Pages:
Author

Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins? - page 6. (Read 8120 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
if you are a crypto trader, you will choose to sell coins when you make a profit, not think about whether the coin will rise again, because a trader seeks profit in the shortest possible time, and that's what I do
exactly when the profit is seen it doesn't need to hold it for too long and expect even greater, because when you get profit it's good to sell don't expect higher because the cryptocurrency will change quickly so it could even be a loss if you hold it too long.
the right time to sell the Altcoin that I have seen from being able to price the coins.
 like the current Dash I have on the market has a high enough price.
 This has been the opportunity or the right time to sell the Dash and get a much bigger advantage by trying to use this opportunity as good as possible.
Activity: 994
Merit: 278
I start looking for an exit when the big twitter accounts start shilling full blast.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
TRONscratch.com
In trading we already have different strategists. Commonly people do sell in such a percentage where they could surely gain profit. For me I am a fond of risking. I am always looking for a sure profit but in a huge one.
Merit: 4
Every altcoins holders must have a fix price and knows when to withdraw for profit ,if you hold any coin and it increase in price e.g from 0.03 to 3$ you must have target 1-2$ as your fixed price so just pull out your profit ,no regrets
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Never sell. You just hold it  You set a target when you buy the coin and stick to it.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 500
I'm just wondering how this person makes a profit now and how much. If he wanted to invest about 80 thousand and make a profit of about 15 thousand, now most likely his entire initial Deposit was equal to about 10-15 thousand and how much he earns on it?
Activity: 210
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
It is important to keep it simple when making profit ddecision on your investment in cryptocurrency.  When I  sell is when I see considerable profit margin on investment!
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized
Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
i think that it is kind of intuitive decision and of course you should know what to do and what your plans for the future are
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
Well, it's hard to say when to sell a token, you need to look at the chart, of course if your coin gave X3-4 then you can sell safely , and of course study the Elliott waves
Activity: 170
The World’s First Blockchain Core
Dont be greedy. In my opinion you need to think about your future targets. For example for me. When i will reach 100 k dollar i will  make fiat 50 percentage of that.
You need to create some targets like that and you shouldnt sell all of your coins. only do 40 50 percentage. Because if it will continue mooning you will be happy. if it will dump you can buy your fiat which you already converted coin to fiat with 50 percentage of your portfolio.
play safe.
Activity: 126
first you need to set a profit target for yourself, whenever you feel you have reached your profit target for a particular altcoin, then that is definitely the best time for you to sell
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
It depends on you. The is no specific formula of when to sell them. If you are happy with 30 percent profit, you can sell them. If you are happy with 100 percent is also great. There are people that are awaiting at least x10 from one coin and hodling their coins.
Activity: 30
Before I sell my Altcoins I already have a expected target what price I sell it, so if the tokens reaches to price that I want I will sell it,if it does not reach the price that I want I will hold even for long term as long as I see that the team is making a good development to improve there project.
Actually it is difficult to know about the correct time for buying or selling crypto currencies, but we depend on the market behavior and on the expert opinion, I think should keep our profit and lost margin a little low and then we can show a good result while trading crypto currencies.
Activity: 308

I am sure that the best option would be to sell your coins when you get 150-200% profit from investments made. In any case, the decision needs to be taken individually, depending on the specifics of the coin, its development and future prospects.
Activity: 629
Merit: 108
It is hard to guess the best moment but I sell when there is a good profit and it reaches the price that I expected. I don’t expect too much because sometimes you want more profit and end up to loss. But I am only buying coins which I am confident to its technology.
Activity: 272
"simply getting the job done"

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know seasons.y not be realistic on a monthly basis.

Losses/ decrease in several coins value thou disheartening, didn't come as a surprise to me.since I came on board, I have understood the nitty gritty of crypto as a volatile entity, thus, anything happens anytime. Victory however can only come when one has equipped him/herself with the foundational understanding thereof. Continue, do not relent, you will regain all that have been lost in due seasons.
Altcoins need to sell right now if you haven't done it before. To analyze each and select the most effective. After that, learn the rules of trading on the exchange and start trading them in mind.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
This time comes, only when the market goes up. And there you decide what profit you want and sell only the top of the price. Many horsemen make many mistakes, sell sooner or later.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Unfortunately, no one will ever tell you exactly when to sell, because it is not profitable. It is always profitable for people to sell and buy at unprofitable prices, but you will not understand this yet, in any case, everything can depend on the situation.
Activity: 280
There is no template that works always.If long - term investment is profitable-then why are most coin holders in a strong drawdown?I believe that diversification is needed even in strategies.
Pages:
Jump to: