Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you hold your coins? - page 10. (Read 3715 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 31, 2017, 03:33:36 AM
Definitely MEW and Trezor 
Activity: 1498
Merit: 443
October 31, 2017, 03:30:38 AM
for now, I still hold Dogecoin because Dogecoin is cheap and suitable for trading stage of learning.
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
Start my crypto for better world
October 31, 2017, 03:24:30 AM
Coinomi  from Google Play Store, it is awesome, support many potential coin. we call it Offline Wallet!

The only thing u have to know is the 12 seeds from starting, u have to keep it very careful, in doc, email or print it out.
Besides, the password u have to keep in mind too.

I use for exchange the coin each other, but not every of coin token support!

New updated coinomi can switch the transaction fees easily, can support many kind of token under eth wallet.

Cheers, hope it helpful for u
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
October 31, 2017, 03:21:15 AM
So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

I hold my tokens in myetherwallet. If I convert it to Eth, I will still jold it in myetherwallet. But if I convert it to Bitcoin, I will hold kt in my account in coins.ph. Coins.ph is the wallet I used in storing my converted money before I cash it out.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
October 31, 2017, 03:19:13 AM
Wallet, exchange, Hardware Ledger

Trust me, you wouldn't wanted to hold everything in one place

Exchange = Could be hacked
Local Computer = Could be infect with Virus, Keylogger and etc

The best practice is to get a public ledger wallet, so your Cryptos don't get steal unless they had ur hardware ledger wallet + Pin  Grin

This is the really the best idea but for me that doesn't have a ledger, cold storage wallet will be my last resort. So far, I did not experience any situation that those hackers had stole any of my coins so I can say that holding it in a desktop wallet is safe.
Activity: 826
October 31, 2017, 03:18:16 AM
imtoken and mew thats what im using Smiley
Yea, imToken is a good wallet. I like it even more then MEW.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
October 31, 2017, 02:59:12 AM
Wallet, exchange, Hardware Ledger

Trust me, you wouldn't wanted to hold everything in one place

Exchange = Could be hacked
Local Computer = Could be infect with Virus, Keylogger and etc

The best practice is to get a public ledger wallet, so your Cryptos don't get steal unless they had ur hardware ledger wallet + Pin  Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
VIMee - Social Network
October 31, 2017, 01:28:04 AM
Most of time I used to buy ETH smart contract coins only because those I can save in MEW. I can easily access to those even while traveling, most of time I used to travel different areas and I will carry my private key along with me in order to sell them when the price increases.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
October 31, 2017, 01:23:20 AM
I am just holding my coins in an exchange because i do trade often and i am not holding the coins that are good for trading because i am comfortable to trade them than to hold them because i can make consistent profit with them and i am just going to hold my coins if there is a huge dip but most of the times they are just in an exchange.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
October 31, 2017, 01:16:31 AM
I use trezor and MEW for BTC and ETH (and ERC-20 Tokens)

For any kind of staked coins, I'll use whatever native wallet that I need to

Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
October 31, 2017, 12:53:50 AM
I think you should put on offline wallet. It is safety. Hackers now are more dangerous. Don't lose your money by stupid way.  Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
October 31, 2017, 12:30:04 AM
the safer place to hold any coins is on the desktop wallet
just download gere https://nebl.io/wallets
but for faster profit you can hold in exchange, so you can sell the coin in any price with pending order
yes hold in exchange is pretty good. fast mobility. and reduce fee for trading i case you want to trading.
Activity: 378
October 30, 2017, 11:20:09 PM
Yup, never hold large amount of coins on exchanges. Or dont hold on exchange for a long period of time. Get a hardware wallet, if not possible for the coin get a desktop wallet for that praticular coin.
Or you can do what i do, i hide my coins in my socks while i sleep at night.
Activity: 21
October 30, 2017, 11:07:46 PM
imtoken and mew thats what im using Smiley
Activity: 476
October 29, 2017, 04:14:51 PM
We all were part of that great project Nebilo and I made some good profit both in bounty and investing to purchase the token. You can share tr your coins between cryptopia and  other exchanges. You can keep some at Bittrex , Coinexchange and HitBtc.
Activity: 280
October 29, 2017, 03:58:55 PM
I'm rocking out with a Ledger Nano S.

New purchases are going to make that option unviable though, so I might airgap a linux laptop to store new tokens. Certain coins I'll probably keep on a good exchange though, some tokens I'm going to want to have sell orders on in order to catch pump waves.
Activity: 225
Presale is live!
October 29, 2017, 02:40:48 PM
I don’t have many coins recently but when I do i hold them different wallet websites. Wish I could hold them in my real wallet just like real money.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
October 29, 2017, 02:16:41 PM
I personally created a desktop wallet for myself, and in principle I do not see any problems, because I do not face the stock exchange. After all, the exchange is such a fickle. If suddenly the course collapses, then no one compensates you for it. And then you will remain in a big minus. And this would not want to admit. Therefore, like all, I advise a desktop wallet.
Activity: 55
October 29, 2017, 01:18:52 PM
The best place from my point of view is that wallet which hold the private key for securing the wallet from anyone i would suggest desktop wallet is the best wallet for storing the coins.
Activity: 460
Merit: 12
October 29, 2017, 01:03:40 PM
I don't trust any online services so I keep all of my altcoins in their dev-approved personal wallets. You should only keep your coins in an exchange if you are planning to make a trade, otherwise get them out of there. Research past history of exchanges such as Mt. Gox and you will see why you can't trust exchanges. Even Bittrex is banning accounts with no warning recently. You don't actually own your coins unless you are in control of their private keys.

Yes, it's a pain to keep track of all the individual wallets but you won't regret it when some BS happens at the exchanges.
Pages:
Jump to: