Pages:
Author

Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin - page 46. (Read 17194 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
July 15, 2017, 03:24:35 AM
I think more retailers will accept bitcoin if its value will be more stabilized. Especially now that the value is deflating every day. So maybe more retailers are still waiting on what will happen after the hard fork. Retailers are businessmen who are not ready to risk when it comes to transacting with bitcoins. They will need more time to be convinced to accept btc. It's good to invest in bitcoin if you are investing for long term but retailers need cash to run their business.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
July 15, 2017, 01:19:01 AM
in my opinion there are a couple of things that are preventing retailers from accepting bitcoin:
1. people who own bitcoin are a lot but people who are willing to spend bitcoin are very little. this means the possibility of little to no customers.
2. price is volatile still. it has been becoming less volatile but we can see drama like blocks and split can cause bigger volatility again!
3. fees. although they have come down ever since spam attack stopped but if they go up again and remain high people will be even less willing in spending their coins.
4. things such as chain split. which are scary and nobody wants a scary currency when there is fiat.

when these change, more retailers will accept bitcoin.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
July 15, 2017, 12:27:39 AM
Well, we have to thank Japan for really leading the way for the burgeoning adoption of Bitcoin down to many merchants or retailers. I am sure this can somehow make Bitcoin more popular as it can now be used to buy real-world products whether online or offline. It is now very convenient to pay Bitcoin because of the provided infrastructure.

As with the great USA, there seems to be a slower adoption of Bitcoin from merchants big and small. It can because of the still-lacking tax and legal framework to work with. We are having a wait and see attitude so far. Hopefully, in the coming months and years there would be an uptick in the merchants' attitude towards Bitcoin. Well, we are all hoping that soon Amazon and other big online retailers can facilitation the acceptance of Bitcoin.

There is no questions there are still many issues that e-commerce has to contend with in relation to Bitcoin. Many are showing apprehension with the currency's volatility which can definitely affect potential profits. Not to mention the reluctance of the government to fully recognize Bitcoin.

Probably in some developed countries legal bitcoin of course already available some services both store and other facilities that provide transactions both online and offline using bitcoin facilities, and maybe only time factor bitcoin will be a digital currency that can be used in various countries with various transaction services
U2
Activity: 676
Merit: 503
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
July 14, 2017, 11:18:47 PM
Hey Tom!

Here's a big merchant making it happen.

"OVERSTOCK EXEC: 'It's crazy that so many retailers don't accept bitcoin'"

article published July 14, 2017
http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-price-up-overstock-ceo-says-firms-should-accept-it-2017-7

"The cost of accepting bitcoin is very low," Johnson said. "It's actually cheaper for us to complete a bitcoin transaction than it is to complete a credit card."

From the overstock site:

Well duh. Plus it's irreversible. Why would you not accept bitcoin? Even if you exchange it right away to fiat it's only costing you a total of half of a percent or so. That's dirt cheap for accepting money!!
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
July 14, 2017, 11:13:10 PM
Hey Tom!

Here's a big merchant making it happen.

"OVERSTOCK EXEC: 'It's crazy that so many retailers don't accept bitcoin'"

article published July 14, 2017
http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-price-up-overstock-ceo-says-firms-should-accept-it-2017-7

"The cost of accepting bitcoin is very low," Johnson said. "It's actually cheaper for us to complete a bitcoin transaction than it is to complete a credit card."

From the overstock site:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2660580/df4170b70e66d6d7d2af29018885e613
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
July 14, 2017, 11:07:53 PM
Well, we have to thank Japan for really leading the way for the burgeoning adoption of Bitcoin down to many merchants or retailers. I am sure this can somehow make Bitcoin more popular as it can now be used to buy real-world products whether online or offline. It is now very convenient to pay Bitcoin because of the provided infrastructure.

As with the great USA, there seems to be a slower adoption of Bitcoin from merchants big and small. It can because of the still-lacking tax and legal framework to work with. We are having a wait and see attitude so far. Hopefully, in the coming months and years there would be an uptick in the merchants' attitude towards Bitcoin. Well, we are all hoping that soon Amazon and other big online retailers can facilitation the acceptance of Bitcoin.

There is no questions there are still many issues that e-commerce has to contend with in relation to Bitcoin. Many are showing apprehension with the currency's volatility which can definitely affect potential profits. Not to mention the reluctance of the government to fully recognize Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
July 14, 2017, 11:02:07 PM
I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
July 14, 2017, 10:57:35 PM
"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
Pages:
Jump to: