Pages:
Author

Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins? - page 69. (Read 8139 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
This depends differently from person to person. I sell half when my coin has gone about 2x and then sell the rest at 5x and 10x. If the coin has significant fundamental value, I can hold it even upto 15 or 20x from the price at which I bought it at. But usually i sell max at 10x and move to other coins.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
if I am simple, buy at cheap price and attach stop loss. after the price rises and feel it has got a profit just do not lust. patient and meticulous.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
When you earn profit of 0.5 Ethereum daily from investment equal to 5 or 10 Ethereums and it's not that much difficult to earn that. Don't be greedy. Don't wait for the profit like 100 or more Ethereums. Trade daily. If you earn even 5 to 10% of your investment in one day. You are doing great... What I do is I buy coins at low price and than sale them when they increase in price.. Simple math. So that's how I earn good amount of profit every month.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
Swing trading and day trading is risky as hell. You have to be good at it and understand markets in depth to come out ahead. For most people the best strategy is to just hold on.
Activity: 266
Merit: 17
I guess you overgreed yourself, there's no such thing as easy money. The thing here is sell it when it's profit if you love the coin then hold it for long term. We're in Crypto space you should stick to the rule that we have volatility market. Hold is the best solution.
Activity: 468
Experience the Future of DeFi
This is not a fixed income wherein you can expect to take profit on a monthly basis. This game is more on speculation. Wherein people based their judgments on graphs and their analysis. But what I am confident is, you'll make money here that you didn't expect. Crypto is crazy. Coins and tokens can increase up to 1,000%.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
This is a common situation where every crypto trader gets stuck at, at least once. Being new to trading, you've made a considerably decent amount of profit and you should probably sell your alts when they are still at their peeks. Set upper limits for tokens and when they hit them, sell as soon as you can knowing that it won't go up any further.
Of course it would be hard to digest if a token went up after you sold it but you should still be happy that you ended up with profit when there were possibilities of crashes too.
Activity: 238
T H E G O L D E N I C O
We all have different strategy. The best strategy for me is to invest cheap and cash out the x2 of the return of investment and leave the rest in the wallet for hodl. Then, cash out upon reaching the target goal. This strategy for me is a sure win strategy. You will never lose once you already cashed out the return of investment.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
When the price is pumping for days , you think it will last for more days , and more and more people are talking this very coin , that is the time to sell them all .Maybe you can't sell at the highest price , but it's worthy .
Activity: 525
Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

It is not certain when the time is right to sell altcoin, because everything can not escape speculation. You can make your own speculation to make a profit.
Activity: 72
If it took 20-30% interest from my initial capital. Making it safe before everything dumps.
Activity: 364
The right time is when the price increases. However, there are somethings you should consider. Sometimes the new ICO in coin exchange has high price but this can lead to low price in ICO (dump). So, it is always better to save it for long time, and check the road map of that project previously, such as planning list in some exchange. If there are many suggestions, I will hold ICO. But the most important is do not change/sell your coins if you have not need money yet.
Activity: 245
The Future Of Work
I would sell my holdings depending on the market pace on regarding its growth if I think the market trends within that year is quite good and fast then I would hold it for a bit more but if I think it would take quite some time and its been dragging for so long then I wouldn't mind selling it at a minimal profit percentage.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
Perhaps the most appropriate time is when we need money. Although we need to cutloss, and a little loss. And another time is usually after holding more than 6 months.
Activity: 560
I always sell altcoin when the price is high enough. if I think the price is high enough I will sell it, but sometimes I keep hold all altcoin, unless there is a very important need then I will sell it.
Activity: 144
Ha, certainly not now when all the candles are red - if you are going to sell them to get rid - at least wait until green shows... if you are trading it is the other way around. And now is a very good time to buy ALTS! A rebound is very likely, some coins are stronger than others, and some are HODL'd more - make your choice, just don't make it a wrong one  Cool
Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

depending on your strategy and analysis if you already feel the benefits you please sell because you alone can ensure the benefits and losses if you feel unprofitable resistant and patient
Activity: 319
The time to sell crypto is on your hand and it is depend on your judgement, we can't predict the exact time on when the altcoins to go up or down, it is on your limit to see if you already gain profit then that's the time to sell.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
If you are a trader pro you know when it is time to sell your coins
but if you are not...never sell anything!
Identify projects for the long therm and hold them
crypto market is too volatile and often people ends with loosing part of the money invested
Also holding for the long run helps community to stay strong and consoldate the cryptomarket in general.
Activity: 85
I keep any altkoins for at least a year, after that I sell everything. While in profit. Grin
Pages:
Jump to: