Pages:
Author

Topic: What's with the price of Qora? - page 4. (Read 6064 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 20, 2014, 04:23:30 AM
Qora promised Voting System and it was delivered.
Qora promised Arbitrary Transactions and it was delivered.
Qora promised wallet upgrades and it was delivered.
Qora promised Asset Exchange and it was delivered.
Now Turing Complete and new GUI is promised, so I would expect delivery Smiley

Why the volume is low? I don't know.

This looks suspicious. All these features were in Nxt source code (even Voting System which simply lacked client support in NRS and hence wasn't considered as "released") and Qora didn't offer any unique feature. It looks like Qora is really Nxt but with its own client part. We could solve this riddle easily in such the manner:

1. Someone sends me complete source code of Qora.
2. I check if it can be a modified Nxt.
3. I don't share the source code and delete it after the analysis without any copies kept.

Do you want to stop the FUD about Qora being a clone of Nxt?

AT Devs should have a peak at the code so they could verify.

Also Qora dev has indicated he will open source soon enough either way so need to assume...

An all clear from CfB would be a PR gamechanger far more than any AT developer.
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
October 20, 2014, 04:23:09 AM

This looks suspicious. All these features were in Nxt source code (even Voting System which simply lacked client support in NRS and hence wasn't considered as "released") and Qora didn't offer any unique feature. It looks like Qora is really Nxt but with its own client part. We could solve this riddle easily in such the manner:

3. I don't share the source code and delete it after the analysis without any copies kept.

this is the reason ? Grin
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/qora-is-bcnext-579858
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
October 20, 2014, 04:21:26 AM

AT Devs should have a peak at the code so they could verify.

Also Qora dev has indicated he will open source soon enough either way so need to assume...
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
October 20, 2014, 04:18:29 AM

It will be great, if you can inspect the code. It will finish the endless speculation. I am contacting Qora about your offer.
Btw. Qora had naming service with an exchange on launch and AE offers asset/asset trading. Nxt did not have this features that time.
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
October 20, 2014, 04:13:53 AM
All I hear on here is how awesome Qora is and how it's the best crypto and now will be first coin to get Turing complete which is a major advance in crypto etc blah blah blah..

Really? That's funny, I never hear anybody say any of that stuff about Qora. I would go with "just hype" if I was you. Coins are meaningless if you can't get people to use them. We're already having a hard enough time getting people to use BTC.

Bitcoin is only 500K-2M users.  Not sure how we get more people to use Bitcoin as clearly something is not clicking with mainstreet.  Bitcoin has been in the financial section of many newspapers and I see it on television a bit and yet the userbase expansion just isn't happening.

It's so far off to even compare BTC at the moment to something like Yahoo (which had more users in 1995) or Myspace which had 100 million accounts by 2006 (3 years after its' inception).

Until I see code I think Qora is a reskinned NXT (aka Qora is a $hitcoin and has a $hitcoin capitalization as a result). Qora also just doesn't have the community.  Look at Doge - almost no innovation and yet its worth more than most coins due to the community.

exact community is 90% of the value of the currency
 see BTC there are already other best coins but still BTC will reign for a long time
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
October 20, 2014, 04:07:24 AM

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
October 20, 2014, 04:00:26 AM
All I hear on here is how awesome Qora is and how it's the best crypto and now will be first coin to get Turing complete which is a major advance in crypto etc blah blah blah..

Really? That's funny, I never hear anybody say any of that stuff about Qora. I would go with "just hype" if I was you. Coins are meaningless if you can't get people to use them. We're already having a hard enough time getting people to use BTC.

Bitcoin is only 500K-2M users.  Not sure how we get more people to use Bitcoin as clearly something is not clicking with mainstreet.  Bitcoin has been in the financial section of many newspapers and I see it on television a bit and yet the userbase expansion just isn't happening.

It's so far off to even compare BTC at the moment to something like Yahoo (which had more users in 1995) or Myspace which had 100 million accounts by 2006 (3 years after its' inception).

Until I see code I think Qora is a reskinned NXT (aka Qora is a $hitcoin and has a $hitcoin capitalization as a result). Qora also just doesn't have the community.  Look at Doge - almost no innovation and yet its worth more than most coins due to the community.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
October 20, 2014, 03:47:21 AM

Activity: 502
Merit: 500
October 20, 2014, 03:39:41 AM

Activity: 588
Merit: 254
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
October 20, 2014, 02:39:40 AM
So I think about investing in it and dropping a few BTC assuming it's already exploded in price and has massive vol but it trades like a shit coin, it's below mona coin in marketcap!

So is the Qora hype just hype or should I invest? I'm tired of coins that promise and don't deliver, is this one of those?
Pages:
Jump to: