Pages:
Author

Topic: when should you shoot a cop - page 3. (Read 5460 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
November 09, 2011, 03:54:20 PM
I think it's terrible that we cannot shoot criminals for theft.  If someone's stealing my car, why SHOULDN'T I be able to shoot them?

There'd be a heck of a lot less theft if people were actually able to defend their own property properly.

What do you meant you ain't able? You are fully able unless you are retarded. It's just that it's illegal and might get you in prison and rightly so because your life was never in danger. But sure enough you are able.
But why is it ok to just let someone run off with your things?  Why do I not have a right to do whatever I need to do to ensure my property isn't stolen?

Also related to this subject - why can a trespasser sue me if they trip over a rake that I left in my yard?  Just seems so wrong...
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
November 09, 2011, 03:29:53 PM
I think it's terrible that we cannot shoot criminals for theft.  If someone's stealing my car, why SHOULDN'T I be able to shoot them?

There'd be a heck of a lot less theft if people were actually able to defend their own property properly.

What do you meant you ain't able? You are fully able unless you are retarded. It's just that it's illegal and might get you in prison and rightly so because your life was never in danger. But sure enough you are able.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
November 09, 2011, 03:15:45 PM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 09, 2011, 03:07:46 PM
You should shoot anybody that significantly aggresses against your person. I couldn't care less if he was a cop. The right to my life, the rights of my family and property comes above all.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
November 09, 2011, 02:11:06 PM
Never shoot a cop.

Idiots.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
November 07, 2011, 10:33:03 AM
Of course you'd want to avoid ever being in this sort of situation in the first place. Even if you were right to respond with force you either be overwhelmed by his backup or have a hell of a fight to prove yourself to the courts and if you fail be likely risking a death penalty.
Activity: 16
November 07, 2011, 02:08:07 AM
If you're strong enough to physically overpower him without putting yourself in unreasonable danger, you should.  If that's not possible, drawing a gun and ordering him to stand down is reasonable.  If he continues to attempt the rape (or attempts to rush you), shooting him is then likely the minimum force necessary to prevent a violent crime.

Property crimes are variable, but to prevent violent crime I'm pretty sure that "minimum reasonable force" is legal in every state.  Some states allow you to escalate your use of force faster than this, but I'm not aware of any that would require you to stand aside while a rape is in progress.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
November 06, 2011, 10:55:29 AM
NEVER

He just wiped his ass with your favorite flag and is raping your wife and yelling about how he's going to kill your kids.
I don't think I can kill anyone in my state to stop a rape. Rape does not mean that your life is in danger. Fortunately he specifically added that he is going to also kill them. So, bang bang. Footstep footstep, bang.
November 06, 2011, 10:40:28 AM
I have never understood the trepidation that U.S. citizens have concerning law enforcement. If you're so fucking free and safe why do you tremble in the presence of authority? Are they not here for you and governed by you?

Unfortunately, no.  We're not free and safe.

If you defensively resist the illegal actions of a cop, you'll get roughed up a bit, arrested, and then eventually take a plea bargain for 6-12 months for some BS charge so that they don't put you on trial for "assaulting a police officer" and put you away for 6-12 years.

Resist harder and they'll just shoot you on the spot.  They'll get some review that finds that their actions were reasonable under the circumstances, and no one will question what they were doing to you beforehand.  The only exception is if your buddy catches the whole thing on video and posts it to youtube.... Then they get fired.  For killing you.

Want to try it out on a small scale?  Try the TSA.  Go do ANYTHING that isn't completely compliant, subservient behavior (question their authority, complain about them groping you, ask to see a manager, refuse to comply with some inconsequential thing, whatever), and you'll find yourself detained for at least a few hours, and possibly end up with a criminal record depending on the words that come out of your mouth during that time.

There are tons of cases where someone does something seemingly innocent without any malice or criminal intent who then gets dragged through the system...  All you have to do is stand out in some way that draws their attention, and they'll find a way to make your life hell.  Convict you?  Probably not, but they'll wreck your life for months and you'll run up tens of thousands in defense costs.

The US is a police state, and it's getting constantly worse.

End The State?

That is like saying end God , end religion , end any other fictional entity/force we ever came up with.

Extremely hard to accomplish.

Laws are fiction . The state also , just like God and Satan .
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
November 06, 2011, 09:20:17 AM
I have never understood the trepidation that U.S. citizens have concerning law enforcement. If you're so fucking free and safe why do you tremble in the presence of authority? Are they not here for you and governed by you?

If you defensively resist the illegal actions of a cop, you'll get roughed up a bit, arrested, and then eventually take a plea bargain for 6-12 months for some BS charge so that they don't put you on trial for "assaulting a police officer" and put you away for 6-12 years.

Resist harder and they'll just shoot you on the spot.  They'll get some review that finds that their actions were reasonable under the circumstances, and no one will question what they were doing to you beforehand.  The only exception is if your buddy catches the whole thing on video and posts it to youtube.... Then they get fired.  For killing you.

Want to try it out on a small scale?  Try the TSA.  Go do ANYTHING that isn't completely compliant, subservient behavior (question their authority, complain about them groping you, ask to see a manager, refuse to comply with some inconsequential thing, whatever), and you'll find yourself detained for at least a few hours, and possibly end up with a criminal record depending on the words that come out of your mouth during that time.

There are tons of cases where someone does something seemingly innocent without any malice or criminal intent who then gets dragged through the system...  All you have to do is stand out in some way that draws their attention, and they'll find a way to make your life hell.  Convict you?  Probably not, but they'll wreck your life for months and you'll run up tens of thousands in defense costs.

End The State?
November 06, 2011, 09:10:29 AM

Traditionally, law enforcement were to serve and protect the people and the constitution of the united states. That tradition is evaporating as cops are being taught to do as they are told and trained. They are being transformed into enforcers for their superiors and government. They are being taught that the people are their main enemies. To secure the control grid. All wrapped up in the term "domestic terrorism". People are waking up, getting fed up, and thumbing their noses at authority, when its the people who are the supreme authority. See the problem ?

You do not have to tremble to be fearful. I fear law enforcements and government ignorance and totalitarian tactics. It is wise to be fearful of those who can affect your existence. Most animals strike out of fear, including us humans. Some tremble, but others use that fear as a catalyst to facilitate change. Meaningful change.

We should be free and safe, but we are not. Therein lies the rub.

DON'T be afraid bro' ... BE CAUTIOUS .

FEAR IS a WEAKNESS and stupid.
CAUTION IS RATIONAL and WISE.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
November 05, 2011, 10:43:42 PM

Traditionally, law enforcement were to serve and protect the people and the constitution of the united states. That tradition is evaporating as cops are being taught to do as they are told and trained. They are being transformed into enforcers for their superiors and government. They are being taught that the people are their main enemies. To secure the control grid. All wrapped up in the term "domestic terrorism". People are waking up, getting fed up, and thumbing their noses at authority, when its the people who are the supreme authority. See the problem ?

You do not have to tremble to be fearful. I fear law enforcements and government ignorance and totalitarian tactics. It is wise to be fearful of those who can affect your existence. Most animals strike out of fear, including us humans. Some tremble, but others use that fear as a catalyst to facilitate change. Meaningful change.

We should be free and safe, but we are not. Therein lies the rub.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
Elder Crypto God
November 05, 2011, 06:13:40 PM
NEVER

I don't think cops are special, just that you really have no right killing/shooting anyone unless they impose an imminent danger to someone (and no, libertarians, not danger to your "things", danger to people)

So which is it? Never or when those pose immediate danger?

I doubt he'll admit that he spoke hastily. He does that sort of thing frequently. He also doesn't understand libertarianism if he thinks most libertarians advocate shooting/killing people just because they are stealing. Self-defense should be proportional to the threat. You can't shoot a guy that's stealing your car but you can tase him, spray him with mace, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
November 05, 2011, 05:41:50 PM
NEVER

I don't think cops are special, just that you really have no right killing/shooting anyone unless they impose an imminent danger to someone (and no, libertarians, not danger to your "things", danger to people)

So which is it? Never or when those pose immediate danger?
Activity: 308
November 05, 2011, 01:02:21 PM
Really, so I have no right to protect my property?  So lets see here libard, say you got a home and 3 kids and a wife.  And lets say you are a farmer, with a tractor, cows, etc.  A group of bad guys come, they want all your cows and your tracker, and all your stuff in the house, wife's wedding ring and all.

You do what?

I on the other-hand, use good gun control, acquire targets quickly, and shoot.  I don't stop shooting until I have complete submission or surrender.

The "rights" depend on where you live, but here's the distinction. A gang of guys, invading your property when it's just you, your wife, and three kids (whom for the sake of argument we'll pretend are all below 10) - the moment they enter your house you're pretty much "in imminent danger". If they're armed, even better. Unless you live in a completely "won't someone think of the children" state, and as long as you don't do anything boneheaded, you stand a pretty good chance of getting away with blowing away all three.

But that doesn't mean you can put a bullet in someone's back as he drives off with your tractor and get away with it, no matter how much of a romantic, movie-like story you can come up with.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
November 05, 2011, 10:38:52 AM

[/quote]

Really, so I have no right to protect my property?  So lets see here libard, say you got a home and 3 kids and a wife.  And lets say you are a farmer, with a tractor, cows, etc.  A group of bad guys come, they want all your cows and your tracker, and all your stuff in the house, wife's wedding ring and all.

You do what?

I on the other-hand, use good gun control, acquire targets quickly, and shoot.  I don't stop shooting until I have complete submission or surrender.
Activity: 16
November 05, 2011, 05:28:23 AM

Activity: 350
I never hashed for this...
November 05, 2011, 04:06:53 AM
He just wiped his ass with your favorite flag

The rest of your sentence means that I don't give a fuck if it's Santa Clause doing it, he's a dead motherfucker...

... so why include this bit? You can wipe your ass with whatever flag you want, that doesn't mean I have any right to shoot you. These first few words weaken your argument so much and make you look like a dumbshit "patriot".

You know why terrorists burn the US flag? Because it fucking gets to you.

I don't care about flags, I assumed someone who thinks cops are special might.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
November 04, 2011, 01:17:15 PM

The rest of your sentence means that I don't give a fuck if it's Santa Clause doing it, he's a dead motherfucker...

... so why include this bit? You can wipe your ass with whatever flag you want, that doesn't mean I have any right to shoot you. These first few words weaken your argument so much and make you look like a dumbshit "patriot".

I don't care about flags, I assumed someone who thinks cops are special might.
Activity: 308
November 04, 2011, 01:09:40 PM

Pages:
Jump to: