Pages:
Author

Topic: When will people feel comfortable using BTC ? - page 22. (Read 12232 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I believe the answer to your question would be when the big supermarkets accept some form of btc for their goods.
Well im the one of many people is comfortable using btc it because bitcoin is consider as illegal still there people feel it easy to use bitcoin for their different purposes like Btc save to our lives.
Activity: 350
Merit: 2
When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

I don't really spend much of my Bitcoin , because I am always in fear.
I am not talking about cashing out , but for digital goods.

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

I don't know how to make a poll here , so :- http://strawpoll.me/1793917
This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.

an entrepreneur can feel comfortable when they have self-esteem because it's one of the moments that makes us comfortable with everyone
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
I don't see any serious problems for today, except too high volatility even for BTC. I'm absolutely comfortable with using it, but I face difficulties because of constant changes of its price.
You should get used to the changes that you see in the price of bitcoin because that is the consequence of having bitcoin but you should be happier that you have bitcoin because with those constant changes in price, it might be a huge change for a higher price where you will benefit a lot and you will create wealth because of it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
I don't see any serious problems for today, except too high volatility even for BTC. I'm absolutely comfortable with using it, but I face difficulties because of constant changes of its price.
I also think that even now people feel it easy and comfortable to use bitcoin for their different activities. May be in few places where people may not allowed to use bitcoin for different purposes feel some disturbance but still i think that in such places whee bitcoin is consider as illegal still there people feel it easy to use bitcoin for their different purposes.
Activity: 79
Merit: 12
Activity: 91
People will comfortable using BTC when there are lot of countries accept bitcoin. Then, in this way the price of bitcoin may stable and we can use it as a payment instrument.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
I want to believe the awareness on the bitcoin/cryptocurrency has declined a bit with the bearish market; lots of people that would have helped in promoting/advertising and publicizing it got really discouraged. I also fell when the government if the country comes into terms with cryptocurrency then people can get relaxed trading and dealing with it.
Activity: 188
Merit: 10
As long as we have the option to pay with credit card as well, and that method is cheaper, this trend will not change mainstream IMO.
Activity: 664
Merit: 112
Ethernity CLOUD
people will be comfortable using BTC if the price of bitcoin is more expensive and all countries have accepted bitcoin as a payment instrument. if all countries have received bitcoin then we can go wherever we want and we can buy everything we want with bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 105
For me people will feel comfortable in using bitcoin once its already acceptable to use bitcoin as payment worldwide and if its also safe and secure. Though other countries are accepting bitcoins now but its not gonna happen to other countries anytime soon.
Activity: 210
I think this can probably go in the main forum IMO.

I think the price fluctuations either way could be a big problem. Why would you spend money today when it could be worth a lot more tomorrow, and why would you spend money today if it's worth less than it was yesterday?

I completely agree with the quote. The fluctuating price is really a struggle plus not everyone is in cryptocurrency. Everyone is still in the process of knowing bitcoin and other currencies. When fluctuation stops and the exact value is determined, you’ll see people using it on their daily operation. No one wants to buy in a grocery store where your money fluctuates by the time your in the cashier paying. It would be a struggle.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
Smiley I think most comfortable with using bitcoins if they know about it.
If the government accepts it and like stores are beginning to accept bitcoin as a payment method.
If we can provide them with accurate information and persuade them to use bitcoin then they probably started investing and using bitcoin or other electronic money.
In addition to electronically stored value, the profit margin may increase as you deposit bank savings.
At indonesia you cant pay with Cryptocurrency or the government will take a legal action for people accepting ors sending using Crypto but at here we can still using crypto for digital asset or trading. hope my government will accept crypto for the payment system at near feature
Activity: 350
 Smiley I think most comfortable with using bitcoins if they know about it.
If the government accepts it and like stores are beginning to accept bitcoin as a payment method.
If we can provide them with accurate information and persuade them to use bitcoin then they probably started investing and using bitcoin or other electronic money.
In addition to electronically stored value, the profit margin may increase as you deposit bank savings.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.

Once the bitcoins becomes regulated and become legallize worldwide,it is the best ways thats we feel confortable,to using it as a currency because in this situation all transaction is with accordance with the government implementation and its can be usefull into different ways of transaction and all things are in controlled,therefore those nasty works like scam,fraud or illegal activities using about cryptocyrrency is been easy to detected because all become legal when working in crypto.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100

People feel comfortable using bitcoin if they are aware of it. If the government accept it and as well as stores are starting to accept bitcoin as a mode of payment. If we can give them accurate information and convince them to used bitcoin then probably they begin to invest and used bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. On the other hand, The Government will review and study about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency before it will accept it.
Activity: 252
When will people feel comfortable is when the time the bitcoin become worldwide accepted as payment. That time many people will be using bitcoin because many people will got high assurance of what use of their bitcoin.
Activity: 192
Merit: 11
When using BTC for international trade payment, it is the most convenient and quick to use BTC, and it is not necessary to affect the transaction due to the exchange rate of the day!
BTC is the fastest and most convenient in international trade and international remittance!
Activity: 378
Merit: 111

In my own point of view, people will start to feel comfortable using bitcoin if the government in every country starts to accept bitcoin as a currency and if bitcoin will have a higher value, so that people will not have any hesitation to invest their money in bitcoin. I think in the near future everybody will use bitcoin.
Activity: 84
I think I was too far away from being used as a BTC transfer tool. It has become so volatile that it is very likely that both sides will be damaged during the shopping. So it makes more sense to use it as an investment tool.
Activity: 170
I am sure it will take many years to reach that. Cryptocurrencies need to develovep a lot, so it can become a true payment asset.
Pages:
Jump to: