Pages:
Author

Topic: When are you going to cash out? - page 2. (Read 11087 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
December 05, 2013, 09:25:00 AM
Apparently "the second coming of Christ" was not an option. This is when I would cash out.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
December 05, 2013, 08:12:40 AM
Daytraded/swingtraded until the recovery from the mini crash...cashed out completely and staying in USD until the big one brings us down to reasonable prices.

Ouch.

yeah he sucked Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
December 05, 2013, 07:59:55 AM
Daytraded/swingtraded until the recovery from the mini crash...cashed out completely and staying in USD until the big one brings us down to reasonable prices.

Ouch.
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
November 28, 2013, 02:01:10 PM
I don't cash out, i use it to buy services and goods and rebuy my btc to replace the old ones...
How about we start using it as currency to change our current financial system and not use it as pump and dump and leave everybody hanging in the end.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
March 02, 2013, 05:08:01 PM
Nothing lasts forever. Thats is why I am continually trying to turn a profit on my btc.. selling out buying in.. every day..
Trying to squeeze the most profits possible.

I sell a real life product for btc, I inturn buy another product with those btc, sell it for cash, using that cash to buy more bitcoins, and reinvest those with my other bitcoins, to buy again, and sell for cash... Is this the most profitable way to go about this ?
one thing is for sure, my capital is gaining every month. Ive never had so much money and btc to play with..
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
February 16, 2013, 04:19:17 AM
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1080
February 15, 2013, 07:01:58 PM
I do hoard because the amounts of bitcoins I own is not that big.  Were I to sell my bitcoins into euros, I would have no idea about what to do with this money.  I already have stock holdings and I'm not confindent enough about that to increase my positions there.

I can sell a few bitcoins from times to times to buy stuff.  But the most of it, the only reason I could imagine to sell it would be if the selling could allow me to afford buying real estate or something.

Otherwise, there is no way I stop hoarding bitcoins and start hoarding fiat instead.   I don't know what so hard to understand.

In a nutshell, can someone tell me why hoarding bitcoins is bad, while selling them so I can hoard euros would be good??

If hoarding is bad, it should not matter in which currency it is done.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
February 11, 2013, 07:32:53 AM
never but i may silver out some day.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
February 11, 2013, 07:13:05 AM
I already cashed out. I got out of USD and now have real money.
Mh...What would you do with 40k bitcoins? I would be definetely cash out some of them to gold/silver.
Anyway, Eric, should you hit the bid on your 40.000BTC today, you would drive the BTCUSD to 20 single handed.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
February 10, 2013, 10:41:33 PM
I'm selling when I see a relatively large price drop hopefully just before the crash.

You and everyone else Wink

I'm no expert here, but shouldn't one be buying on the large price drops and selling on the increases?

Sure, but in case one only has BTC on exchanges, one can better seel at the beginning of the drop and buy back at the bottom. Of course, if you can get USD/EUR to your exchange quick enough or are prepared you can hold and buy.

Just make sure your trigger price is valid or you will end up chasing the train.  I had 1000 btc when we passed $2 the first time and quite a bit less the second time.  Shorting in this market can be a bitch.
Activity: 116
Merit: 11
February 10, 2013, 07:10:50 PM
I'm selling when I see a relatively large price drop hopefully just before the crash.

I'm no expert here, but shouldn't one be buying on the large price drops and selling on the increases?

Sure, but in case one only has BTC on exchanges, one can better seel at the beginning of the drop and buy back at the bottom. Of course, if you can get USD/EUR to your exchange quick enough or are prepared you can hold and buy.
February 10, 2013, 07:08:54 PM
Looks like somebody has been cashing out (see the last two steep spikes):

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 10, 2013, 06:58:18 PM
Into fiat? Never, aside from day-to-day for things I can't get with btc.
That said, if/when a .gov tries to destroy it I'll probably be holding something else for a while, whether it be paper, metal, or otherwise.
legendary
February 10, 2013, 04:17:23 PM

That's what I do, but the herd will stampede.
legendary
February 10, 2013, 02:59:21 PM

February 10, 2013, 05:24:15 AM
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2013, 06:11:56 PM
If you are in a position where bitcoins are too valuable for you to spend you are making or have made some bad mistake.

Decide what % you want in bitcoins, wait, sell bitcoins to get back to that %.

If you get stupidly rich you aren't going to keep living like you were forever.

if people followed this advice last month they would have missed out on huge gains
ajk
donator
Activity: 447
February 09, 2013, 05:47:39 PM
If you are in a position where bitcoins are too valuable for you to spend you are making or have made some bad mistake.

Your statement is to definite for my liking, your saying No one has gotten stupidly rich and has lived like that for an extended period of time because of 1 monumental good decision that set them for life? the hardest is to get to the top i dont think staying there is the difficult part as long as your a level headed human being and make conscious well thought out decisions, others might say the opposite but this is just my view,

maybe your trading style is half here half there, but some not saying myself, like to trade and have everything on the line because they are confident in their decision making and they stand to make the most potential gain, not saying smart at all since having everything on the line is retarded if it doesnt work out but there are those who have had it all on the line, things work their way, and are SUPER RICH because of it

Edit:
i think i misunderstood the last part I thought you meant if you get rich to quickly you wont stay like that forever but your saying when you get rich you wont live like you did before which I can agree with,

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1016
Strength in numbers
February 09, 2013, 05:38:34 PM

ajk
donator
Activity: 447
February 09, 2013, 03:39:14 PM
Im definitely more of a hoarder than seller, more times than not I would rather have BTC since its been proving to be better than actually having money,

i think like most I follow suit where I just buy things either directly with bitcoin or sell when I want to buy something with paper cash, cant see how people view bitcoin negatively especially in the past year

my only guess is that they are sad they didnt get in sooner!
Pages:
Jump to: