Pages:
Author

Topic: When traditional markets fall, alternative markets fall harder - page 3. (Read 726 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 118
I'm not surprised by other people's judgments, when the bitcoin price drops sharply then the bitcoin's said to be dead, but when the bitcoin growth signal comes with a better price, they argue that bitcoin is alive again. So the death of bitcoin's never permanent, and this only applies temporarily just the same as the decline that is happening at the moment, it's only temporary.
Activity: 210
Merit: 29
Bitcoin has been steadily dropping for most of 2018, amd the stock crash was just reported very recently.

And there is a very credible explanation for the recent large dip in the bitcoin market, and this was due to loss in miners.
The stock crash could have an effect, but it's not the principal factors and there is no basis to claim BTC may not rise again.

The main issue in this regard with the crypto market is that the only channel to investing is through FIAT such as USD.

I read about a football club, which opted to pay its employees using cryptocurrency, if this could be adopted by more organizations. It would boost adoption and would also separate the stock and cryptocurrency market.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Are we really sure about this ? I mean stocks fell as hard as they have in over 10 years but we see crypto market at the same time which has been quite steady even increased recently. Of course in 2018, there was a huge drop in price but most of it was at the time when stock markets were stable and not falling, if we are only taking the part where stock markets started dropping than since that day to this day stock markets clearly fell a lot harder than stocks.

This tells us clearly that when stocks fall it doesn't affect crypto at all, not in a good way nor not in a bad way. Just becomes irrelevant after a point. Also consider the fact that bitcoin and crypto has become quite global and not just some american investment type so nasdaq could drop or not but it doesn't change anything in the world of crypto since it is more global.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
Your assumption will only be true if and only if the stock market won't never be back to being bullish again which I doubt will happen. All this phases including the 10 year bull run of the stock market are just cycles that is bound to happen again, market phases like this are only happening in a long period but it doesn't mean we are stuck in a bearish market for all eternity. Just so you know even if we are in the bear market the gains this cryptocurrencies are yielding are all outperforming stocks in the market making it more appealing to be traded that is why prices are so volatile as a lot of people are taking profit out from it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 20
Bitcoin isn't just any tech,its a well laid down one that survived even when other cryptocurrencies prior to it couldn't,yeah it's volatile and we all know it,sometimes it's volatility could take it to rock bottom but it tends to spring up one more time
Relating it to the stocks with no evidence seems untrue to me, bitcoins have had previous bears and according to you the stocks were bullish then,if they usually went hand in hand then the bitcoin and the stocks ought to be experiencing the same market situation since the bitcoin came on scene,the only relationship between the bitcoin and the stocks this year is that in general this year has been bad for all investors market.

The blockchain technology definitely is going to be adopted worldwide and is here to stay just like you said, but it's doing so with the bitcoin
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
ten years crypto survives that is still young for a product, there is still a lot of potential that can be produced, so you are wrong if you say that cripto is outdated, it really feels very difficult bitcoin prices can reach the highest price again like in late 2017, I am sure that bitcoin can survive, it is incomplete if blockchain technology is separate from crypto, both of which will still exist because both of them can still fulfill what is needed by today's society
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
The previous btc price crashes were due to the crypto market being very small and very manipulated.
Now the market is still manipulated,but it's way harder than before.Bitcoin isn't old and rusty.BTC transactions aren't that expensive.All the comparisons between bitcoin and myspace,shitty dot-com companies and tulips are nonsense.Bitcoin will recover,because the crypto whales will pump it again.  
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
The main issue in this regard with the crypto market is that the only channel to investing is through FIAT such as USD. If there's an economic crash in the US and people try to cut their investments then there will be less dollars to flow in to crypto. Within crypto there would likely be no the same struggles, that's why low cap alts that only seem to trade BTC/alt don't have too much fluctuation in times like this.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
If you compare the dow jones, or the S&P 500 to the bitcoin chart you can notice that the stock's have been in a rally since 2009 right when bitcoin was just created, this means that the crypto currency space has never experienced a stock bear market, because stocks have been bullish since 2009 and right now they are starting to fall and I believe there will be a bigger crash than the one that happened in 2008-2009, based on this we can say that all the thousand's of bitcoin "deaths" where just mere corrections, like when bitcoin went from 30$ to 2$ when it went from 1200$ to 200$ and now from 20k to 3k all of the previous corrections where with a bullish stock market, but now the stock market for the first time since 2009 is beginning to plunge and is taking cryptos down with it, something that hasn't happened in the previous btc "deaths"

This makes me believe that this time crypto may never come back at all, like when tulips crashed in the 1600's or when the thousand of .com stocks never recovered (like pets.com) etc this means that this time bitcoin and other crypto currencies may NEVER come back to a ATH like it has happened before, what we learnt from previous bubbles caused by a new emerging technology eg the .com bubble with the rise of the internet is that the majority of companies (this time coins) die off and I believe right now bitcoin is so old, rusty with high tx times and high fees that it is possible it may become the MySpace of crypto, having said this it is also really posible that cryptos stop existing at all, because there are coins that really don't need a blockchain and are just pump ICO'S that have no real purpose, the only thing that its left is the blockchain technology by itself that dosnt really need to have a token with value attached to work, the world could adopt the blockchain technology without the need to have a pump token attached to it.

this is my opinion right now, I think blockchain technology is here to stay but I put into a debate if crypto tokens will be here to stay.
Pages:
Jump to: