Pages:
Author

Topic: Where can i report a crypto crime? - page 6. (Read 21617 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
October 03, 2017, 11:16:59 AM
police station
Activity: 1036
Merit: 294
October 02, 2017, 12:08:32 AM
Where to report a cybercrime?

To the nearest police station, just as you would report a normal crime. Some police stations might have specialized teams to deal with cyber crimes, which may help you.
Yeah but you  can even report that crime in the internet  if you have internet. Police department have a website that you can reach and report any crime. They have a team that corresponds for that particular crime.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
September 30, 2017, 01:03:45 PM
In our country there have being few cypto crime reports already being done and they being done in the local police station to the area where they belong to. Than after gathering the information the report is being prepared by the police and then the case proceeds further where the police try to catch hold the culprit.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
September 30, 2017, 10:28:43 AM

Cybercrime can be reported at local police station as all the police stations have their special department to investigate the cyber crime. Recently there has been significant growth in such crimes; therefore corrective steps should be taken to stop such crimes.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
September 29, 2017, 09:09:06 AM

In my country there is a special agency that handle with every crime associated with the cyber crime, they are in the form of direct government to overcome and prosecute cyber criminals, this is shaped because more and more people are abusing the internet to commit crimes. we can report any crime related to the cyber world in the agency.
Such services now exist in all countries but their efficiency is very low. If any student interest broke your Inbox then the likelihood is that he will find there. But if you want to help you to find the hacker who hacked your account on the exchange or e-wallet that's practically impossible. Crimes are easier to prevent than to deal with their consequences.
Activity: 116
September 29, 2017, 08:37:18 AM

In my country there is a special agency that handle with every crime associated with the cyber crime, they are in the form of direct government to overcome and prosecute cyber criminals, this is shaped because more and more people are abusing the internet to commit crimes. we can report any crime related to the cyber world in the agency.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 28, 2017, 08:38:13 PM
hello there i made a transfer from polinex to coinbase in USDT Tether where coinbase don't accept USDT , so they only deposited $.10 from $3509.62 into my account the remaining balance is missing anyone can help how to recover the missing coins
Activity: 806
Merit: 507
Trusted Campaign manager
September 28, 2017, 03:24:14 PM

You can report it to the local police station, then their cyber crime unit will take care of the further investigations. First check the local laws and other guidelines related to the cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 476
Merit: 254
September 24, 2017, 04:46:54 PM
If you live somewhere in the UK or America then the law enforcement might do something about it but if you leave in Africa, I guess you should not bother because its going to be a complete waste of time either eay, its good that the complaints should come for documentation purposes but don't expect your fund will be recovered in the first instance.
Activity: 518
Merit: 257
September 24, 2017, 03:31:55 PM
If Crypto-currency is legal in your country then go to your nearest Police station, they will refer your case to Cyber Cell. But if it's a BITCOIN transaction then it could be really difficult to catch the culprit. Still Report the crime ASAP.
But if are from a country like Bangladesh, Thailand etc where Crypto is Illegal, Don't ever go to Police station otherwise you could be behind the bars. Rest at your place and forget the incident.
Activity: 134
Merit: 11
September 24, 2017, 02:48:25 PM
I think the FBI has the tools to deal with a crypto crime.  You can check with local or state police in the USA and see if they have the tools and knowledge to make an arrest for a crime, and prosecute the crime and have the charges stick and compensate you for your losses.
Activity: 806
Merit: 507
Trusted Campaign manager
September 24, 2017, 02:36:26 PM
If the Cryptos are legal in your country then you can file the complain at the nearest police station, their cyber cell will investigate such crimes. But if its illegal then think you can not report such crimes to anywhere.
Activity: 420
September 17, 2017, 01:10:17 PM
You can go to the nearest Police Station, you can report about your complaints hopefully can be resolved as expected
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
September 16, 2017, 08:02:14 AM
cybercrime investigating department
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
September 16, 2017, 06:58:46 AM

New police force is mandated to one specific cases like scam site, pyramiding by using internet and social media platforms, hacking, identity theft and even bitcoin related crimes. They are part of the National Police force but belong on cyber crime group. It is as far as I know in our country, maybe it is different in every country. Like USA with CIA c/o Cyber crime division.
Activity: 212
I am a Professional Graphic Designer
September 16, 2017, 01:08:01 AM
which kind of crime was happened, that I don't know. You should go your area's police station. Simply you can describe what you have seen or about crypto crime that you have faced. Most of the police department has a special branch for cybercrime, you may have to go there.
Activity: 544
Merit: 506
September 15, 2017, 04:40:53 PM

I think that depend on the country you live in. Not every country has a cybercrime department or even a cyber crimes laws.
I think we are not yet developed in order to follow a real cyber crime and catch the perpretrator of such crimes... sad history.  Sad
Activity: 70
Crypto Lobbyist
September 15, 2017, 02:36:44 PM
Policing agencies can use bitcoin for tracking. The problem is they need pre-existing targets to make it very useful. If you are hacked then you can show them your address, but by the time they get to you, who knows what has happened to the bitcoin. Who knows if the private address holder is in your country. Unless it's repeatedly used by bad people, like for terrorism, they won't have any way to go out and reclaim it. It's like if someone steals a $20 bill from you. Even if you have the serial number and it gets read at a bank one day, that doesn't invalidate the other 100 transactions it has legally been used for, at all.

But no matter what details you have, literally unless it's your cousin whom has your Nano Ledger in his glove box, they can't recover anything for you. And even at that, there may not be any funds left on it. No government can force a change on any cryptocurrency ledger that is decentralized.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
September 15, 2017, 01:01:24 AM
How can I report to police when bitcoin is not even recognized in my country LOL

I think that is not logical at all, all crimes that harms you or even anyone you know with or without any recognitions by government or law against it as long as it cause damages to you or to your family. Can be reported on any local police and be investigated by the authorities for any reason. That's what they we're mandated to perform. I don't think they have the right to refused for in the first place they are public servants.

Well, the problem is that whatever happens with Bitcoin effectively pretty much happened in another country. What are the police suppose to do? Hire a bunch of hackers?

Do they really have to hired any hackers? I don't know if your aware of your countries ability or specific agency to be on topped on this. I think it only shows how you belittle your own countries technological capacity on providing protection to your own citizens. Maybe your right in some point that every country have different adaptation toward cyber warfare so I understand. I think you now need to check for your country and criticize them for they're incompetence.
Activity: 70
Crypto Lobbyist
September 14, 2017, 04:37:39 PM
How can I report to police when bitcoin is not even recognized in my country LOL

I think that is not logical at all, all crimes that harms you or even anyone you know with or without any recognitions by government or law against it as long as it cause damages to you or to your family. Can be reported on any local police and be investigated by the authorities for any reason. That's what they we're mandated to perform. I don't think they have the right to refused for in the first place they are public servants.

Well, the problem is that whatever happens with Bitcoin effectively pretty much happened in another country. What are the police suppose to do? Hire a bunch of hackers?
Pages:
Jump to: