Pages:
Author

Topic: When will people feel comfortable using BTC ? - page 8. (Read 12232 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
It  will only happen when most government of the world appreciate and adopt Bitcoin and crypto currency in general as the means of exchange for goods and services. In addition, the stablility of the market value of Bitcoin and other altcoins is another major factors that may lead to massive adoption by the government and private institutions.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

I don't really spend much of my Bitcoin , because I am always in fear.
I am not talking about cashing out , but for digital goods.

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

I don't know how to make a poll here , so :- http://strawpoll.me/1793917
This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.
I think if many establishments or businesses are accepting bitcoin as payment. But I think it will take time before the people be comfortable on using btc because of many reasons.
Activity: 420
Merit: 11
DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY
I think, people will feel comfortable using bitcoin if the government supports the use of bitcoin and accepts bitcoin so bitcoin can be used anywhere and by anyone
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
You will not be bored, as this space moves at light speed and keeps growing every day. This accumulated drive has resulted in one of the highest return on investment ever to be observed across various industries. The cryptocurrency space has boomed and has convinced even the most skeptical actors to join in.
Activity: 71
If the government agree that this cryptocurrency will be legal in that certain country, and that the different establishment welcome and accept bitcoin, like banks, hospitals, malls and even the transportations and shipping companies, the people are free to use bitcoin, so they are comfortable for this now a cashless payments and transactions.
Activity: 237
To use Bitcoin for everyday purchases might be a bit difficult as it's value is is swinging back and forth, so you will never have a set value for it. Not sure if it will work right way.
Activity: 78
once it is adopted by a few big organizations. E.g Facebook, Apple, Google and what not. My guess is is that when those companies start implementing BTC, it'll be adopted by the mass very quickly, because it will make people feel comfortable. e.g.: ''Big companies adopting BTC?, this is the right time for me to start using it''.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
when the governments are encouraging to use bitcoin and making it legal tender to use bitcoin then people feel comfortable to use bitcoin This may happen very soon when bitcoin see mass adoption
Activity: 44
it seems difficult if at the moment people feel comfortable with BTC, it tends to be due to unstable prices, and to change prices to improve it's long.
Activity: 59
When Bitcoin has more practical uses in the real world, that's when people will feel comfortable using it. The crypto world is way too young now, but I'm sure that in the future BTC will be more widely adapted. You can see that more shopping sites start accepting BTC with each day and that is definitely a good sign.
Activity: 224
Merit: 5
People will feel comfortable on using Bitcoin once they have a proper knowledge about it, most of the people who hates Bitcoin are people who's judging it without trying it, I guess if it's demonstrated clearly they'll invest invest too, I can say that they'll really panic if they just invested without knowledge and experience a miserable loss. The only thing that will make people comfortable is by educating them how Bitcoin really works.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

I don't really spend much of my Bitcoin , because I am always in fear.
I am not talking about cashing out , but for digital goods.

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

I don't know how to make a poll here , so :- http://strawpoll.me/1793917
This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.
I think it will really take up a very long time before that happens knowing that bitcoin was already banned on some countries which may cause negative image for it for some people. We should keep on spreading the news to everybody and make sure that all the information we are spreading are facts and helpful for bitcoin's influence.
Activity: 161
Most people use bitcoin because of their freedom to pay peer to peer with the banking system or monitored by government agencies or other hidden parties as well as blockchain transparency where everything is clear to everyone. But if the BTC can fix it allshortcomings, it will be regulated and popular in every transaction in the world.because btc has more advantages by technology. At that time, people will feel comfortable using BTC as a real currency .
Activity: 28
Obviously all clients will be more open to utilizing bitcoin if all nations promptly sanction this digital currency, despite the fact that it will be burdened for bitcoin clients
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
People will feel comfortable when in their purse bitcoin will have enough money to not worry every day with the question of where to get the money. And that it was completely anonymous. Then there will be a quiet life, comfortable, with bitcoin.

If you think about ALL the people that live on all the continent, it will never happen. Most Europeans, the guys from developed Asian counties, from the USA and Canada feel comfortable using BTC now.
Activity: 167
I think that will happen if all transactions accept bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and aslo the entire world community knows and believe to bitcoin
Activity: 602
I think people will feel comfortable with bitcoin if bitcoin prices do not fluctuate, and there are other problems like in Indonesia, the government still prohibits cryptocurrency from being used as a payment instrument.

I think bitcoin price will always fluctuated because price always determined by demand and supply. I think people will feel comfort with bitcoin if goverment regulate bitcoin and able to spend bitcoin in merchant
Activity: 42
I believe the answer to your question would be when the big supermarkets accept some form of btc for their goods.

Yes exactly, more on investing. But people can be more comfortable if they will know the real score about BTC, if we will just understand this industry we will not feel any worries.
Activity: 210
there is a solution for a wallet that easy to maintain and hard to steal can not recommend any of my friends to use bitcoin, because showing them how to secure a wallet and use them properly is a mission impossible for non technical users they can't be trusted to look after a bitcoin wallet then they shouldn't be trusted to do online banking. blockchain info wallet is fairly simple and easy to use and is very safe as long as you set up all the security features recommend starting with it for newbies...
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
people feel comfortable with bitcoin if bitcoin has many benefits and is easy to use, there is no large fee and can be used anywhere, the government also supports the use of bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: