybe 10-20 or so) that were found  after I initially broadcast the tx but did not include my tx in their block. I had to use my own node to manually push it back onto the network and wait a total of ~18 hours for it to eventually confirm

I did not manually rebroadcast it, but AFAIK bitcoin core/qt does so anyway. It wasnt important anyway. I just wanted to see if I could fuse several small inputs into bigger ones without a fee. There was a post here by someone with ... I dont remember the actual numbers, but something like 1.X BTC from faucets and most inputs very little. IIRC it was several 10k of inputs.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Almost an hour .But I have seen other people waiting for more
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

Maybe you used zero fee? or low fee?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
why do we have to wait for confirmation that long? sometimes long? when it can not cancel our delivery
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
So, if I understand correctly, Bitcoin transactions are instantly (they take 1-2 sec), and Bitcoin confirmations are still way, WAY faster thank bank transfers?

Sounds good!
Activity: 759
Merit: 502
Once almost a day, but it was transaction without fee  Smiley

For the transaction with fee, almost two hours.

But these are extremes, in over 90% it is within 30 mins
Activity: 294
i wait about 6 hours

when trying payout from ad network adbit
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
2-3 hours while depositing to a dice sites..
I wanna play now!! Angry
Activity: 924
Unlimited Free Crypto
Almost 72 hours. It wasn't fun as it was a withdrawal request from a major exchange! and my account was missing the amount as it was "withdrawn"

Shocked
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
nah
i got a new record
have been waiting one confirmation between 9 - 11 hours yesterday
deposit to gambling site , so got a pending withdrawal
Q7
Activity: 448
Almost 2 hours to get the first confirmation as I tried to experiment to send without fee. Normally the longest waiting time with fee is like that 20 mins.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Recently sent some btc to an exchange and needed it urgently and it got stuck for like 45 minutes, though it seemed more than that and I couldn't understand what the problem was, I had added the fee but it just wouldn't get confirmed. It was really annoying.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
Been waiting for weeks for a small 0.0013 transaction.. Not sure if it will ever be confirmed..
Activity: 139
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

7 or 8 days, but I didnt pay a fee, the TX never confirmed I had to doublespend it.
If you had to wait that long then the tx should have fallen out of most nodes' mempool well before that time.

In the past no fee tx's of mine has fallen out of most nodes' mempool after several blocks (maybe 10-20 or so) that were found  after I initially broadcast the tx but did not include my tx in their block. I had to use my own node to manually push it back onto the network and wait a total of ~18 hours for it to eventually confirm
Activity: 168
GreenCoin
Ok, yes, when depositing bitcoins to an exchange, it matters. How often do you do this, especially in circumstances where you're in a hurry? Maybe panic selling isn't a good idea to begin with.

Actually would be hard to say so . Everytime, I become conscious about the large delay, its usually when depositing to an exchange or a gambling site or a poker site where I need few confirmations. Other times, when I am not in a hurry, I don't bother checking  , so it is true it doesn't apply then.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
I've waited  ~2 hours (very lucky) for receive 1 confirm to my old transaction.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Ok, yes, when depositing bitcoins to an exchange, it matters. How often do you do this, especially in circumstances where you're in a hurry? Maybe panic selling isn't a good idea to begin with.
Activity: 168
GreenCoin
In every day practice, I pretty much NEVER wait for confirmations.

I don't care how fast it confirms. I send my payments, and that's it.

Same with receiving. I see an incoming transaction, and from that point I already know 99.9999% sure it's going to be confirmed, whether be it in a few minutes, or maybe in a few hours if the fee was very low or whatever. I don't care, I'll receive the money either way.

For almost ALL practical situations involving Bitcoin payments, the confirmation time actually doesn't matter.

I have seen threads where people say that confirmation times don't matter, but for some reasons like deposits to service sites/Exchanges/ Gambling sites, the confirmation time do matter. Your deposit only gets confirmed after 2-3 confirmations.
Pages:
Jump to: