Pages:
Author

Topic: When will we stop living for the weekend? Escaping the 9-5 life. - page 8. (Read 870 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 749
Do you believe that there's a true way to escape this vicious cycle, or are we doomed to live like this forever? Telling me that my minor savings in Bitcoin are going to settle me for the rest of my life isn't going to cut it, because the majority of us won't ever have enough Bitcoin to retire.

There's an escape and it's through investing, Bitcoin isn't the only asset that you can invest in to escapa. You can save up and invest in both Bitcoin and other business that are just starting for you to get a good share of the company and become rich in the future if the company becomes successful. You don't have to rely on just one company you can invest in multiple companies.

You don't have to look far, look around you there are many business getting launched. Just do your search and bet on one of then that looks promising to you. Companies that are working on AI tools are good place to invest because the future is shaping towards AI
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
Personally, I'm clueless and not satisfied with the idea of spending the rest of my life like this.
What I will say is that the situation is different for everyone, some people actually enjoy what they do, and staying idle is not any better. If you already have the mindset not spend the rest of your life like this, you can set a target for yourself financially and an age you wish to retire from working after setting in place some investments to help you carry on living. You do not need to work until the government's approved retirement age, stop when you wantbut do not stop too quickly before you can handle the situation that will follow.
Activity: 882
Merit: 792
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
At least where I'm at, having two days off per week is considered extremely lucky and privileged, especially if it's two days in a row. Personally, I only had one day off per week, and it honestly wasn't enough. On the one hand, I wanted to get things done around the house and rest, but on the other hand, I didn't want to stay inside doing practically nothing to enjoy myself. Thus, the single day off wasn't even close to being enough. Certainly, I'd be better off with two consecutive days off, but still, is that how you want your life to be for the next 10–20 years, or even more?
Personally, when I am hooked up with particular job, my problem is not a work time but being unable to sleep and thinking about that work. That's good and bad at the same time, good because I'm able to work enormous hours and don't get depressed but bad because if I have free time, then I become like you, can't enjoy my free time, can't do practically nothing or have fun, then I feel guilty for wasting time.

Do you believe that there's a true way to escape this vicious cycle, or are we doomed to live like this forever? Telling me that my minor savings in Bitcoin are going to settle me for the rest of my life isn't going to cut it, because the majority of us won't ever have enough Bitcoin to retire.

Are you satisfied with this way of life, or would you prefer to live a different way? What would you like to change and how? Personally, I'm clueless and not satisfied with the idea of spending the rest of my life like this.
There is but it's not your tiny Bitcoin savings that are going to help you escape. I believe that there are moments always in life, tens of years ago real estates were a good way to earn a lot of money for average citizens, for example take Arnold Schwarzenegger, he become a millionaire by real estates. Then it was something different that was paying off well, then it was computer, then it was Bitcoin, now it's TikTok/Instagram and social media platforms. There are moments always, this is what I understood and I am not going to miss the next chance.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
What is keeping many people from living a full free life without being tied to a particular job that only gives you 2 days off per week is the means, if you can not afford such life style then you must one way or the other work to sustain your livelihood.
Right now there is nothing more i need than leave my job completely but my income is not going to sustain me much if i don't have a steady income stream, so what to do  Huh
Many people want it but only few can afford to leave that way.
Right now, the more side hustles and investments that are introduced to us, the more eager we want to leave our jobs completely. I know most of the 8-hour job workers here would agree to that. However, if we are the breadwinner in the family, leaving our job is the hardest part. That was my personal experience before. But I realized it’s really up to us how we will change our mindset and take some risks. So I decided to get out from my comfort zone and now I’m living my life the way I always imagined before. Though I’m not really making that huge profits, but what I earned today is much better than what I used to earn way back when I was a full time company employee.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 603
What to say about this life. It’s really messy in my country. First we don’t have minimum wage system which means we have to earn our bucks based on the salary structure that is given by employer based on our skill set. This means it’s not really enough. Even a PhD holder here starts with such low salary that they are ashamed many times.

What I am referring this to is simpel, due to low salaries and corporate structure here we usually end up working almost 6 days of week. If you are in science field working in laboratory or pharma industry then be ready to forget about Sunday as well.

Those who are like me working normal job along with side hustles will end up working overtime and on weekend too. This ain’t gonna stop soon.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
Escaping 9 to 5 job is really difficult in this type of economic crisis and inflation , to cope up with the expenses you need not 1 more than one job so that you can put food in your table and meet everyday expenses.
Businesses are more hectic than office job hours because that takes all your time either its day or night you have to be alert and present and risk factor is more in business than in office job .
So whatsoever the work you do yes you have to wait for the weekend to relax and give time to yourself or your family.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 296
Those who work under others do not have freedom. Then our freedom is held captive by others. We must walk as they walk. You are lucky because where you work you get two days off per week but here we have one day off per week but if the office has a special need we still have to go to work on that day off. Sometimes many people leave their jobs despite having problems in their families because everything goes beyond their endurance. 

We can never expect freedom if we work under others. In order to come out of this subordination, we have to do something ourselves, we have to set up some business organizations where we can let others do the work and we can do our own thing. If you want to go according to your own will, you have to be your own controller.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
This is why the new norm is work from home. People are sick of the 9-5 jobs in cubicles where they basically do something online which they can easily do at home.

Hence they work from home and enjoy spending more time with families. Many businesses ended the work from home options and people just quit and found a job elsewhere because they liked that life style.

Who wants to be stuck in traffic for 1 hour then work 9 to 5 and be stuck in traffic for another hour and come home at 6pm.

It is really better to work from home, but again, this depends on the situation. Right now, comparing it to my past job, it is more stressful; it is mentally exhausting, and you know that is more bad than being physically exhausted because, physically, you can just sleep it off for 2 days and it's gone. Being mentally exhausted because of the stress brought to you by your boss is very different. That is really what I've noticed from a physical to an online workspace, but still, it is an advantage if you think about it, but you can't really say that it is easier online as it is more difficult for my end as they are monitoring your doings online unlike in an office set up that you can relax around.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
What country do you live in? Here, the leave is 50 days, with the possibility of extending it for two weeks if you are sick. The average leave is two days a week, and the majority get two and a half days during the week with 8 hours per day.
The problem does not lie in the time of work, but rather the enjoyment of what you do. You will not find a person who loves the work he does who fails to go to work every day, or at least he does not enjoy it. When this is true, time does not make a difference, even if you work three hours a day, it will be annoying Extremely.

The solution to get rid of this problem is to create your own business, invest in yourself and your education, and finally save a little money and start investing early.
I'm from Greece, and the most you can get is actually 24 days of paid time off. 50 days sounds incredible and completely unrealistic for our standards. I wish I had two days off and 50 days of PTO. I'd be completely satisfied, even though I'd still be working for someone else's company. Creating your own company still doesn't always solve this matter, since you need to have trusted people run it when you're gone, and because it's your own business, you may end up working even longer hours.
This is why the new norm is work from home. People are sick of the 9-5 jobs in cubicles where they basically do something online which they can easily do at home.

Hence they work from home and enjoy spending more time with families. Many businesses ended the work from home options and people just quit and found a job elsewhere because they liked that life style.

Who wants to be stuck in traffic for 1 hour then work 9 to 5 and be stuck in traffic for another hour and come home at 6pm.
Indeed, working from home seems ideal at the moment because of flexible working hours and the fact that you also avoid stressful and time-consuming commuting. The issue with online jobs, though, is that their sectors are still pretty limited.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
@Ultegra134 - I totally get you, 100%

There are plenty of people who are very happy to be working the 5 day week and
who are able to have a good lifestyle by their own standards.

There are also plenty of people who are unsatisfied with working full time 5 days
per week but cannot see how to break out of the system, so they remain very unhappy,
which is not good for your soul and mentality.

I believe it is quite possible to break free, it will/could mean simplifying the lifestyle
and I'm ok with that. We are surrounded with stuff we actually dont need, we feel to
do things and lead a life we could do without or not miss.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1179
Me: I don't like 9 to 5 job, I will resign and become a freelancer where I have a flexible working hours.

Also me: Damn, I working more than five days and longer than 8 hours. I can't stay in this job, I will choose become a businessman where I don't need to work.

Also me (again): Shit, now I work for 24/7.

I think if someone who work under other people business and complaint about the working time, the employee is lazy. What make people don't like working for 9 to 5 job is, the payment he get isn't worth or fair with all the dedication or effort he put for the company.

Working for 9 to 5, two days off per weak, have 20 days per year paid time off and the company can fulfill the salary I ask, is a dream for me.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿

The solution to get rid of this problem is to create your own business, invest in yourself and your education, and finally save a little money and start investing early.

It sounds very utopian. Everyone understands that finances are needed, and not small ones, in order to have a free life that does not depend on anyone. Not everyone is born with a golden spoon in their mouth, but many try to open their own business, which does not always lead to success.
It's easy to say: "Open your own business, invest, and everything about you will be chocolate", but in reality, everything looks different.

So, OP, those moods and depressive thoughts can happen to anyone, but try to see the sun in the little things. You have a vacation, and you have a job to take a break from. The main thing is that you have health; this is the greatest value that needs to be protected.
In my country, when we are visited by decadent thoughts, say: "The main thing is health; we will buy everything else." Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com

Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
Even my self still the same . 2 days off a week is not enough but we dont have a choice as we are poor and if we dont work we dont have nothing to eat. Even my self right now is  going to burning out as it is very stressful to me and im always tired as I always working late. Though this is really pur sacrifices for our family and we should be thankful that we have a job. Jus imagine others have no have and struggling in life but here we are complaining of being tired. We really have the same feeling but we just think the positive side and continue to work
Activity: 518
Merit: 184
Time passes, and we have nothing to look forward to. We watch our lives pass, and the only thing we're looking forward to is the weekend or 20 days per year of paid time off. We're working a whole year, from 9 to 5 and sometimes even more, at someone else's business just to have an approximate of 20 days of vacation and two days off per week, with many of us having one or even none per week. Is it just me, or does this life sound completely depressing to me? Our ambitions are completely crushed by such a daily routine; our days off are mostly to get things done around the house and to rest. By the time that happens, the day has passed, and we have to go to work again.

At least where I'm at, having two days off per week is considered extremely lucky and privileged, especially if it's two days in a row. Personally, I only had one day off per week, and it honestly wasn't enough. On the one hand, I wanted to get things done around the house and rest, but on the other hand, I didn't want to stay inside doing practically nothing to enjoy myself. Thus, the single day off wasn't even close to being enough. Certainly, I'd be better off with two consecutive days off, but still, is that how you want your life to be for the next 10–20 years, or even more?

On the one hand, I don't want to complain; through the last few years of working, I've been on vacation four times, from 2020 to 2022, which isn't bad at all. On the other hand, I'd like to constantly travel and explore new destinations, the majority of which we'll never experience through this way of life.

Are you satisfied with this way of life, or would you prefer to live a different way? What would you like to change and how? Personally, I'm clueless and not satisfied with the idea of spending the rest of my life like this.

It is the sad reality of life we do work 5 days a week just to be able to earn for a living to survive our daily lives. We are lucky enough to have a job that can sustain our daily needs and need not to worry for the coming days on where we are going to get money to buy our food. Everyone really needs a vacation or a break but sadly that benefit we have is not enough to have a good vacation and relax for ourselves. The vacation leaves varies from different countries and even much worst in others because i heard the company provides only 5 days paid vacation leave and 5 days paid sick leave. Lucky are the ones who worked for a company who thinks the needs of their employees. Right now i am not satisfied with my life, I am trying my best to work really hard to be able to save for my retirement and to help out my family. Maybe one day I could have all the vacation that i need.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
What country do you live in? Here, the leave is 50 days, with the possibility of extending it for two weeks if you are sick. The average leave is two days a week, and the majority get two and a half days during the week with 8 hours per day.
The problem does not lie in the time of work, but rather the enjoyment of what you do. You will not find a person who loves the work he does who fails to go to work every day, or at least he does not enjoy it. When this is true, time does not make a difference, even if you work three hours a day, it will be annoying Extremely.

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589
Time passes, and we have nothing to look forward to. We watch our lives pass, and the only thing we're looking forward to is the weekend or 20 days per year of paid time off. We're working a whole year, from 9 to 5 and sometimes even more, at someone else's business just to have an approximate of 20 days of vacation and two days off per week, with many of us having one or even none per week. Is it just me, or does this life sound completely depressing to me? Our ambitions are completely crushed by such a daily routine; our days off are mostly to get things done around the house and to rest. By the time that happens, the day has passed, and we have to go to work again.

On the one hand, I don't want to complain; through the last few years of working, I've been on vacation four times, from 2020 to 2022, which isn't bad at all. On the other hand, I'd like to constantly travel and explore new destinations, the majority of which we'll never experience through this way of life.

Of course that's something that the people of today are yearning for. We wanna live out the times just like what our grandpas and grandmas experienced back then. But the ugly truth about it is that this is nigh-impossible in the current state of things. It's really hard considering the fact that most things right now are more expensive. And the wages back then are not just livable, but outright something that you could stand to save a portion with. As of now, you'd be lucky to see people that are not taking two jobs just to make ends meet. Does it mean that these people are lazy or slacking off away from their success? Fuck no. It's more about the current state of things that discourages us from having any fun and forces us to live paycheck to paycheck, weekend to weekend. This is exceptionally visible and apparent in third world countries.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1131
Next Generation Web3 Casino
Of course, I am not happy to spend my life in this kind of working system, but I know that I have to do it and there is no better system than this. However, I have one hope. Its name is Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I have a good opportunity to achieve my economic freedom. That's why I will continue to invest in Bitcoin and one day I will break my chains. I'm making an effort to get tickets for the next train and I hope I can make it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 675

Even after retiring, you’ll be facing this vicious cycle if you don’t plan well for your retirement and solely believe on your pension to fend you for the rest of your life. The truth is that we can’t escape this lifestyle unless you’re born with a silver spoon and you’re entitled to all the wealth you’ll ever need throughout your lifetime. I’ve also thought about it several times and I think that’s the only way out of this life.

Everyone will love to have a different life than this where they can do what they want and at anytime they want without anything stopping them. I personally feel you can make that achievable if only you can invest in yourself and become financially undependable, allowing others work and build on your ideas and get paid for that without haven to do anything again.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 328

No im not really that satisfied specially ive been working on having that 8-5 job for a decade now but is there something i could do? This is the only way on which i could raise up my family on which you wont really

be having no choice but to deal up with it and accept on whatever things that do happen along the way. If you dont have job then for sure your family would really be suffering and this is something that we dont
really like to happen. We do have those day off which we do wish that it would be that longer but we know that it cant really be just that possible if you are just an employee.
You dont have the rights on making some demands on what are the things that you do like and prefer but we could really get out of this shackle if you are really just that having
other income sources and this could be acquired through investment and businesses on which it could really make you do able to sustain.
Pages:
Jump to: