Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you hold your coins? - page 5. (Read 3715 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 07, 2017, 01:02:09 PM
So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

Trezor, if it doesn't support the coin, then desktop wallet.
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
November 07, 2017, 12:57:43 PM
It depends on the coins which coins you have in your portfolio, if you have staking coins then you have to download the wallet of that coin and add your coins and get benefits of staking for holding. If you have erc20 tokens or coins then you can use myetherwallet.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
November 07, 2017, 12:39:40 PM
the safest wallet is the offline wallet but there is still a risk that if the pc where you keep the offline wallet is destroyed then you can not do anything, print the wallet on a old printer with no internet connexion and no memory, then you can still lose the paper, so there is no safe, there is always a risk

It's pretty tough to get coins 100% secured because there is a lot of software that can break wallets. Just keep it encrypted and hope for the best.

I agree it will be impossible to have it 100% secured. You can't secure everything but we can make it harder so that it will take a long time for hackers to break in.

I hold my coins mostly online because i think this is better than storing it on your laptop. They can easily steal it with a wallet stealer.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
November 07, 2017, 12:38:32 PM
Keep the coins in stock of the wallet to facilitate the exchange but lately a lot of new coins seem to be garbage in the wallet. And that still becomes garbage will appear https://www.myetherwallet.com/
Activity: 518
November 07, 2017, 12:30:43 PM
I hold coins using wallet exchanger. Because it's more practical, except for the PoS altcoin, I will store it in desktop wallet as it can provide growth.
Activity: 490
November 07, 2017, 12:19:45 PM
I make sure all my coin are held in a wallet that i have the private key. For long term holding , I have coins in paper wallet. And for short term holding, I have those coin in hot wallet!
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
November 07, 2017, 09:30:57 AM
for me I just trust myetherwallet for holding my altcoins and using this for less than a year with no issues because it is secure with an online server than offline wallet with just your own PC.
Activity: 101
November 07, 2017, 08:57:54 AM
I use a separate machine offline desktop wallet specifically myetherwallet. I do routine backups and paper backup. Hardware wallets are best but not a necessity unless you move around a lot and have to take stuff with you in my opinion. I rather play it safe than trusting anyone holding my coins and tokens over the net.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
November 07, 2017, 08:49:15 AM
I use myetherwallet for storing my coins and tokens. It's free so everyone can get their wallet in seconds but I prefer hardware wallet for more secure but I don't need it this time. Free wallets also available for Android app like Ethereum wallet by freewallet.org and Bitcoin wallet from Bitcoin.com and blockchain.info.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
November 06, 2017, 07:06:07 PM
Trezor works well and is fairly easy to set up with step by step instructions. You can complete the set up, understand how it works and transfer your coins in less than twenty minutes. 
Activity: 182
November 06, 2017, 06:56:33 PM
In your opinion, it is advisable to store on a computer the crypto currency offline or better to use online services and desktop applications?
Activity: 70
November 06, 2017, 02:40:50 PM
Desktop wallet ,in my opinion is safest and don't forget to keep an eye on the coin's performance on the exchange
Activity: 658
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
November 06, 2017, 02:32:09 PM
If you do not want to keep the coin on the floor and exchange them you can go to Neblio's home page which will give you the hard purses you can put in them and when you want to sell them you can depostit on exchanger.
link: https://nebl.io/wallets/
Activity: 260
Merit: 129
November 06, 2017, 02:30:31 PM
My BTC are in cold storage. My alt are inexchange or go to coldstorage too if I hold for a long time. For the few airdrop that I did there are not secures on my computer. If someone hack my airdrop (they have little value too me) I'll know that my computer is compromised and deal with it with a wipe/reset etc.
Activity: 70
November 06, 2017, 02:26:04 PM
I think the safest way to hold a long-term coin is in a cold storage either paper wallet or physical devices both have some advantages and disadvantages, but if your coin project is had a feature of staking or master node you better keep it on a computer that runs at 7/24 and set a strong encryption on that computer and set a specific IP address that can only access that computer.
Activity: 364
November 06, 2017, 02:16:41 PM
I hold my coins on MyEtherWallet.com  Cheesy
Code phrase is written on paper.
Activity: 224
Merit: 9
November 06, 2017, 02:13:28 PM
i don't know if it is better trezor or ledger? any opinion?
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
November 05, 2017, 03:24:28 AM
the safest wallet is the offline wallet but there is still a risk that if the pc where you keep the offline wallet is destroyed then you can not do anything, print the wallet on a old printer with no internet connexion and no memory, then you can still lose the paper, so there is no safe, there is always a risk

if you hold a massive amount of coin in your offline wallet, you should make it valuable, secure it privately and encrypt it. keep it in a safe place. that's should reduce the risk and if you really think its valuable you should make it as importance thing.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
November 05, 2017, 02:58:59 AM

It's pretty tough to get coins 100% secured because there is a lot of software that can break wallets. Just keep it encrypted and hope for the best.
Activity: 294
November 04, 2017, 02:41:55 PM
better use desktop wallet to keep your coin,
so only you that have a control on it

people can everywhere save their coins for safe, easy and convenient reason also not too difficult procedure and also have control over their coins and desktop it's answer
Pages:
Jump to: