Pages:
Author

Topic: When will Religions die? - page 25. (Read 20300 times)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250
June 15, 2017, 06:03:25 PM
Probably when humanity gets smarter. But I don't think that will be anytime soon, since it's easier than ever for lower IQ people to have multiple with out much planning and survive. Where in the past, intelligence gave you a higher chance of passing down your genes.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Activity: 244
June 15, 2017, 05:02:11 PM
You must wait until the Day of Judgment to see the death of the world's religion. Because when the apocalypse occurs, people in the world no one is religious. There is no religious person. That is why day by day the religious people in the world are diminishing and those who do not believe in religion more and more.

Is it bad? People are freed from the power of church rulers. They are more conscious about their life and their destiny. Every religion sooner or later will die
Sooner or later indeed, but first the world needs to surpass the ignorance to really become free from religion, truth will always be the best religion.
Activity: 242
June 15, 2017, 04:58:40 PM
You must wait until the Day of Judgment to see the death of the world's religion. Because when the apocalypse occurs, people in the world no one is religious. There is no religious person. That is why day by day the religious people in the world are diminishing and those who do not believe in religion more and more.

Is it bad? People are freed from the power of church rulers. They are more conscious about their life and their destiny. Every religion sooner or later will die
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 15, 2017, 11:20:47 AM
Activity: 443
Merit: 110
June 15, 2017, 11:06:23 AM
Religions made a lot of damage to human beings and our world in general. I'm not talking only about Islam, but every kind of religion, more or less, caused lots of problems.

I'm sure they will end. They won't last forever. But how will they end?

Which could the scenario that leads to their disappearance?

First, people made a lot of damage, not religion.
Second, a lot people, inspired by faith, did many great things for humanity like serving the poor, ill, homeless people etc.
They even opened the hospitals, schools, started charities...
Lastly, if man created religion, it will disappear.
If God created religion, it will last forever.

.I am greatly touched by this reply, and i really salute you for saying that one. It has really the sense and the point on why religions are imbalanced and unfair. People nowadays mistakenly worshipping their religion instead of worshipping God, religion also is one of the factors of discrimination and even serves as racist and thats what people believes.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
June 15, 2017, 10:07:29 AM
I don't think religion will die because it's already there from the very start, religion is like the show business industry it will never die. Religion is good for health anyway so, it will stick until the end.
Yes religion was there, i mean in the past and there we agree. But i am not sure if i understand right, what did you mean when you said religion is good for our health. How is that religion is good for our health, i know some religious people who do not support medicine and doctors because of religion. I have heard of one man who forbid transfusion of blood for his daughter, because he thought that transfusion is a sin... there are a lot of cases that religion is not very good for peoples health.
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
June 15, 2017, 08:58:26 AM
When we grow up and quit acting like spoiled children.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
June 15, 2017, 06:48:19 AM
I don't think religion will die because it's already there from the very start, religion is like the show business industry it will never die. Religion is good for health anyway so, it will stick until the end.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
June 15, 2017, 06:44:43 AM
Before I say what I want to say, I'll just have to tell you that people is ruining their own world, not their respective religions, and I don't think that religions would die, it's possible if their faith fade, but I think that wouls never happen.
Activity: 273
Merit: 10
June 15, 2017, 06:28:24 AM
Another debate whether God exist or not like that.  Only reason for religion to make disappear if humans extinct.  There is no way yhat religion wouod disappear.  Yes you are right yhat sometimes religions causes the differences of ideals and what should people should believe in.  But at the end, some people helps us because of their religion.
Yes I also think so.
religion will die.

I think religion will die if humanity is extinct.

All religions create peace.
But because of religious differences make the war of some religions.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
June 15, 2017, 03:27:38 AM
Religions made a lot of damage to human beings and our world in general. I'm not talking only about Islam, but every kind of religion, more or less, caused lots of problems.

For that question. I think religion will not die, why? Nowadays religion is still spreading like a sand  on the shore they teach their beliefs and faith that every person joining in their religion become safe and have an everlasting life after they die. Religion will not die instead many of them are appear like a mushroom after lightning and thunder storm. Some of religion are business putting big structure like church and encourage their member to donate a money and they teach once you give big to the house of religion you will receive blessing from heaven. In that case scenario?!, its pathetic. Instead, stop thinking religion will end.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 15, 2017, 02:47:19 AM
A study that uses population census data from nine countries shows religion will die.

The data rehabilitates the number of people who have no affiliation.

The research method used to calculate the influence between the number of respondents, religion, and social motives behind why people do not have religious affiliation.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
June 15, 2017, 02:30:01 AM

I think as there is people who believed in God religions will not going to disappear, it will only be gone if end of the world
comes and everything in this world will be vanish.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
June 14, 2017, 04:23:07 PM
As I see all these comments attack the OP for his statements, which are rather negative about religions...

First, I must say that I'm an atheïst. I like science and I'm absolutely not even close to being able to believe in God or whatever.. I accept others believing in it, but there is not a single way that I could be put into a religion.
Now, let's get on with my opinion:

Ofcourse, religions have inspired people to do great things! They helped people have courage! They did this and that! AWESOME!
But are you sure that we still need religions? I think most of the universe can now be explained with science, logic and any other means and the remaining mysteries aren't far from being solved. Only the "where did the universe come from will remain a mystery for a long while, but I haven't seen a single religion with a better explanation than what science can currently offer. That's why believing in god is no longer needed.
The inspiration people are getting from religions also don't have that much use anymore... If you can counter-act this argument, please reply with an important invention, thought, or anything that we (can) use everyday, which has been RECENTLY thought of, with the help of religion?
Hard, isn't it?

Anyways, I'd like to state that the negative effects of religion are seen everyday on the news... IS is probably the biggest religion-problem around right now, but there have been many religions causing problems in the past. Think of the medieval age... Many scientists.. Possible break-throughs... They were stopped by the church.. Think of what we could've done in those hundreds of years that the church stopped any kind of scientific break-through, just because the belief in the religion could be damaged?

Religions have caused a lot of trouble in the past, are still doing that today and will keep doing that in the future.

There's not a thing without both its positives and negatives, but now the negatives are growing bigger than the positives, I think we, as humanity, should decide to stop supporting religions. Believing in God?
Sad, but acceptable. Not everyone wants to believe in the "I die, I nothing" story. I'd understand that.. But it doesn't change anything to the fact that religions have negative effects on our daily lives.

That's a quick summary of my opinion.

Regards,
Trump

PS: Feel free to discuss this matter with me, either on this thread or the next. (sry, had to do that Tongue Anyways, for discussions, feel free to PM me! Questions are welcome too)

Activity: 574
Merit: 506
June 14, 2017, 04:18:23 PM
Not every person confesses in interviews that he is an atheist. Many consider themselves automatically to the main faith in the country, but that does not mean that he is a believer. I don't trust such statistics. Become Sunday near the nearest Church and count how many people it will come. Then compare this number with the number of people living in the area and you will be very disappointed with the result.

Did it occur to you, that you dont have to visit church every other day to belive in God? It is not about materialism, sir.

Vice versa, only 20% of population of my country declared their religion, the rest didnt respond or stated atheist/agnostic - without doubt result of communist past. Yet, about 80% of funerals are attended by priests, people do pray in their personal life and believe in after life.

As for the funeral it was more of a tribute to traditions than the creed. As for attending Church every Christian needs on a Sunday (not every day) to visit the Church. All this indirectly confirms that to consider oneself a believer and to be so are two different things. Even Muslims who do not live in Islamic countries no longer follow the traditions of eating pork. I don't know about you, but for me this is not the sincerity of their feelings. And there are many such examples.

So, if you are in a place, which does not have church of your denomination (like in Russia or Turkey), you are all of sudden atheist without personal relationship with a God, did I understand you correctly?

Indeed many supposed rites are either ignored or flat out unknown to many believers, so? That doesnt make those people atheist, idea of God is inherently personal, they are bringing that idead whenever they go. Thats how it is.

By the way, in the early years of christianity, its followers were activelly hunted down by roman authorities. I am sure, that in those days people didnt have opportunity to visit church service at pretermined time then. Yet, they were still christians.

In similar fashion Soviet and chinese communists destroyed thousands of christian, muslim and budhist themples and murdered tens of thousands of priests and monks in cold blood. That didnt make people around them atheist either.

God is not present in stone, but in hearts and minds.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
June 14, 2017, 03:18:55 PM
Not every person confesses in interviews that he is an atheist. Many consider themselves automatically to the main faith in the country, but that does not mean that he is a believer. I don't trust such statistics. Become Sunday near the nearest Church and count how many people it will come. Then compare this number with the number of people living in the area and you will be very disappointed with the result.

Did it occur to you, that you dont have to visit church every other day to belive in God? It is not about materialism, sir.

Vice versa, only 20% of population of my country declared their religion, the rest didnt respond or stated atheist/agnostic - without doubt result of communist past. Yet, about 80% of funerals are attended by priests, people do pray in their personal life and believe in after life.

As for the funeral it was more of a tribute to traditions than the creed. As for attending Church every Christian needs on a Sunday (not every day) to visit the Church. All this indirectly confirms that to consider oneself a believer and to be so are two different things. Even Muslims who do not live in Islamic countries no longer follow the traditions of eating pork. I don't know about you, but for me this is not the sincerity of their feelings. And there are many such examples.
June 14, 2017, 03:09:08 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 255
June 14, 2017, 02:59:07 PM
June 14, 2017, 02:43:14 PM
All religion will die when people cease to hope that someone will make their life better and believe that each person is the Builder of his own happiness. It will not happen soon, but it will happen.

And then you woke with hand in your crotch.

From a global perspective, religion is seeing a resurgence and scholars of religious demographics frequently use the term "global resurgence of religion" to describe the process of desecularization which began in the late portion of the 20th century.

As a percentage of the world's population, atheism peaked in 1970. Global atheism is expected to decline in the 21st century and beyond in terms of its global market share. Presently, there are a number of excellent sources which indicate that atheism is shrinking in global market share (see: Global atheism statistics).

The theologian and Harvard University academic Harvey Cox asserted that grassroots movements such as fundamentalism and the Charismatic movement/pentecostalism are significant religious forces that are resistant to secularization forces. In her book The Battle for God, Karen Armstrong wrote: "One of the most startling developments of the late 20th century has been the emergence within every major religious tradition of a militant piety known as 'fundamentalism'… this religious resurgence has taken many observers by surprise."

The American sociologist and author Peter L. Berger introduced the concept of desecularization in 1999.

Many of the areas of the former areas of the Soviet Union, including Russia, experienced a rapid desecularization since the fall of the Soviet Union. Communist China is currently experiencing rapid desecularization due to the growth of Christianity in China.
In the countries of the former USSR the government is specifically trying to strengthen the role of the Church because after the collapse, people lost orientation but it does not mean that all people become believers. Politicians who visit churches for every religious holiday, and then outside the temple people and plunder the Treasury. You seriously think that they are believers? People do the same thing only on a smaller scale. This Russian believers are being attacked with a weapon in the hands of neighboring States or Russian Christians soldiers to protect Muslims in Syria? Learn to distinguish the believers from those who only pretends to believe.

How do you make a difference, if someone believes or not? You are an atheist.

Benefits of religion are visible even in the United States as it provides for communal stability, while population of agno/atheists is pretty much collapsing without any outside influence.

In this regard, Russia is prudent. While development in China and South Korea is promising.

Pages:
Jump to: