Pages:
Author

Topic: Where can i report a crypto crime? - page 4. (Read 21617 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
January 06, 2018, 05:18:14 PM
It looks like only police can solve you problem!
however, most of the police may not be able to solve internet crime.
There are special division for the police department where you can complain things like this and it will be an advantage for a country that recognize bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.

FBI can do the job if you're living in America but if not try to search on what particular agency is assigned to receive these type of complains.

And also mate, don't underestimate the bravery and knowledge of police force. I do support their arm for controlling and reducing the crime rate and these such acts will be solved by them.

To my knowledge, it would depend on the nature of the crime per case, to determine what jurisdiction would investigate. If this was purely a cyber crime, then the above, or the SBI would be appropriate to contact. But if there is a violent component to the crime, say a bitcoin robbery or kidnapping, then the locale would have initial jurisdiction. Additionally, if there is say, drugs involved in the transaction, then other federal/state bodies could also participate in the investigation, even if not initially.

You are always the safest reporting first to your local police, in the place where the hacked device resides. They can help you escalate to the appropriate agency, or if they are lax, you can do this yourself Wink
Just reported it to the police together with the proof of scamming or any abused in your part. Because if you have no enough documents or evidence, justice will never come on your side.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
January 06, 2018, 04:11:34 PM
There are special division for the police department where you can complain things like this and it will be an advantage for a country that recognize bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.

FBI can do the job if you're living in America but if not try to search on what particular agency is assigned to receive these type of complains.

And also mate, don't underestimate the bravery and knowledge of police force. I do support their arm for controlling and reducing the crime rate and these such acts will be solved by them.

To my knowledge, it would depend on the nature of the crime per case, to determine what jurisdiction would investigate. If this was purely a cyber crime, then the above, or the SBI would be appropriate to contact. But if there is a violent component to the crime, say a bitcoin robbery or kidnapping, then the locale would have initial jurisdiction. Additionally, if there is say, drugs involved in the transaction, then other federal/state bodies could also participate in the investigation, even if not initially.

You are always the safest reporting first to your local police, in the place where the hacked device resides. They can help you escalate to the appropriate agency, or if they are lax, you can do this yourself Wink
Activity: 182
Merit: 147
January 06, 2018, 12:16:32 PM
Here in the Philippines, acts that deals with cybercrime was established in 2012 under Republic Act No. 10175 also known as Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012. It generally aims to handle legal interactions concerning the virtual world. I'm not sure if they have a specific section concerning Bitcoin but it should be included as it Bitcoin is used throughout the internet. The doubts come in because the status of Bitcoin in the Philippines is not yet dominantly established meaning it is not illegal but nothing also states that it is legal so before reporting a crime that involves Bitcoin one should be careful as to not incriminate oneself.
Activity: 294
Merit: 0
January 05, 2018, 04:37:38 PM
Heay;
At first you go to Police Station, and then you tell them about the crypto crime.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1138
January 05, 2018, 11:08:59 AM

I would say they do really have the capability to trace transactions but would really be a tough job for them. We do know how transactions happen on this cryptocurrency world which its just new and authorities are just new into solving these kind of cases but i do believe sooner or later they would able to make some ways on resolving crimes which is good and would be helpful and will surely lessen up specially on hyip or ponzi scheme scams since these are the most common investments do involve on making illegal.
Activity: 124
January 05, 2018, 02:26:04 AM
Where to report a cybercrime?

To the nearest police station, just as you would report a normal crime. Some police stations might have specialized teams to deal with cyber crimes, which may help you.

Nearest police station? Where they would even cost you more heart breaks than before. You can report for record purpose though, but don't expect anything tangible to come from it because the knowledge has not spread to the career officers who have been in service for decades and couple with the fact that the transaction could cut across borders with costs of conducting an investigation will even be more than the amount intended to be recovered. The most important is to be more careful and move on.

Yes I think so. If bitcoin is not under the government then no government officials will make a full effort to help this case. And as what you already said being careful and move on is the only best solution until the world government accept bitcoin.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
January 04, 2018, 04:24:20 PM

Activity: 2926
Merit: 722
January 04, 2018, 04:17:06 PM
Just bring all the evidence or proof then report to the police station then tell all about what happened the cyber crime group will assist your case.

In this case you really should go to the cyber crime group in your place but mostly they will not believe on you if you don't have much evidence. To prevent this thing to happen be more careful in terms of investing money because this is cryptoworld and its not so easy to make a case in this digital world.
This is the hardest part is when you do make some reports but those people wont really entertain you after all or see you as a crazy man because they didn't even know on whats cryptocurrency but these are only on slim chances since we do all know that we are now on hi-tech days and for sure those precincts do have cybercrime division is already aware on bitcoins or cryptocurrencies existence.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
January 03, 2018, 08:29:40 AM
Just bring all the evidence or proof then report to the police station then tell all about what happened the cyber crime group will assist your case.

In this case you really should go to the cyber crime group in your place but mostly they will not believe on you if you don't have much evidence. To prevent this thing to happen be more careful in terms of investing money because this is cryptoworld and its not so easy to make a case in this digital world.
Activity: 56
January 03, 2018, 06:28:53 AM
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
January 03, 2018, 06:14:32 AM
you can search in google.

I think it's difficult to find because if your government still not legalize bitcoin as main transaction, there will be no police that able handle cryptocurrency 's crime.

For example : if I got scam , I can't do nothing because police can't help me except move to another country !
Activity: 4
January 03, 2018, 03:20:12 AM
you can search in google.
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
January 03, 2018, 01:52:25 AM
Yes it's true, if you have a proof of crime that you can used on the court, you can easily send it to the police. If you don't know there's a lot of law now regarding technology and other policy with regards to money that against the law are also used to in jail the people who makes criminal act.
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
January 02, 2018, 10:03:27 PM
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 02, 2018, 05:11:11 AM
You can report to your nearest police station about the crime done in with crypto currency
Activity: 728
Merit: 1005
BountyPortal Supporter & Hhampuz is my manager
December 28, 2017, 09:02:11 PM
If your country has regulated the cryptos then should be some laws related to them.  If cryptos are legal in your country then, there must be cyber cell at your local police station; you can go there and register your complain. I am not aware about any special authority who is responsible to look after such crypto crimes.
For additonal, if your country don't have any regulation about cryptos, you can report as cyber crime. I think all police in most country have regulation about cyber crime.
Show your evidence's, tell them the chronologyst and how many your loss.

Here's the topic I've been waiting for. Suppose there is a crypto crime, stealing money in the crypto wallet, then to whom can report the case? While bitcoin has not obtained legalization from the government. Do you think the government wants to handle crypto cases? If not, losing money in the crypto wallet, its value is also worth the same as paper money. So, what we must do?
For the first, you must prove it is stolen, not loosing or something like forgot the password.
But you must tell them (police officer), your internet account is hijack with loss some money. Police Departemnt have qualification about that problems.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1138
December 25, 2017, 02:32:12 AM
Here's the topic I've been waiting for. Suppose there is a crypto crime, stealing money in the crypto wallet, then to whom can report the case? While bitcoin has not obtained legalization from the government. Do you think the government wants to handle crypto cases? If not, losing money in the crypto wallet, its value is also worth the same as paper money. So, what we must do?
We can report to our nearest police station as you said I don't think that they can easily handle these kind of cases knowing that once bitcoin or coins being transferred it cant really be retrieve unless if the hacker voluntarily give back those coins but we know its an impossible thing. Just like our local fiat we should take care of our coins just like what we are doing in our physical money.Keep it on a secure place that no one could able to stole it and for digital coins keeping our private keys away from other peoples notice.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
December 23, 2017, 07:27:25 AM
Activity: 2506
Merit: 328
December 22, 2017, 09:36:45 AM
Crypto crime is similar as cyber crime. You can complaint for it at your nearest police station. You can register your complaint in the police station as you register any normal complaint. Some police stations has special department for cyber crime, they can help you better coz they are technical experts.
I don't know if every country do have this division regarding on cybercrime. Regarding on my own country it do have a cybercrime division which you can really tell them your complains on crime but regarding on crypto crime I don't think that it would be resolved so easily knowing that these things are time consuming to track those transactions specially its is anonymous stuff but still I have heard some news that this thing is really possible and there are really criminals have been traced up.

Most countries do definitely have cybercrime division since we are now on hi-tech era which they should really consider on having this thing because this is already rampant nowadays regarding on internet crimes.
They do really need to take some action to prevent on spreading and victimized lots of people.If op do have a complaint against on a crypto crime he can anytime make reports on any precinct and look for the appropriate group to handle or to be asked of.
Activity: 238
Merit: 103
December 22, 2017, 04:48:27 AM
Where to report a cybercrime?
Make you report if you have complain on the nearest police station in your places that you are have a problem on like cybercrime or sindicate  stafa,suddenly same as you my problem but i can solve the case with the law of our country.
Pages:
Jump to: