Pages:
Author

Topic: When will Religions die? - page 23. (Read 20280 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
June 19, 2017, 06:21:28 PM
when people understand that not everything about their religion is "correct" or "totally true"
Activity: 4
June 19, 2017, 03:42:45 PM
Maybe the easiest question of this forum: When people stop existing.
Is like asking when do we'll stop having ideas or beliefs?
Activity: 264
Merit: 11
June 19, 2017, 12:24:00 PM
Since everyone in the world has religion, even the atheists (atheism is their religion), religion will only die when all the people do. This might never happen. So, religion might never die.

Cool
Yes i agree with that.
Religion will not die until any.
Religion will die if humanity is extinct.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
June 19, 2017, 10:07:23 AM
Religions made a lot of damage to human beings and our world in general. I'm not talking only about Islam, but every kind of religion, more or less, caused lots of problems.

I'm sure they will end. They won't last forever. But how will they end?

Which could the scenario that leads to their disappearance?

Religion is a part of a people or nations culture, having a culture is more than a habit, it is a passed activity by our predecessors and can't be broke by anything. It is in the blood of the people, unless the big flood will come again to wipe the people and start again.
copper member
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
June 19, 2017, 09:57:05 AM
Religions now are even funded by rich organizations. 
History tells us that religion was also a profitable occupation, it was strongly linked with politics. Religion is needed to rule the people and people need religion to hold on to something in a time of weakness and despair.

Maybe they are just using that religion as a front and an excuse to make and do things and using religion as a reason. It's not a good thing to do, it's just that you're justifying yourself by thinking that you are doing good but you are really being a harm to the world.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 19, 2017, 09:44:27 AM
Religions now are even funded by rich organizations. 
History tells us that religion was also a profitable occupation, it was strongly linked with politics. Religion is needed to rule the people and people need religion to hold on to something in a time of weakness and despair.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 19, 2017, 08:49:49 AM
People do trusts in their religions. It became part of our lives and in our culture. Civilizations have passed and people pass religion generation after generation. It lives for MANY centuries. Centuries have passed but religion stays. We people developed each and everyone's religion. How much more right now where many people lies on different religions? Right? It will not die, it will stay in our culture and it will be passed onto another generation for them to improve our beliefs. Remember religion is complex, it really is upgrading/improving.
Activity: 21
June 19, 2017, 05:32:19 AM
In my opinion religion will never die or fade away.  As a matter of fact there are more religions now compared in the past.  In difficult times people turn to their religion for support and spiritual needs.  Religions now are even funded by rich organizations. Religion has played an important role in our history and it will continue to do so.  Religion is here to stay forever. 
copper member
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
June 19, 2017, 03:38:56 AM
It survived for a reason, and it will never stop. People do need those kinds of beliefs and I too believe in God. It's a way to become a better version of ourselves but if you destroy other people, that's where you should check if you're right in what you are believing, chaos shouldn't be tolerated and killing is never the option.
Activity: 11
June 19, 2017, 03:06:50 AM
When every single human stops believing in God. And in our point of development and evolution I see that impossible. There will always be people trying to explain something or finding the meaning of life or searching for love or strength or something to feel better and they will use religion and God for that purpose.
Activity: 9
June 19, 2017, 02:55:42 AM
When people realize (even if you believe or not in God) that there is no difference in what version of God you believe or do not and that it is pointless to feed hatred among us.
Activity: 532
Merit: 284
June 19, 2017, 02:28:45 AM
Many people start to wonder whether they need a religion or they will have enough faith in God and every year more and more people refuse to be slaves to their religion. Thus, they will not force their children to impose religion from their very birth and it will disappear after several generations.

If you are in a type of religion where you feel that you are a slave to it, then its better if you stop, True religion will only offer freedom, religion with rules ain't a good religion, its like slavery.

I think there is no such religion exist that way, because its main purpose is to lead their people to whatever they believe in, thus means control.

Yes there is no religion like that.  Religion have rules and laws based on the Bible or whatever books they are believing.  But there are religion which is you feel freedom because it is not that strict.  They actually continue to live in miseries and still part of the religion.  They will come back if they want to.

People in these religions always say that if you love and follow God, He will bless you, He will guide you, and you will be successful in you life. But I was like meh (I'm not anti-religion), the work is always in the people not by God. You yourselves are masters of you destinies, you are the ones writing your own story. So whatever choice or decision you'll have to make then its the path you chose, these people have wrong impressions in these religions, 'cause religions are guides, not the things that'll control you.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
June 18, 2017, 08:43:18 PM
Since everyone in the world has religion, even the atheists (atheism is their religion), religion will only die when all the people do. This might never happen. So, religion might never die.

Cool
Activity: 3
June 18, 2017, 04:44:29 PM
Maybe when people realize that we are all waiting for miracles to happen but most of the time nothing happens, we need to solve problems, not pray.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
June 18, 2017, 02:57:03 PM
I think as long humanity exist, religion will exist. But nowadays, due to multicultural environment, people was expose on difference religion, beliefs, etc. This creates openness in one way regardless of peoples religion and its great. Religion should just be a guide to co-exist with our fellowmen and not something a reason to kill each other.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
https://saturn.black
June 18, 2017, 09:40:43 AM
I think that the time will come when everyone turns to Vera and will not care who or what he worships, the main thing is that he believes. It seems to me that in most cases, the person determines what he sees and how he lives. I do not mean slimming and idolatry, And I mean exactly the essence of a person and his moral qualities.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
June 18, 2017, 08:42:09 AM
Religions made a lot of damage to human beings and our world in general. I'm not talking only about Islam, but every kind of religion, more or less, caused lots of problems.

First, people made a lot of damage, not religion.
Second, a lot people, inspired by faith, did many great things for humanity like serving the poor, ill, homeless people etc.
They even opened the hospitals, schools, started charities...
Lastly, if man created religion, it will disappear.
If God created religion, it will last forever.

.I am greatly touched by this reply, and i really salute you for saying that one. It has really the sense and the point on why religions are imbalanced and unfair. People nowadays mistakenly worshipping their religion instead of worshipping God, religion also is one of the factors of discrimination and even serves as racist and thats what people believes.

So you actually agree with that nonsense?

Let's analyse it..

"First, people made a lot of damage, not religion"
Please think of it like this: Religion is your mind. Your mind is your body. Religion has influence on your mind, which has influence on what your body does. Therefore, religion has done a lot of damage.. It's like saying the body of Adolf Hitler was doing all of those bad things.. But no! It was his mind, which put his body into doing it, just like all the religions put people's minds into doing bad things.

"Second, a lot people, inspired by faith, did many great things for humanity like serving the poor, ill, homeless people etc."
A lot of people, not even inspired by faith, did the same.
A lot of people, inspired by faith, did the opposit. They killed alot of people! We now got IS, but in the past there have been many other cases of religion inspiring people to do terrible things.

"Lastly, if man created religion, it will disappear.
If God created religion, it will last forever."

Incorrect. If it was created by humanity, it might disappear. It doesn't have to disappear.
If it was created by god, it might last forever.. What if god thinks the terror of religions has gone too far, so he stops religions?

It's just nonsense  Kiss

You are completely wrong here.
Religion is just institution, organized faith, not state of mind.
A lot people inspired with wish to help others, did many great things for others.
They all have some kind of faith, either in God, goodness, humanity etc.
God is absolute beings and everything He created is absolute, unchanging.
We are not absolute beings, and our rules are laws are not absolute but changeable, relative.
Everything depends of current political or social trend.
Only God never change.
So, only if absolute, unchanging being started something, it will last forever and never change.
If started by changeable, created beings, without absolute values, it will collapse, soon or later.

It's not a state of mind. I said it influences the mind. That's the whole problem with religion.
Yes, people did many great things for others, inspired by religions. But do you really think that their religion was the only reason they would help others? I don't.
Everyone has faith in something, true, but believing in god means you do whatever he says... And that means that if you interpret something wrong, you can do terrible things.

Wait... God is absolute and everything he created is absolute? Then what the hell has he ever made? I haven't seen anything with that description yet.
So God never changes? So basically he hasn't done anything? Whenever you do something, you change. So he has just always been "frozen"?

So if anything God has made is absolute... What has he made? Please tell me! (Besides "religion", because that's a nearly forever waging discussion)
Wink

Regards,
Trump

Religion is just institution created by man, and can't influence our mind.
Only God can.
God is absolute but we aren't. We just have potential for it.
God didn't want to create us are simple robots (someone capably just to follow orders), but He gave us free will, so that we can have choice- follow God or don't follow.
If we truly follow God we find peace, love, eternal life etc.
If we don't follow God, result can be temporary happiness but we loose eternal life.
So, God created us with absolute will, as beings with great potential but it's up to us if we will fulfill our part of responsibility and use our free will in order to become perfect and absolute as our creator- God.

Activity: 588
Merit: 254
June 18, 2017, 07:43:48 AM

First, people made a lot of damage, not religion.
Second, a lot people, inspired by faith, did many great things for humanity like serving the poor, ill, homeless people etc.
They even opened the hospitals, schools, started charities...
Lastly, if man created religion, it will disappear.
If God created religion, it will last forever.

.I am greatly touched by this reply, and i really salute you for saying that one. It has really the sense and the point on why religions are imbalanced and unfair. People nowadays mistakenly worshipping their religion instead of worshipping God, religion also is one of the factors of discrimination and even serves as racist and thats what people believes.

So you actually agree with that nonsense?

Let's analyse it..

"First, people made a lot of damage, not religion"
Please think of it like this: Religion is your mind. Your mind is your body. Religion has influence on your mind, which has influence on what your body does. Therefore, religion has done a lot of damage.. It's like saying the body of Adolf Hitler was doing all of those bad things.. But no! It was his mind, which put his body into doing it, just like all the religions put people's minds into doing bad things.

"Second, a lot people, inspired by faith, did many great things for humanity like serving the poor, ill, homeless people etc."
A lot of people, not even inspired by faith, did the same.
A lot of people, inspired by faith, did the opposit. They killed alot of people! We now got IS, but in the past there have been many other cases of religion inspiring people to do terrible things.

"Lastly, if man created religion, it will disappear.
If God created religion, it will last forever."

Incorrect. If it was created by humanity, it might disappear. It doesn't have to disappear.
If it was created by god, it might last forever.. What if god thinks the terror of religions has gone too far, so he stops religions?

It's just nonsense  Kiss

A lot people inspired with wish to help others, did many great things for others.
We are not absolute beings, and our rules are laws are not absolute but changeable, relative.
Only God never change.
So, only if absolute, unchanging being started something, it will last forever and never change.
If started by changeable, created beings, without absolute values, it will collapse, soon or later.

It's not a state of mind. I said it influences the mind. That's the whole problem with religion.
Yes, people did many great things for others, inspired by religions. But do you really think that their religion was the only reason they would help others? I don't.
Everyone has faith in something, true, but believing in god means you do whatever he says... And that means that if you interpret something wrong, you can do terrible things.

Wait... God is absolute and everything he created is absolute? Then what the hell has he ever made? I haven't seen anything with that description yet.
So God never changes? So basically he hasn't done anything? Whenever you do something, you change. So he has just always been "frozen"?

So if anything God has made is absolute... What has he made? Please tell me! (Besides "religion", because that's a nearly forever waging discussion)
Wink

Regards,
Trump
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
June 18, 2017, 06:14:31 AM
Many people start to wonder whether they need a religion or they will have enough faith in God and every year more and more people refuse to be slaves to their religion. Thus, they will not force their children to impose religion from their very birth and it will disappear after several generations.

If you are in a type of religion where you feel that you are a slave to it, then its better if you stop, True religion will only offer freedom, religion with rules ain't a good religion, its like slavery.

I think there is no such religion exist that way, because its main purpose is to lead their people to whatever they believe in, thus means control.

Yes there is no religion like that.  Religion have rules and laws based on the Bible or whatever books they are believing.  But there are religion which is you feel freedom because it is not that strict.  They actually continue to live in miseries and still part of the religion.  They will come back if they want to.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
June 18, 2017, 05:50:31 AM
Only God never change.

I've been thinking, Religion always have the attributes "good deeds", "God, He, Himself", are you all pertaining to just ONE RELIGION? You are not considering other religions? Always mentioning creations and stuffs. In fact there is no problem at all in God, but the real problem is the word RELIGION, because for one, humanity are the ones who have been controlling these religions for thousands of years, haven't you thought of, in that long span of years hasn't the teachings changed, haven't the people who're into this so called religion really and truly dedicated to this. You don't even know the secrets behind each religions, why are you concluding that these religions are the ones shaping people to do good things?

No, I never said that any religion is good by itself.
Also, I don't talk only about one religion but about term religion in general.
Institution can't be good or bad, only people can be good or bad.
So, God is source of goodness, love and life, not religion.
We, as his children, trying to inherit it in our everyday life.
Religion is just organized or institutionalized faith, but people can find God also without religion.

Pages:
Jump to: