Pages:
Author

Topic: Where can i report a crypto crime? - page 8. (Read 21617 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Crypto Lobbyist
August 22, 2017, 04:32:42 PM
HOLD ON HOLD ON

What kind of crypto crime?

First off, the police cannot help you with most things at all. They can only help with things in the purview of the state, really, and anything that offers extradition. For example the Bitcoin network doesn't and cannot offer extradition. There are no provisions for that.

If you report a crime, are you sure you won't be the one confessing a crime to the police? The answer could very likely be yes, whether it's true or not.

This is the biggest downfall of cryptos in general, the fact that they basically exist in another "country" almost. The gateway has a slightly fickle nature to it. But luckily it's still miles and miles better than regular fiat etc.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
August 22, 2017, 03:04:43 PM
You have to report of your nearest Police Station.. Then they can handle it if your country legalize and have permission about crypto currency because so many countrys are not allow crypto currency and use it. If your country don't permission use crypto currency the how could you report of police because you also include of criminal list about money laundering issue when you use any crypto currency. 

So if you face any crypto crime then you can try to report your nearest police station the can help you.   

Than you
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 22, 2017, 12:01:51 PM
We are report to police.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
August 22, 2017, 10:29:54 AM
Where to report a cybercrime?
report to the police,cybercrime is a crime,some countries have introduced
teams to fight the cybercrimes specifically,UK issued instructions to the police on how to retain btcoins
Australia and the US are working closely with the exchanges to prevent money laundering crimes etc.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
August 21, 2017, 08:13:36 AM

To the nearest police station, just as you would report a normal crime. Some police stations might have specialized teams to deal with cyber crimes, which may help you.

Here in my country, we already have a law focused on cybercrimes and a special division of the police was put up for this purpose. However, I think ordinary policemen are already equipped to deal with cybercrimes. As more and more people get into the online world, we should be expecting an increase in cybercrimes, that is for sure. Well, scams are everywhere online and we have hacking and phishing. I too have been a victim of phishing lately but I just cry and never reported the said thing as I am sure police could not help me.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
August 21, 2017, 02:01:32 AM

To the nearest police station, just as you would report a normal crime. Some police stations might have specialized teams to deal with cyber crimes, which may help you.

Nearest police station? Where they would even cost you more heart breaks than before. You can report for record purpose though, but don't expect anything tangible to come from it because the knowledge has not spread to the career officers who have been in service for decades and couple with the fact that the transaction could cut across borders with costs of conducting an investigation will even be more than the amount intended to be recovered. The most important is to be more careful and move on.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
August 20, 2017, 04:47:57 PM

Activity: 244
Merit: 100
August 20, 2017, 10:47:40 AM
Pages:
Jump to: