Pages:
Author

Topic: When will Apple accept bitcoins? - page 26. (Read 4064 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 06:47:50 AM
When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

tl;dr Apple = closed. BTC = open.

To be honest this thread and your theory will come sooner or later, because as you can see the bitcoin gaining more popularity than last year , and I think that apple will cooperate with bitcoin as a paying. Because bitcoin is still not illegal on some country so I think this is why apple still not accepting the bitcoin.
Apple were wise enough maybe they still studying it finding the pros and cons, once any of their competitors tries iy, they might think of using it too.

Their competitors do plenty of things that Apple doesn't, like open the platform for development for example. That's far more consequential than something dumb like accepting crypto. Apple isn't going to do anything that doesn't benefit Apple, and if you think getting involved in crypto to please a fringe minority matters to a company worth $850 billion, you're just wrong. Wishful, but wrong.
bitcoin can help any of famous brand  to generate sales because bitcoin prices are often high and which can bring a lot of business to the region and i think apple are doing analysis on bitcoin and they will soon accept it,

As a leading brand and company, Apple won't likely decide to accept cryptos unless they see it as an opportunity for them to generate more sales. Only a number of their consumers would be assumed to be using cryptocurrencies and it can't be said that it would be a benefit for them if Apple were to accept it. Apple should work on other features otherwise they may be left out. Other brands already have better features and if they don't improve, they Apple may lose their loyal customers.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 05:44:36 AM
When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

To be honest this thread and your theory will come sooner or later, because as you can see the bitcoin gaining more popularity than last year , and I think that apple will cooperate with bitcoin as a paying. Because bitcoin is still not illegal on some country so I think this is why apple still not accepting the bitcoin.
Apple were wise enough maybe they still studying it finding the pros and cons, once any of their competitors tries iy, they might think of using it too.

Their competitors do plenty of things that Apple doesn't, like open the platform for development for example. That's far more consequential than something dumb like accepting crypto. Apple isn't going to do anything that doesn't benefit Apple, and if you think getting involved in crypto to please a fringe minority matters to a company worth $850 billion, you're just wrong. Wishful, but wrong.

As a leading brand and company, Apple won't likely decide to accept cryptos unless they see it as an opportunity for them to generate more sales. Only a number of their consumers would be assumed to be using cryptocurrencies and it can't be said that it would be a benefit for them if Apple were to accept it. Apple should work on other features otherwise they may be left out. Other brands already have better features and if they don't improve, they Apple may lose their loyal customers.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
February 25, 2018, 05:35:53 AM
I do not think that the big companies will accept bitcoins.
Large corporations like apple make huge amounts of revenue, so they would get huge amounts of crypto currencies as payment as well.
If they try to sell those large amounts, I assume it would have a decreasing effect on the price of the crypto currency they accepted as payment.
In the end that will lower their profit.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
February 25, 2018, 05:29:11 AM

Naah. Apple is more independet individualis company that construct system just for they self. And think of that i really agree about them will build their own coin

Agree. Apple will create its own coin and try promoting it to compete in crypto market. This company always think and execute things which are not possible by other companies, they have a good team to execute and success anything they start. They might be researching on the road map I think.
Activity: 336
Harmony for One and All
February 25, 2018, 04:36:39 AM

Naah. Apple is more independet individualis company that construct system just for they self. And think of that i really agree about them will build their own coin
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
February 25, 2018, 03:07:41 AM
There is no question about Apple accepting the bitcoin in any case. They are always concerned about their branding and won’t get blended with any other technology like Bitcoin or other crypto currency. That’s very unwelcoming from Apple for sure. I mean there is no reason to go out of the road and stick to something not so perfect. Yes, bitcoin doesn’t fit the category of Apple founder and he won’t accept it for sure. They are already on right track and working just superfine with the traditional payment methods.  Cool
Activity: 196
February 25, 2018, 03:02:50 AM
Apple is proud with their brand and won't "stoop down" to accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment. But most probably some of their employees or even executives are already into cryptocurrency.
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 25, 2018, 02:52:51 AM
We dont really know how Apple will react if they are told to accept bitcoin as mode of payment. They are really monopoly oriented brand and might not digest the use of bitcoin into their system unless and until it becomes too popular with apple users. I mean Apple has always been brand with circle system. Nothing can come in and nothing can go out unless and until large fan club want it. If the company finds that bitcoin is getting popular payment system then they might just add it, it wont cost anything to them.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
February 25, 2018, 01:35:40 AM

Apple accepts that Bitcoin exist but to incorporate bitcoin in their business that would be a totally different story. Apple has their own platforms which is as you said, totally lock to apple company. They have their own sets of rules and patents, meaning apple is not open for cryptocurrency.
Activity: 70
February 25, 2018, 01:11:46 AM
APPLE HAS ALLOWED a Bitcoin trading app to appear at the iTunes App Store, changing a long held 'no digital currency' rule.
Activity: 224
February 20, 2018, 04:48:49 AM

Its a long process that they accept bitcoin,  even other store,  or online shopping they dont accept bitcoin for payment.  But we hope someday bitcoin will be okay and acceptable in all establishment and onlibe shop.
Activity: 64
February 20, 2018, 04:13:56 AM
Firstly, when it will be possible to reduce the risks of losing money from the volatility of the bitcoin rate with futures.
Secondly, when technology is introduced that reduces transaction costs when buying for bitcoins.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
February 17, 2018, 05:58:56 AM
Why should they take bitcoin? They have their own system and their development, which is known all over the world. But if you take Samsung, they will produce chips for mining crypto-currency.
I don’t even understand what you guys are talking about… what do you guys really mean that Apple is not accepting Bitcoin, is it in terms of promoting Bitcoin, cause as long as am concerned, Apple doesn’t have a search engine or advertising.

Or do you mean they should be producing software for Bitcoin? Apple has nothing to do with Bitcoin and I don’t see any reason someone should be killing themselves over the case of Apple and Bitcoin.
Activity: 518
HODL
February 15, 2018, 12:33:23 PM

BTC is too transparent for Apple. Behind all the hype and marketing and the snobbery of Apple, a great network of fiscal avoidance or even evasion is what really makes the company so profitable.
I think this will happen in the near future because apple certainly does not want to give up the potential market in the cryptocurrency world, while many large corporations around the world have adopted bitcoin and some crypto in the transaction and payment. In 2018 I believe apple can do that to increase the number of customers from the crypto market using their products.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
February 15, 2018, 10:45:41 AM
At this point when big players are in a bewilder, retracting Bitcoin as a payment option until it completely stabilizes and the whole volatility concern is debunked. Even if all the criteria is met, I highly doubt Apple would accept Bitcoin as they have their own options and resorting to cryptocurrencies would be a kind of like a setback among all other big corporate players.
I agree once its competitors adopt bitcoin they could consider it or if we the users pressurise them to have it as a payment method they could accept it but until we have stable and fast confirmation times for btc, we won't see apple accepting bitcoin payments...besides they have apple pay they don't need another payment method that could put out their  initiative.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
February 15, 2018, 10:26:54 AM
Why should they take bitcoin? They have their own system and their development, which is known all over the world. But if you take Samsung, they will produce chips for mining crypto-currency.
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
February 15, 2018, 08:47:42 AM

Why don’t you go to Apple and ask them when they will start accepting Bitcoin cause this question doesn’t fit in anywhere here? Maybe if you asked Apple direct, they will tell you whether they planned on accepting Bitcoin and when they planned to do so. None of us works in Apple, and stop describing them as closed, or not helping, cause they are not doing anything wrong. By the way, Bitcoin is not to be used as payment for anything, it is just for investment.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
February 11, 2018, 05:15:30 PM

I am surprised that many more companies, including Apple, are not accepting bitcoin for the transactions. Is as simle as exchanging for fiat in any of the many services that are available.
Activity: 230
Merit: 14
February 11, 2018, 04:45:03 PM

BTC is too transparent for Apple. Behind all the hype and marketing and the snobbery of Apple, a great network of fiscal avoidance or even evasion is what really makes the company so profitable.
Activity: 118
February 11, 2018, 04:06:08 PM
I dont think Apple accept bitcoin as a payment because bitcoin having a not stable value if bitcoin price is stable maybe bitcoin have a chance to accept as a payment for other companies
Pages:
Jump to: