Pages:
Author

Topic: When Giants E-commerce start to accept BTC? - page 2. (Read 1734 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 101
November 16, 2017, 05:20:28 PM
E-commerce, shopping online, buy and sell, services and many more are cannot escape from adapting crypto currencies as payment.

1 to 2 years from now Amazon, Alibaba, ebay, etc. will accept payment thru crypto currencies.

and for Amazon they already have a plan for crytocurrencies, you may read more at the link https://www.investopedia.com/news/could-amazon-be-getting-cryptocurrency/

There are many more business, e-commerce that accept Bitcoin for their services and product.

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@steemitguide/2017-top-list-of-big-companies-that-accept-bitcoin-and-cryptocurrencies
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
November 16, 2017, 04:26:15 PM
Here it's the point.
I want to buy in Amazon or Alibaba something and pay in BTC.
Do you ever think this is gonna happen or not?

I mean, little and local e-shop are supporting nowadays the Criptocurrency Gateway; why instead do they seem to be late adopters?

And if yes, when do you think it will happen?
I don't think this can happen because it's risky that big business does not accept that risk because it fluctuates constantly.

Have you eard about BitPay and Cointransation that was mention before ?
Guard your privacy
November 16, 2017, 04:25:03 PM
Amazon subsidiary is buying crypto related domain names so I think their onto something in the near future. As always, we just have to wait

Who knows, maybe they are coding their Crypto because their influence. Who the hell can even know what we'll see tomorrown  Huh  Huh Shocked
Guard your privacy
November 16, 2017, 04:23:45 PM
Even if, one giant E-commerce site starts accepting Bitcoin, it will surely become an example for others. As, payment using BTC can be beneficial both for the company and the customers as both will be able to enjoy the volatile nature of Bitcoin but only thing one need to worry about is government as they can raise an issue against payments using Bitcoin.
Why? Because government cannot track the income and expenditure of a citizen as Bitcoin transactions will be completely anonymous. So, proper regulations might be needed before implementing Bitcoin as a payment method.

Great point.
The problem is what you mentioned: the taxes. The Goverments cannot control how much they gain so the money they'll receive because of taxes
Guard your privacy
November 16, 2017, 04:20:41 PM
Here it's the point.

I mean, little and local e-shop are supporting nowadays the Criptocurrency Gateway; why instead do they seem to be late adopters?

Put yourself in their shoes.  You are a company with tens of thousands of employees and a company worth hundreds of billions of dollars and a working model using credit/debit and some digital currencies like Paypal backed by fiat.  Would you change?  Do you need to change?  Would you invest in a currency that has has dipped and rallied huge percentages in hours?  

Your words makes sense to me.
If you anyway want constantly to improve your revenues and makes new costumers you have to look something odds right?
In that case they might have to..
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
November 16, 2017, 03:27:12 PM
Here it's the point.

I don't think this can happen because it's risky that big business does not accept that risk because it fluctuates constantly.
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
November 16, 2017, 03:10:25 PM
Amazon subsidiary is buying crypto related domain names so I think their onto something in the near future. As always, we just have to wait
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 16, 2017, 03:08:29 PM
Even if, one giant E-commerce site starts accepting Bitcoin, it will surely become an example for others. As, payment using BTC can be beneficial both for the company and the customers as both will be able to enjoy the volatile nature of Bitcoin but only thing one need to worry about is government as they can raise an issue against payments using Bitcoin.
Why? Because government cannot track the income and expenditure of a citizen as Bitcoin transactions will be completely anonymous. So, proper regulations might be needed before implementing Bitcoin as a payment method.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
November 16, 2017, 03:02:00 PM
bitcoin is too volatile, so not taken seriously
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
November 16, 2017, 02:58:45 PM
I have heard that amazon has prepared to accept bitcoin as a new payment channel,

That can be a real revolution for bitcoin
Activity: 43
November 16, 2017, 02:52:07 PM
I have heard that amazon has prepared to accept bitcoin as a new payment channel,
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
November 16, 2017, 02:41:10 PM

Put yourself in their shoes.  You are a company with tens of thousands of employees and a company worth hundreds of billions of dollars and a working model using credit/debit and some digital currencies like Paypal backed by fiat.  Would you change?  Do you need to change?  Would you invest in a currency that has has dipped and rallied huge percentages in hours?  

You are missing a possibility - accept BTC payments using a service like Bitpay or Coinpayments that covers the exchange rate risk for you.
If you integrate BTC or another cryptocurrency using a provider like this, you definitely don´t have to worry anymore
about a highly volatile exchange rate.

The solutions to the problem mentioned by you have been working flawlessly for years.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 16, 2017, 02:24:02 PM
Here it's the point.

Guard your privacy
November 16, 2017, 02:16:21 PM
Here it's the point.

A member already spoken about Purse so I will not talk about it. But there are some challenges for bitcoin to be accepted as a payment option in giant retail shops and e-commerce websites. Let me list down a few for you,

1. Fluctuating value: Bitcoin's value is dynamic and keeps fluctuating from one end to another within a very short period of time. So if you see a product price is 0.015 bitcoin now, it may change to 0.017 while checking out. E-commerce companies need a way to fight such fluctuations. Because it posses a huge risk on their profitability.

2. Transaction confirmation time: Currently bitcoin transactions usually take around 30 minutes if you pay suitable network fees. SO if you order something, your trade request won't get confirmed before the payment comes to their wallet. The system will have to keep checking for the transaction confirmation and then they can release the product for further processing and shipping. That isn't convenient.

3. Legal status of bitcoin: That is one of major challenges for bitcoin to be accepted as a payment gateway. The legal status of bitcoin is still not clear in majority of the countries. So e-commerce stores will not want to burn their hands on to something like this. They need transparency around their business.

I think these are the three major roadblocks for bitcoin to be accepted as a real payment gateway. It looks good now as an investment asset but not as a currency, at least for now. We need a faster and more stable crypto currency to become mainstream. Sad reality!

While you do make some valid points you dont need to be the flash to pay using bitcoin.  I have bought stuff online from tigerdirect.com, booked vacation from expedia.com and i even paid my satellite tv service bill one time using bitcoin. Normally when you check out you will be given a bitcoin address to send payment to. Normally it is good for up to 1 hour before you have to redo it. If those options not to your liking the get coinbase account and get a shift card to link it to use as instant purchase.

Are you saying you paid a trip on Expedia using Bitcoin? Wow that's amazong I did not know it was possible  Shocked
Guard your privacy
November 16, 2017, 02:13:06 PM
The highly volatile price of bitcoin is a big factor to consider but I think these e-commerce groups and companies will not make a big move like accepting bitcoin as a payment not until the governments has considered bitcoin as legal. I may be wrong on this but in my point of view e-commerce does not want to lose money that they might make from bitcoin if the governments suddenly declared it illegal or ban it.

I think you are write.
They are scared about that goverments could ban their activity if they start to accept sonething that is not totally legal as acception a curriency differenf.

The volatile price it's not such a big deal...
Activity: 224
November 16, 2017, 01:56:19 PM
Here it's the point.

Well they can be late adopters because they have the most time and resources to figure out if they want to undertake new technology. It is in the best interest of the little shops to undertake any new innovation as this gives

them a leg up on their bigger rivals. The bigger fish however they dont have to sweat because they can make a big time move any day of the week and that is why they hold back I think. They are waiting until everything is

confirmed and they know it is supremely profitable. That is how the big guys do it and that is how they stay ahead (although it looks like they are lagging). I do think integration will happen give it maybe 5 years time though.
Activity: 366
November 16, 2017, 01:36:05 PM
Similar such information roll out often, but none has made official statement of bitcoin acceptance into their business. Maybe in the future things will change in relation to the growth taking place in all fields through the innovative technology which is the backbone for our bitcoin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
November 16, 2017, 01:29:07 PM
Giant E-commerce stores are probably not accepting BTC because they do not want to pay taxes on it. They are probably buying it privately and stashing reserves. Or they just do not believe BTC is worth using as a payment system right now, which is understandable as it's not there yet. No crypto is ready to handle the whole world yet so people just have to wait until it scales to that point.
Activity: 59
November 16, 2017, 11:46:24 AM
In the past there were big websites, like newegg.com, trying to accept Bitcoin, but there were not so many people buying things with it. I guess now the user base is much larger, but I'm not hurry to see Bitcoin in these websites. They know which time is best for it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
November 16, 2017, 11:15:00 AM
Here it's the point.

It will be never done because amazon won't request you signing message from your adress for verification, bitcoin can cause some financial lose for them and it's not their politic too, amazon's aim is amazonpay, ebay's aim is paypal, these two giants won't accept bitcoin, can say the same about walmart and beauty products sellers like chanel, gucci and etc.
Also did you think about refund? I bought something with 0.1 bitcoin but then price rised a lot, they won't give me back 0.1 or it will be huge loss for them. And also it's not problem to have visa and exchange bitcoin.
I think its already done since Microsoft is now accepting bitcoin. Read it here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13942/microsoft-account-add-money-with-bitcoin. About the refund, I think that should have a solution already since they accept different currency using paypal, maybe what they can do is that the value of product should be looked on one currency only to avoid confusions.
Pages:
Jump to: