Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you hold your coins? - page 8. (Read 3715 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 250
November 01, 2017, 02:44:58 PM
I reccomend you holding your coins on pc and stake those coins man. Your going to increase procent.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
November 01, 2017, 02:28:22 PM
The bulk of my BTC is in a Trezor wallet safely tucked away. I have all the instructions, passphrase and seed info to it and my exchange accounts encrypted on three memory sticks. The wife can access the memory sticks and thus my crypto won't be lost should I suddenly die.

How many folk have not made provision in case something happens to them? It isn't like going to the bank of your dead partner with probate.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
November 01, 2017, 02:27:33 PM
bro make sure if u install desktop wallet that your computer safe and don't have any batch or virus install nod32 and scan ur computer 1st

Obviously keeping coins is now very profitable. I hold them naturally in my wallet in blockchain. Remember to protect your wallet. Good protection is the priority!
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
November 01, 2017, 01:39:26 PM
bro make sure if u install desktop wallet that your computer safe and don't have any batch or virus install nod32 and scan ur computer 1st
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 01, 2017, 01:00:56 PM
Safe wallet for storing altcoin is the recommended desktop wallet. I save altcoin on the exchange because I think it is more easy and simple and then I have never experienced problems with security, because I think it depends on you to keep your account confidential.

I have seen some exchanges closing their wallets, which meant that you could not deposit or withdraw the altcoins. Now NovaExchange has announced they are closing next year so if you have any coins in there you have to withdraw them within a few weeks, so they are not safe there either.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
November 01, 2017, 12:38:08 AM
Safe wallet for storing altcoin is the recommended desktop wallet. I save altcoin on the exchange because I think it is more easy and simple and then I have never experienced problems with security, because I think it depends on you to keep your account confidential.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
November 01, 2017, 12:34:21 AM
One of the safest ways to keep your cryptocoins is by converting them into real physical gold - perhaps not immediately, but after 20-30 years you would enjoy the difference. If not, for sure after 300-400.

you can converting your cryptocoins if you exchange it into money so you can buy a gold but for me, i think its better that we keep our coins in the wallet and sell it if the price is increase. buying gold is my dream too but for now, i think i want to make money first then if i have money, i can buy gold and keep it in deposit box. so far, i am saving my coins in the exchanges wallet and in desktop wallet and multi coins wallet but i need to be careful to save my coins in exchanges because not all of them can give protection to member.
Activity: 359
November 01, 2017, 12:06:54 AM
I hold my coins in MyEtherWallet and in Blockchain.

I also hold my wallet in MyEtherWallet. I think it's one of the safest wallet online. But for me, the most convenient wallet to use is the coins.ph.
Activity: 7
October 31, 2017, 11:28:12 PM
If you are hodler, don't keep tokens in exchanges. Use wallet where you control your private keys. Paper wallet (offline) is the most secure for me.
Activity: 5
October 31, 2017, 09:29:59 PM
I'm new to crypto currency and now I'm currently using desktop wallet because I have read some threads saying that it is the safest one to use. I do use some other wallets to store but with my larger funds I'm putting it on my desktop wallet.
Activity: 868
Merit: 103
*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*
October 31, 2017, 09:16:07 PM
The best way to safe your coin is using the desktop wallet.
because you can control all of the coin with your self.
but this method have a weakness of a long time waiting for syncronize the block.
if you want a simple method just using the website like myetherwallet.
you can save your coin on there just using the private key.
so make your choice  Wink

Activity: 360
October 31, 2017, 08:56:33 PM
My bitcoin for saving I put in my blockchain wallet , and some of my altcoin in the exchange for trading capital.
Activity: 479
Merit: 103
October 31, 2017, 08:38:17 PM
One of the safest ways to keep your cryptocoins is by converting them into real physical gold - perhaps not immediately, but after 20-30 years you would enjoy the difference. If not, for sure after 300-400.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
October 31, 2017, 04:44:33 PM
I hold my coins in MyEtherWallet and in Blockchain.
Activity: 453
October 31, 2017, 04:33:00 PM
buy a lot of one or two coins per month, before that investigate about invested coins, and if they're low price, then you can buy them a lot, or investing in ICO's, etc..

It helps a lot if you know more about some coins, at least a grasp of what, why,...etc...
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
October 31, 2017, 04:02:42 PM
So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

Keeping on exchange site or web wallet for as short as one week is long term because these people can wake up one day and come up with a change in policy that would take effect immediately without recourse to your feelings or investment because to them, its secondary. Another is the way they are subjects of targets which is on a continual basis and because hackers will not notify you of their heist, you are further at their mercy.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
October 31, 2017, 10:54:39 AM
the safer place to hold any coins is on the desktop wallet
just download gere https://nebl.io/wallets
but for faster profit you can hold in exchange, so you can sell the coin in any price with pending order
This post answers it all which desktop wallet on the link given is the best place to store up those coins but somehow hassle or would really put you on delay when theres an selling or buying opportunity on exchanges.This is the advantage but well as op mentioned he do tend to go for long term then the best thing to do is keep on desktop wallet is the best choice.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
October 31, 2017, 10:36:18 AM
Wallet, exchange, Hardware Ledger

Trust me, you wouldn't wanted to hold everything in one place

Exchange = Could be hacked
Local Computer = Could be infect with Virus, Keylogger and etc

The best practice is to get a public ledger wallet, so your Cryptos don't get steal unless they had ur hardware ledger wallet + Pin  Grin

This is the really the best idea but for me that doesn't have a ledger, cold storage wallet will be my last resort. So far, I did not experience any situation that those hackers had stole any of my coins so I can say that holding it in a desktop wallet is safe.

Not yet, exactly what that means. So you are anticipating for something to happen to you coins.
Best way to protect your funds is prevention, sooner or later someone or hacker will gain access to your computer or laptop. And as time goes by, im sure your funds are accumulating from more coins and price gains.
So do yourself a favour and invest i  a $100 hardware wallet.
Always use a hardware wallet!
As the above mate mentioned, using a hardware wallet increases the security on our bitcoin holdings. For the same we cannot say that online and desktop wallets were insecure. Here too we have got lot of security features that can be used to make our holdings more secure.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 31, 2017, 10:30:36 AM
Wallet, exchange, Hardware Ledger

Trust me, you wouldn't wanted to hold everything in one place

Exchange = Could be hacked
Local Computer = Could be infect with Virus, Keylogger and etc

The best practice is to get a public ledger wallet, so your Cryptos don't get steal unless they had ur hardware ledger wallet + Pin  Grin

This is the really the best idea but for me that doesn't have a ledger, cold storage wallet will be my last resort. So far, I did not experience any situation that those hackers had stole any of my coins so I can say that holding it in a desktop wallet is safe.

Not yet, exactly what that means. So you are anticipating for something to happen to you coins.
Best way to protect your funds is prevention, sooner or later someone or hacker will gain access to your computer or laptop. And as time goes by, im sure your funds are accumulating from more coins and price gains.
So do yourself a favour and invest i  a $100 hardware wallet.
Always use a hardware wallet!
Activity: 168
October 31, 2017, 08:16:31 AM
But desktop wallets can also contain malicious code and steal your coins and other valuable data from your computer. Not even a virus scanner can always detect what dangers are inside them.
Pages:
Jump to: