Pages:
Author

Topic: When will people feel comfortable using BTC ? - page 3. (Read 12232 times)

Activity: 268
Merit: 100
When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

I don't really spend much of my Bitcoin , because I am always in fear.
I am not talking about cashing out , but for digital goods.

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

I don't know how to make a poll here , so :- http://strawpoll.me/1793917
This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.
Knowing that bitcoin was already banned in some countries, it will be a really hard thing that happens. In order to change people's mindset, we should show them more that bitcoin is not a bad thing for someone or for a country's economy. If we are not going to do anything about it, people will not be comfortable with the use of it anymore.
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
people wiil fell comfortable when people will spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%
Activity: 1050
People will become comfortable using it when they realized that it is easier without consent from banks and government laws. But before that, the volatility level is still quite and issue. A wider adoption will change it.
besides that, if there are many shops whose payment uses bitcoin, because if it's still a bit, it will be difficult too. therefore legalization of bitcoin is needed, so that bitcoin can be used widely
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
i think if the government legalizes bitcoin there will be convenience in investing. if the  crypto world is by declaring it as a legal kind of investments then we can hoped the only way to make all people feel comfortable.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
People will become comfortable using it when they realized that it is easier without consent from banks and government laws. But before that, the volatility level is still quite and issue. A wider adoption will change it.
Activity: 14
The people feel comfortable using bitcoin, when the time comes, that cryptocurrency is accepted worldwide, and anywhere you go there is an establishment that really accepts payments and transactions of cryptocurrency, and that bitcoin is accepted at any part of the world that recognized bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
I believe the answer to your question would be when the big supermarkets accept some form of btc for their goods.
Yes I agree with you. And I think when bitcoin can spend in their primary needs this what we more happier and comfortable to earned bitcoin and to make our life always feel happiness.
Activity: 25
Imagine when people paying for a certain product, and the display price of BTC changes every time he walks into the store. In this case, I think people will not feel comfortable with BTC until the price is stable.
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I believe the answer to your question would be when the big supermarkets accept some form of btc for their goods.

It has a point. What people need is something that we can use in a day to day life. That is why it is necessary to think that it will be good for the cryptocurrency market if it will be accepted by huge company. Still if we think about it, those people who are not comfortable with bitcoin are people who do not really trust bitcoin. They doubt bitcoin that is why. So for me, people will feel comfortable with bitcoin if they start trusting bitcoin fully.
Activity: 84
Oh, I believe that it may happen in nearest future. But the thing we need the most is believing in crypto by the whole world and it is kind of difficult to reach.

I suppose, those guys that know a lot about the cryptocurrencies and can earn even when the market is down, feel comfortable using Bitcoin always. The other men should learn more about BTC to feel the same.
Bitcoin is a risky investment and mostly people are afraid because its not living physically we can't protect it with out hands. Since its internet money and it can be stole in nights and without any warns.
Activity: 448
I think that such a time is unlikely to come always to be people who are dissatisfied with something and even if they please everything will be the same
Activity: 700
Only if bitcoin is well secured and very stable in its value, this is one way to make people use bitcoin. Without security, bitcoin is always a very risky investment and asset. You always think of how and where should you store them.

Bitcoin already secure and the value its depend on market demand. Bitcoin almost unhackable by hacker and network security very secure. I think people feels comfort if government issuing regulation
Activity: 152
Indeed, today most people are not comfortable holding btc because it is still legal and bitcoin, its security is still vulnerable and the reason is very much that btc cannot be used to shop in some supermarkets or in other traditional markets
Activity: 137
Merit: 12
Semux
I thought that people already feel absolutely comfortable about using crypto, aren't they? What's the issue actually? I even can buy various thing just for BTC currently, I think is comfortable already.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
This could be only possible when government are more open to btc and are ready to use it a currency ,making people to believe in it which will also lead to people or different markets to trade in it
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
I believe that people will feel comfortable with the pioneer only when the coin has gained some stabliity. As seen recently, the coin has a volatile nature and has seen a great downfall in its market value in the past few months. This makes investment in the coin quite risky.
Also, the coin has been banned in various countries. The coin will become more dependable only when it is accepted by more countries and has good followers community. It will lead to a good and strong market capital.
Activity: 518
People feel comfortable to use bitcoin if  a mob  of people also use it. Maybe they have the feelings of fear  and curiuosity.  It is also a big factor if   it can buy different kind of goods everywhere and also they comfortable if they really believe bitcoin and totally adopt it.
Activity: 308
Swipe!
I believe that it actually may happen in nearest 5 years or even less, the thing that is needed the most is accepting crypto by governments.
Activity: 36
probably never people will always be unhappy and even if they will still be anyway so
Activity: 65
when everything will go according to their plans then they will be satisfied
Pages:
Jump to: