Pages:
Author

Topic: When and how did you discover Bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 2348 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
April 19, 2022, 05:08:05 PM
I heard about bitcoin back in 2013/2014 when searching for ways to make money online on YouTube. I came across a video that talked about mining bitcoin. Can't remember the exact video. But I bought a few USB ant miners to learn and found out fast that it wasn't really profitable but it taught me how to mine. So I learned how to mine with GPU's and eventually started mining alt coins to sell for Bitcoin.
You are lucky enough to have known bitcoin for almost a long time, whereas I personally only got to know bitcoin around 2017 when my friend first introduced this forum to me, indeed before 2017 bitcoin has grown rapidly and I think many people have get to know bitcoin or crypto through social media platforms, but unfortunately we are just got to know the internet when the internet network began to enter my village which is far from the city, although it's late but I don't regret it because at least I'm still luckier than people who don't know what bitcoin or crypto right now.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1056
April 15, 2022, 01:59:37 PM
One thing that kind of drives me crazy is I don't remember exactly when or how I discovered bitcoin.  I know that it was either late 2013 or early 2014, but I can't specifically remember when or how.  I have a few email records from late 2014 which prove that I knew of bitcoin from back then, but they do not provide any clues as to how I discovered it.

So how about you, when and how did you discover bitcoin? What were your initial thoughts?  Did you think negatively of it at first discovery and change your mind, or did you always think it was a great idea?
I never thought ethically about this bitcoin. When I entered Bitcoin, not everyone knew what Bitcoin was.Because Bitcoin was a great currency at that time. I entered this bitcoin through one of my friends. Since then I have been recharging well about this bitcoin.I have been able to fulfill my life with this bitcoin. I have spread what I know about.
Activity: 798
Merit: 116
April 15, 2022, 01:36:24 PM
I remember that I watched YouTube video about different kinds of know-how, and one of them was about financial know-how, it was still 2014, as far as I remember, and I was very interested this. Since then, I began to look for information about this, and after a while I found this forum.

Most of all, I was attracted by the information that bitcoin can be used even without resorting to the services of banks, and, of course, it said that its price had increased by several thousand percent. Probably, if this had not been said, then perhaps I would not have delved into this topic so seriously.
legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
@MRCASHKING
April 15, 2022, 12:13:01 PM
I heard about bitcoin back in 2013/2014 when searching for ways to make money online on YouTube. I came across a video that talked about mining bitcoin. Can't remember the exact video. But I bought a few USB ant miners to learn and found out fast that it wasn't really profitable but it taught me how to mine. So I learned how to mine with GPU's and eventually started mining alt coins to sell for Bitcoin.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
April 15, 2022, 12:08:29 PM
Unable to remember the date but it should be middle of 2016. i randomly start working with an app. During withdraw, there were so many withdrawal options and bitcoin was one of those which offering withdraw without any fee!! after analysis, i got a little idea about Bitcoin and public Reviews about it but i didn’t understand btc properly then but this is how my Journey started with btc
you know that some people frame how they know bitcoin. Do you know that some people don't know of bitcoin before and it's because of this forum that make some people to know bitcoin. And it will hard for them to say they know bitcoin from the forum and through some one description. Myself i have the data of when i know bitcoin and when i make my first buy of bitcoin. So it is unforgettable history, i know i did discover bitcoin or neither one of Satoshi cabinet that worked together for bitcoin technology, but when i buy my first bitcoin is in record
Activity: 362
Merit: 12
April 15, 2022, 11:49:42 AM
Actually First I heard about altcoins and then Bitcoin. I heard about airdrops in YouTube and then when I heard about Bitcoin, did a little research on it and started holding btc for short terms.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1138
April 14, 2022, 06:51:30 PM
Everything started when im trying to find out for some online jobs and on the time i do browse out some jobs there are options which do really shows up on paying some Bitcoin which did really poke up my interest.

It might not really be that rampant on that time but luckily i was able to browse and able to see it for myself and this is how my curiosity sparks up and did make out some research afterwards.
On the time i discover on what it is all about then thats the time i do start up my crypto journey. Remembering myself get attached with lots of hyips and ponzis in the past which is something
that really popular.
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
April 14, 2022, 06:38:29 PM
I can't really say how I discovered bitcoin but I know bitcoin has been very popular before I queued in by late 2019. The news of bitcoin investment I hear in radio advertisement and social media. Especially during Covid-19 lock down, people will say that even if they are locking down that they are still earning with bitcoin. Those were some good lines that made me to give bitcoin a trial.
Meanwhile I have already known that bitcoin is not a scam as other people may think. My problem was that I didn't have the opportunity to invest in bitcoin as of that time.

My mentality was that if bitcoin is a good investment it should not be a rush, that it should still be available in many years to come, that was what delayed me joining the bitcoin bandwagon.
Activity: 727
Merit: 109
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 14, 2022, 02:00:42 PM
Unable to remember the date but it should be middle of 2016. i randomly start working with an app. During withdraw, there were so many withdrawal options and bitcoin was one of those which offering withdraw without any fee!! after analysis, i got a little idea about Bitcoin and public Reviews about it but i didn’t understand btc properly then but this is how my Journey started with btc
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
April 13, 2022, 01:36:27 PM
I still remember very well I was told by my friend at the end of 2016 but I didn't pay much attention to it. even I don't take anything seriously. 2017 after bitcoin was widely discussed on social media, especially my friend who often shared information on his social media. it intrigued me.
and finally early 2018, the first bitcoin asset that I kept till this year. because of a need, I finally had to let it go.
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
April 13, 2022, 01:32:10 PM
I discover bitcoin on year 2017 because of the bounty hunting, my friend told me to do bounty hunting because it has a big profit that time, at first it is really hard to understand because i dont know anything about bitcoin or altcoins until such time that i slowly understand it because i read some message and qoutes  and also make a research if there is something that i hardly understand in this furom,thanks to my friend for introducing or sharing his knowledge about crypto.
Activity: 728
Merit: 266
April 13, 2022, 11:21:38 AM
               I have somewhat the same problem with the op by not being able to remember when or how I really did discover crypto currencies. One thing I do remember though is that I had strong negative thoughts about it because I heard it was being used by criminals and was in a way against the government. Which js what you would expect for someone who doesn't know anything about bitcoin yet specially techy stuff. But I also remember that what truly made me know of crypto currencies is my friend and that Is when I really started reading more and understanding more about bitcoin and other altcoins. An estimation I have for when I discovered bitcoin is within 2014-2015. While this about this forum late 2016 maybe.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
April 13, 2022, 10:27:40 AM
So how about you, when and how did you discover bitcoin? What were your initial thoughts?  Did you think negatively of it at first discovery and change your mind, or did you always think it was a great idea?
I discovered Bitcoin thru my friend last 2017. He introduced me to this forum and I created an account. I have no idea about Bitcoin at that time whatsoever but he said that I can get information here so I created an account, did spend some time reading some long posts that really helped me and aside from that I did some thorough research on the internet. I'm spending hours watching documentaries regarding Bitcoin etc.

Initial thoughts?? Hmmmm, it didn't came to a point that I thought that Bitcoin is a scam. I just think at that time is that Bitcoin = money that is why I learned about it at least the basics so that there is somebody that will guide me.

Like I said, I didn't think that Bitcoin is a scam or any negative thoughts about it. I just know that it is money that is why I tried to learn it. Learned something through the years and now here I am holding some Bitcoin (though it wasn't that huge). Still grateful for my friend and for all the users who are helping other users Smiley.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
April 13, 2022, 09:28:04 AM
I must say right away that it would be necessary to study bitcoin before investing money in it. It will still help you save money.
Activity: 812
Merit: 126
April 13, 2022, 08:41:23 AM
I have never forgotten the day I discovered bitcoin. Because during that time I'm just a normal student struggling financially to support my studies and daily needs. I remember I was too broke and was looking for an online jobs where I can earn even a small amount of profit. And then discovered a friend of mine was doing this bitcoin stuff that allows him to become financially stable. And so I ask him to teach me, and the story starts there. So basically, I discovered bitcoin because of only wanting to support my financial needs.

And then, I think 6 months after knowing and being familiar to bitcoin and crytocurrency, I was able to support my self financially. So yeah, bitcoin changed my life, and I owe everything I own now to bitcoin. I always knew that bitcoin is something that is why I will always be here.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
April 12, 2022, 03:46:02 PM
So how about you, when and how did you discover bitcoin?
I also have a memory like you, it's not clear when and where I found Bitcoin, maybe if I trace back it took 1-2 days, if the year maybe remember, around 2016.

What were your initial thoughts?
I was thinking at that time, how to find as many Bitcoins as possible.

Did you think negatively of it at first discovery and change your mind, or did you always think it was a great idea?
Negative thinking of course, feels like believe it or not, but my mind changed after accepting the fact that Bitcoin is an asset and real in fiat form, Of course, one year later the idea arose that Bitcoin could be the dream of everyone in this world, to increase assets in the form of trading and investment, I have to do something for the future.
Activity: 28
Merit: 6
April 10, 2022, 04:31:46 PM
Don't remember the years but first heard about it online when it was only some cents or dollars. Next time heard about it when it was 300 USD and I remember thinking first time if I should buy it but was too afraid "because it had gone up so much recently". Checked it few times during the following  years and felt the same way. Then 2020 read about news that Paypal is thinking about adapting Bitcoin to its wallet and understood that if they do that, it will make Bitcoins price grow so I bought my first sats and started to learn about it. Following months BTC rose quickly so kept buying more, kept educating myself more about it and nowdays I am all in and working in a company which accepts Bitcoin as a payment.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
April 10, 2022, 03:04:49 PM
That's a long time ago, I don't remember how exactly I got involved in Bitcoin, but it was somewhere between 2013-2014. I was young and dumb back then, around 14-15 years old at max, with absolutely zero knowledge about cryptocurrencies. I was slowly introduced via Bitcoin faucets, gathering what seemed worthless bits back then, only to be proven wrong a few years later.

I'm on the forum since 2014, I was ignorant back then, and as an underage person, didn't have access to Bitcoin markets. I was lucky enough that some of the BTC acquired back then, was saved till now.
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
April 10, 2022, 02:04:46 PM
Once upon a time I was worried that where i have to invest my fund then my cousin told me to invest in Bitcoin I was shocked and asked that what is it? Then he told me about Crypto Currency and Then i tried to learn more about crypto on online webs and invested in Crypto Currency. That was my begining story in crypto field.
Activity: 183
Merit: 14
Chainjoes.com
April 07, 2022, 02:33:17 PM
I can't really remember but the chances are I probably heard about it on a forum where I used to hang out all the time. Then I googled it and bam bitocintalk.org appeared as the first result and I am here since then. There was some price action going on at that time and people were talking about it a lot. I guess BTC owes its popularity to its volatility. It goes up, it is news, it goes down it is news. You just can't escape it.
Pages:
Jump to: